ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

997.1, Caddy, e208
I have always found there after sales great never issues at all one reason I always buy samsung
You're lucky then

1694642185874.png

1694642241913.png

1694642322817.png

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I’ll stick with my 14pro I think. Taking some will power though, I have a minor titanium fetish.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
I pay monthly for my phone through apple now (sim only costs me £10 a month)

I used to buy them outright and get some money back from the old one, but i just cant justify that spend anymore lol

The new 15 Pro is £5 a month more, so im going to upgrade - and im the same as all the comments above, i care about the colour and then stick a case on it lol, but this time im going with the white, having had the grey for a long time

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I pay monthly for my phone through apple now (sim only costs me £10 a month)

I used to buy them outright and get some money back from the old one, but i just cant justify that spend anymore lol

The new 15 Pro is £5 a month more, so im going to upgrade - and im the same as all the comments above, i care about the colour and then stick a case on it lol, but this time im going with the white, having had the grey for a long time
How much do apple charge for such a service? Didn’t even know this was a thing

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I've pre-preordered a 15 Pro Max. Actual preorders open at 1pm tomorrow.

1st launch day (I hope) iPhone for me in many many years.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Also going for a pre-order 15 tomorrow, wasn't planning on changing my current phone for another couple of years, but I've had nothing but issues with it. Proper Friday afternoon in the sweatshop job.
Had a screen replacement free under warranty, but Apple are now adamant it's fine, so we'll see how fine they think it is when I send it in as part ex on the new one.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I always go black.. raw titanium is tempting me and I can’t decide 🤷‍♂️ first world etc.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I still have the iPhone 12 Pro Max and been not been looking that much at the 15 Pro Max, what's peoples thoughts on the step up on tech on the 15 Pro other than the camera, USB-C is there anything else? The titanium will be good too

Also what's the current rough selling price on the iPhone 12 Pro Max 128GB going private?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Green 15 for me. For delivery.

Should be a nice upgrade on my iphone SE LOL

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I’ve got a 13 Pro Max 128gb and it’s been ace. Since the 15 has been released the 14 pros have tumbled (13 pro max seems steady).

I reckon the I would get £600 ish and pay an extra 150 to get a 14 pro max. There’s one for sale (256) for 750 I’ve been looking at.

Battery life on mine is 91, the 14 pro max I’m looking at is 97.

Is my man maths just that, or just keep my current 13….

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I’ve got a 13 Pro Max 128gb and it’s been ace. Since the 15 has been released the 14 pros have tumbled (13 pro max seems steady).

I reckon the I would get £600 ish and pay an extra 150 to get a 14 pro max. There’s one for sale (256) for 750 I’ve been looking at.

The processor in the 14 Pro is the same as the one in the 13 pro. The only difference between the 2 phones is the dynamic island and small camera improvements. I wouldn't do the change.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172

How much is your data/mins etc?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
The processor in the 14 Pro is the same as the one in the 13 pro. The only difference between the 2 phones is the dynamic island and small camera improvements. I wouldn't do the change.
The 14 Pro has a newer processor, it’s the basic ones that used the same as the 13.

However, I doubt the difference would be noticeable in real world use tbh.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Was only considering newer phone slightly better battery for not a massive amount more than mines worth. I blame the weather sat at work being a bit bored lol

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
I don’t even think it’s worth swapping until the phone says the battery needs replacing really.
Mine got down to 80% (I think) before telling me it was goosed. Getting a new one and trading it in was easier than going to the Apple Store and getting the battery done.

I went from 11 pro to 14 pro. If there was an Apple Store down the road, I’d have definitely gone that route.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The 14 Pro has a newer processor, it’s the basic ones that used the same as the 13.

However, I doubt the difference would be noticeable in real world use tbh.
The A16 and A15 were effectively the same chip.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I am mightily tempted by a 15 pro max, trade in my 14 plus and get a bit of the old 0% finance.

Not sure about the colour though so I’ll probably wait until I’ve seen one in the flesh.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Just pulled the trigger on a 15 Pro Max to replace my 11 Pro Max. f**k knows when i'll get it as all the 3 shops are out of stock and it says it'll come anytime from now until mid November 😂

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I signed my life away to a S23+ deal as it'll link up to my s8 ultra tablet. The tablet is a content consuming warrior, screen is incredible and cheaper than apples offerings..

The phone seems fine, a few annoying things like the keyboard and stuff can be changed.

Twas £200 down, £26 a month, s23+ 512 gig and trading in my old old handset for £110, (keeping my iPhone 13)

I can't reward apples anti repair hardware locking bs... I'll instead reward Samsung as they follow in apples footsteps.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Collected my 15 Pro Max this afternoon from the Glasgow store. Twas very busy as expected.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Three have totally fucked me.
Ordered my Pro Max on pre order day as soon as lines opened.

Not received today. Constant lies from them. Now had a text saying stock issues blah blah, trying to get it for you by the 4th Oct. Absolutely fuming.