ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Cheers. Whats the benefit or whatever going with the apple ones?
Seemless connection and integration (notifications read out etc), better noise cancelling and sound than the other options mentioned. Also get Dolby atoms/spatial audio which you’ll only get with apple/beats. Mic quality also a significant step above, and the transparency mode is way ahead of anything else.

I’d say the beats fit pro are the best if you don’t want to spend over £200 (think they’re £160 atm). You get all the apple only features and the fit is brilliant. Case being bulky is the downside.
Beats Fit Pro – True Wireless Noise Cancelling Earbuds – Active Noise Cancelling - Sweat Resistant Earphones, Compatible with Apple & Android, Class 1 Bluetooth®, Built-in Microphone – Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09Q768ND9/?tag=cliospnet01-21

The Cambridge audio one’s sound great if they fit. I found the fit atrocious. And using the buttons pushes them further in, not pleasant.

If you’re not too fussed with the apple specific features, the Sony linkbuds s are the best cheaper option. Great sound quality, brilliant noise cancelling and they’re really light/comfy, and they’ve got multipoint connection.
Sony LinkBuds S Truly Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones - Multipoint connection - Ultra light for All-day Comfort with Crystal clear call quality - Up to 20 hours battery life - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09Y2HHL3R/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Last edited:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I love my beats fits pro, noise cancelling is good not great but they fit great

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
My S21 Ultra annoys me for portraits.
It's so far behind of my wifes iPhone 13Pro. Landscapes are great but with moving kids , the shutter is too slow and the processing is odd.

If I went to a Pixel 7 Pro would it be an improvement? Or should I just go over to Apple?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
My old Pixel is miles ahead of my Huawei or iPhone for photos. The 7 I imagine is superb.

I'm sure @Gally would have posted a video which compares loads of them but I'd be looking at the 7 pro for sure.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Tbh I think since I've had it, I've disliked the processing since I've had it

Outdoor shots are great indoors there is something not right.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The pixel 7 pro is actually lagging behind the s22 and iPhone 14 sadly. Here's Danny's video very recently after all the updates.

The iPhone video is utterly mind bending. But over the last year with max tech etc. The s22u came out on top.

Low light is difficult and the pixel can look g{d once or twice. I found the s22u superb. Here are some from a pitch black hydro arena the other night. 3 and 10x zoom

20221129_205333.jpg

20221129_220437.jpg

20221129_214121.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and don't use portrait at low light. Let the big sensor do its job. I was always blown away by the s21u. I would however agree, moving subjects, Samsung shutter can struggle.

Reactions: riz

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Oh and don't use portrait at low light. Let the big sensor do its job. I was always blown away by the s21u. I would however agree, moving subjects, Samsung shutter can struggle.

I've googled the hell out of it, apparently Samsungs often stutter indoors especially with kids!!
Shame i got three of them.....

If I swap to a Pixel 7 Pro now, I have to either give the phone back or pay £220 to keep the S21U.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've googled the hell out of it, apparently Samsungs often stutter indoors especially with kids!!
Shame i got three of them.....

If I swap to a Pixel 7 Pro now, I have to either give the phone back or pay £220 to keep the S21U.
Pay the £220 and eBay it once you’re happy with the pixel.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah an s21u will do good money. Again I wouldn't be buying one over a s22u but different price points.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Looking to have a change from my p30 pro, needs a good camera and great recharge times. Budget of say 400 to buy outright. Quite like the idea of a none Samsung, Google effort. The like on one plus etc.

Suggestions....

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Looking to have a change from my p30 pro, needs a good camera and great recharge times. Budget of say 400 to buy outright. Quite like the idea of a none Samsung, Google effort. The like on one plus etc.

Suggestions....
Nothing phone?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Will be listing my p30 pro 128gb (8gb) in aurora later or in the morning.

Stunning condition with box, charger, headphones etc.

The new owner will be absolutely made up. Only reason im selling is i fancy a change. After 3 Huawei its time to move on.

Will be £165 recorded delivery etc.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Will be listing my p30 pro 128gb (8gb) in aurora later or in the morning.

Stunning condition with box, charger, headphones etc.

The new owner will be absolutely made up. Only reason im selling is i fancy a change. After 3 Huawei its time to move on.

Will be £165 recorded delivery etc.
Are you lost? You seem to have wandered away from the ‘For sale’ section of the forum?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Contract is up on the s21 ultra in a couple of months

Not sure whether to go for s22 ultra even though its a year old or go for s23 ultra and pay top dollar per month like I did with the s21 ultra.

The Mrs has the s22 and its a brilliant phone

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone using a one plus, realme type of phone and really happy etc. I like my 20 fe but the battery could do with being a bit better

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Contract is up on the s21 ultra in a couple of months

Not sure whether to go for s22 ultra even though its a year old or go for s23 ultra and pay top dollar per month like I did with the s21 ultra.

The Mrs has the s22 and its a brilliant phone
I'm in the same boat. Contract runs out at the end of Jan on my S21 ultra. Apparently the S23 launch will be 1st Feb with release date around 2 weeks later.

Considering going down the route of sim only and buying the phone direct from Samsung, depending on contract prices. Hoping Samsung do some good trade in offers. They have up to £510 trade in at the moment for an S21U.

Assuming the S23U is round about the £1200 mark, If they offer anywhere near that on trade it then that works out around 30 quid a month for 2 years. Add a cheap SIM deal and it'll be hard to beat with any contract.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I get discount through work on Samsung, be interesting to see what deals come about

997.1, Caddy, e208
I had the oneplus 1, 3t, 6t & 8.
Since the new updates, they got horrendously buggy, shame as this 10T 150w sounds great charging to full in 20 minutes.

wouldn’t rush back to owning another one plus device despite it being the phone I’ve used for years.