ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I deal with people wanting to show me pictures of cars and s**t all the time. Every single time they open the photos app or whatever it's just a camera roll, they spend the next 5 minutes scrolling through pictures.

I actually laugh now because everyone does it that I meet, I find it mental, Including my daughter until I showed her how a folder works. Mostly non tech folk in fairness.

Apps... When you have a blank page and you might want to put an app on it... You get top left or top left. Why? No one has ever answered this question.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I assumed you would come in with the AI stuff, I've seen it at work, it's a bit s**t.

At least they have folders. I've never seen an iPhone with folders because mental but at least they have the option.

Still paying £1200 for a phone and can't decide where the apps go though, right?

Apple: "You want top left?"

Everyone: "Erm I was thinking closer to the bottom, you know for reach"

Apple: No sir, you are mistaken, you want TOP LEFT, you don't understand design and the optibionic home page layout grid!"
You need to calm down. Genuinely. It’s a phone. It’s really not very important
And fyi I put my apps where I want.

12D1441A-1193-4C21-B704-CB6428D62DBF.jpeg

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Oh look, you’ve got the latest iOS.
Must be nice to not have to worry about waiting for OS updates.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You need to calm down. Genuinely. It’s a phone. It’s really not very important
And fyi I put my apps where I want.

View attachment 1612448
Warren it's the phone thread, on a car forum does it really matter how upset I get? It's upsetting because no one can explain why. I love the iPhone, it's incredible tech. I use an iPad on a daily basis and the iphone is the only phone I recommend people to "normal" folk.

Don't have a go because I want better. You should too, not that you care but I do.

What is the widget you have pushing the apps right?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh look, you’ve got the latest iOS.
Must be nice to not have to worry about waiting for OS updates.
😂 5 years ago maybe but not anymore. My phone is updated to new Android almost the same time as the pixel, certainty not long enough to care.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

The main man answering some questions that people had before his review comes out. The island is pretty cool, hope the devs take advantage on wide release. Also great to see the battery percentage back in the new OS. Not really sure the thinking behind removing it in the first place.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Deciding which 14 pro max model to go for. Not sure if it’s worth splashing on the 1TB when iCloud storage is so cheap. Can’t really see me selling it for years so resale value isn’t really an issue.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I’m almost afraid to ask, but, what are you really going to fill 1Tb with? I’m still only rocking a 64GB XR, with 20GB spare 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
My XS is brimmed (64GB) with 200GB iCloud storage. Just figured seeing as the 14 will have higher quality videos/images etc that it’ll eat storage up with ease.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Going to go for the 14 Pro Max in space grey, 128GB model with 2TB iCloud storage I think. Hopefully they do the 2hour delivery option in Scootland..

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I’m still half tempted by the 1TB 😂

Nah, I think a smaller memory model with large iCloud storage is the way to go. Can’t see me filling 128GB of phone memory tbh.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Anyone know of retailers with iPhones in stock? I’m looking at late October if I go through apple/EE.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Going to go for the 14 Pro Max in space grey, 128GB model with 2TB iCloud storage I think. Hopefully they do the 2hour delivery option in Scootland..
I would go for at least the 256BG capacity iPhone as you cannot record in 4K pro res with the 128GB iPhone.

My 14 Pro Max 256BG in space grey was delivered last week.

CE1EE138-2C03-4A0C-B2F5-120C97E63999.jpeg

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I would go for at least the 256BG capacity iPhone as you cannot record in 4K pro res with the 128GB iPhone.

My 14 Pro Max 256BG in space grey was delivered last week.

View attachment 1613531
Oh I see. They shouldn’t really offer a 128GB model if that’s the case, lol.

Mini Cooper S sport
View attachment 1612219

A lot of reviewers complaining about the highlight issue from the 12/13 now still an issue on the 14. But how good is that video on the iPhone. Just dreamy stuff!

Nilay's review up also. He's also dreamy!

I will remember that next time I need to take a photo of my stormtrooper helmet in the garden!

Still two weeks til mine arrives, can’t wait. I was delayed ordering it because I couldn’t put my number in the field required, there was a bug. Oh well.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Bought (ordered) the 14 pro max, space black 256GB. Just gotta wait the 3-4 weeks for delivery. Any decent case companies worth checking out? Ideally room for 2 cards.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Boggles the mind really. Especially considering I double tapped the power button, grabbed the shot and put it back in my pocket.

You don't really have time for messing about with animals and kids! Zero messing and no edits. Like the video on the iPhones, literal professional grade now.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Very tempted to go for the Pixel 7pro. Can be had for around £40 per month on a 2 year deal which also includes the Pixel watch with an RRP of £350 or so, which is handy as my Garmin decided it wasn't waterproof anymore and my G-Shock has lost a button.