ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I’ve read quite a lot of people got disappointed by their carriers. EE and Sky in particular seem to be the most affected.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Phone has gone back to Samsung for the third time. Right now, I'll settle for the screen to be repaired, I have lost the will with it.
I would like to think that head office will just say to replace it out of good will, but the way they've acted through it all, I doubt it.

Just wish I got on with iOS as I'd switch in a hearbeat.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Phone has gone back to Samsung for the third time. Right now, I'll settle for the screen to be repaired, I have lost the will with it.
I would like to think that head office will just say to replace it out of good will, but the way they've acted through it all, I doubt it.

Have you had problems with Samsung customer service bud?

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
Keep looking at the Z flip 5.
Missed out on a deal to get a Chromebook Go with it other day but now you can get the galaxy buds 2 and a starter pack.
£19 upfront and £39.99 a month on ID mobile.

But the S23 ultra looks good too, £80 upfront but same monthly and same offer .

Currently got a Xiaomi 11T pro and want something different. Contract ends in Jan and I know upgrade offers are crap so I always just get new contracts.
Aware the specs on the flip aren't as good as the Xiaomi such as camera. Not sure I'd mind too much if it's still decent enough and do fancy the gimmick of a flip lol
Can't find the oppo flip or anything else anywhere

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Keep looking at the Z flip 5.
Missed out on a deal to get a Chromebook Go with it other day but now you can get the galaxy buds 2 and a starter pack.
£19 upfront and £39.99 a month on ID mobile.

But the S23 ultra looks good too, £80 upfront but same monthly and same offer .

Currently got a Xiaomi 11T pro and want something different. Contract ends in Jan and I know upgrade offers are crap so I always just get new contracts.
Aware the specs on the flip aren't as good as the Xiaomi such as camera. Not sure I'd mind too much if it's still decent enough and do fancy the gimmick of a flip lol
Can't find the oppo flip or anything else anywhere
I know tech has moved on recently but my wife has the flip 3 and it's properly s**t. Had 3 screens under warranty now and been fully exchanged once (for the wrong colour!)

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
I know tech has moved on recently but my wife has the flip 3 and it's properly s**t. Had 3 screens under warranty now and been fully exchanged once (for the wrong colour!)

That's not a good sign 😂
But is the rest of it alright? Like you say tech's come on a little so the screen issue you'd hope would have been sorted by now?
I do like the S23u but go a page back and there's issues there too 😂 last time I had a Samsung was the S8, been OnePlus, Oppo, Xiaomi since and they all seem to have been fine!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
That's not a good sign 😂
But is the rest of it alright? Like you say tech's come on a little so the screen issue you'd hope would have been sorted by now?
I do like the S23u but go a page back and there's issues there too 😂 last time I had a Samsung was the S8, been OnePlus, Oppo, Xiaomi since and they all seem to have been fine!

Get an S23U you'll enjoy it, they are huge though.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
That's not a good sign 😂

The camera is shite (again tech has moved on)

She likes it though cause girly and small so fits in her handbag easily.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I’ve got self diagnosed ocd so when buying things I’d like the seller to be transparent, upto a point. I bought this 14 pro max based on it being immaculate, no scratches etc. on removing an inspecting the phone I’ve noticed these marks in certain light, I appreciate its a year old etc. is it just me (see first sentence)

IMG_2609.jpeg
IMG_2610.jpeg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I’ve got self diagnosed ocd so when buying things I’d like the seller to be transparent, upto a point. I bought this 14 pro max based on it being immaculate, no scratches etc. on removing an inspecting the phone I’ve noticed these marks in certain light, I appreciate its a year old etc. is it just me (see first sentence)

View attachment 1663407View attachment 1663408
Has that not got a screen protector on?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
What’s this I hear about the iPhone 15 overheating, is it just a certain model?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've decided to leave it for this year, I'll see what the iPhone 16 is going to be like, good thing that the iPhone 15 has gone USB-C

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Wangled myself a new work phone yesterday, after moaning about the battery of my old one. Galaxy A33. No range topper for sure but it’s quite a nice thing. Came out the box stuffed with absolute bullshit though. Ticktok app, Facebook app, those lame Candy Crush style games. Jesus Christ. They all got sacked off immediately. Doesn’t seem to have wireless charging either 🙄

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Mrs got her iPhone 15 last night, and dropped it today! Thank god the screen protectors arrived before the phone, screen protector on for less then 24 hrs and already broken and needs replacing 🤦‍♂️

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Wangled myself a new work phone yesterday, after moaning about the battery of my old one. Galaxy A33. No range topper for sure but it’s quite a nice thing. Came out the box stuffed with absolute bullshit though. Ticktok app, Facebook app, those lame Candy Crush style games. Jesus Christ. They all got sacked off immediately. Doesn’t seem to have wireless charging either 🙄
I got an A34 from work a few weeks ago, not bad TBH, but when I've been using that and go back to my iPhone it feels tiny :ROFLMAO:

Also binned off all the bloatware and also no wireless charging, but the battery last aaaages!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I’m looking at iPhone 14 pro. From reading it seems the 15 is quite disappointing review wise and not much of an upgrade

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I’m looking at iPhone 14 pro. From reading it seems the 15 is quite disappointing review wise and not much of an upgrade
I think if you’re going from a 14 to 15, then it’s not a huge change. I’ll be going from a 11 Pro Max to 15 Pro Max so a bit more of a jump.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I have the same feeling but with Android. Hate it - almost like a college student has been asked to write a phone OS and that Android was their first attempt. Despise using my work's phone because of it - but I don't know if having two iPhones would make me look like a baller, or a complete and utter wanker.

I find the best iPhone deals are usually just buying them on 0% Barclays finance direct from apple then having a sim only contract.
Yep - 2nd time around for me doing this. I got my current iPhone 11 through 0% finance and my iPhone 15 Pro is due at the end of the month via the same means.

Looking forward to the camera upgrade perhaps the most. Already have an Otterbox clear case on backorder and received a twin pack of glass laminates yesterday.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
None at all. Seems to be the same as car sales now, no discounts at all
It's the best and the worst thing about Apple devices. Literally zero discount on anything.

At least you can just focus on stock availability then, I guess? The 15 Pros aren't available anywhere at the minute - at least not within a reasonable distance to me.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Occasionally the last gen models are discounted by Very, if you use BNPL, you get a code, but you can pay it off in full whenever really. I bought my 8s and 11 this way, but its usually around christmas time.

Ive just ordered a 256gb Natural Titanium 15 Pro through Apple, not coming for 4 weeks!

Im looking for cases at the moment and leaning towards the Apple silicone case, the magsafe rings on some cases are so ugly.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Occasionally the last gen models are discounted by Very, if you use BNPL, you get a code, but you can pay it off in full whenever really. I bought my 8s and 11 this way, but its usually around christmas time.

Ive just ordered a 256gb Natural Titanium 15 Pro through Apple, not coming for 4 weeks!

Im looking for cases at the moment and leaning towards the Apple silicone case, the magsafe rings on some cases are so ugly.
Apple silicone cases wear so badly. 3rd party with the MagSafe ring inside are far better imo.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
where are you looking at getting the 14 pro from, is it on a contract?

I only ask as it looks like apple have stopped selling the 14 pro.

Last edited:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
If your employer has a discount portal, it’s also worth checking that. Mine does and the Apple offer is 4% off. Massive? No. But better than nothing. It occasionally goes up to 5%.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Apple silicone cases wear so badly. 3rd party with the MagSafe ring inside are far better imo.

Ah thats a shame. Any recommendations? Im tempted to just go caseless this time round but thats probably not the best idea.