ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Anyone know any good iPhone 15 deals? Or iPhone 14?

Cheers

My mrs got this.. considering outright is £800 it’s cheaper than sim only / 0% finance etc.

IMG_1471.png

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
where are you looking at getting the 14 pro from, is it on a contract?

I only ask as it looks like apple have stopped selling the 14 pro.

I’ve been hoping they’d get the 15 pro in, they have the regular 15 so maybe just can’t have the flagships.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S

I’ve been hoping they’d get the 15 pro in, they have the regular 15 so maybe just can’t have the flagships.
cheers, I only want to upgrade for a better camera (I currently have an iphone 11).

Not sure I can stomach spending that much extra just for some better photo's.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
cheers, I only want to upgrade for a better camera (I currently have an iphone 11).

Not sure I can stomach spending that much extra just for some better photo's.
It’s crazy money for a last gen phone. My budget is around £800 and I need 256gb minimum. I’m also an iPhone fanboy and can’t see past it🤣

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I was with o2 before, which was horrendous. No signal issues at all with these. They don’t offer any extras (free Greggs etc) which is why they’re cheapest around.
two of my mates have moved from three to EE in the past 2 months. Their signal in Glasgow is atrocious

Cue jokes about Glasgow being a dump 🤣

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Every network will have bad areas. That’s why the wife is on a different network as she’ll usually get a signal where I can’t and vice versa.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Ah thats a shame. Any recommendations? Im tempted to just go caseless this time round but thats probably not the best idea.
I’ve got a pitaka on my 14pro, really slim and tough. The MagSafe is invisible from the outside.

Cheaper option, I’ve got one of these and it’s very decent.
TORRAS Ultra Thin iPhone 15 Pro Case for MagSafe [No.1 Magnetic Force] Extreme Protection Case for iPhone 15 Pro Phone Case(Velvety Touch & Elegant Look) Slim Phone Case iPhone 15 Pro Black Cover https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CB5SD3X6/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
two of my mates have moved from three to EE in the past 2 months. Their signal in Glasgow is atrocious

Cue jokes about Glasgow being a dump 🤣

Yeah EE were good for me also in the past, but couldn’t get close price wise.

997.1, Caddy, e208
I think it's 40% off your tariff, usually sell for around £80.
The discount stays on your account if you upgrade IIRC.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
If you are looking at getting a 14 pro id recommend having a look on AV Forum. I have a pro max 128 and paid £700 with 100% health and like new. For reference.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Refurbished but 'excellent' condition iPhone 14 Pro here for £749...

Can recommend Mozillion, my Missus' last 2 phones (XS Max, 13 Pro) from there, first had 9 months warranty left with Apple and was basically brand new, the second was a year old but, again, looked like new.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
iPhone 12, 128gb, 90% battery excellent condition. What would we reckon it’s worth?

997.1, Caddy, e208
saaammssurrrrnnnnggg have replaced my screen, and the camera FoC.
They also believe they have identified the fault with the calls dropping.

Finally!!
Dear Oggy997

Further to my mail below I have received an update from the Service Partner this morning, this followed them actually shipping the handset back out last evening and I believe a delivery has been attempted today deferred to tomorrow as no-one was available.

They were unable to replicate the issue but have stated that between the previous repair and now their service all conceivable hardware components have been replaced, in effect you have a brand new device internally. As such if any problems were to persist this would have to point to the root cause laying elsewhere.

However, we hope that within this repair they have resolved even if they were unable to replicate and you will be able to confirm following receipt of the handset.

Ok, so not repaired, but the whole device replaced in essence. That'll do pig. That'll do.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Dear Oggy997

Further to my mail below I have received an update from the Service Partner this morning, this followed them actually shipping the handset back out last evening and I believe a delivery has been attempted today deferred to tomorrow as no-one was available.

They were unable to replicate the issue but have stated that between the previous repair and now their service all conceivable hardware components have been replaced, in effect you have a brand new device internally. As such if any problems were to persist this would have to point to the root cause laying elsewhere.

However, we hope that within this repair they have resolved even if they were unable to replicate and you will be able to confirm following receipt of the handset.

Ok, so not repaired, but the whole device replaced in essence. That'll do pig. That'll do.
Why wouldn’t they just have given you a new phone if they’re gonna goto that trouble?

997.1, Caddy, e208
I cannot understand their rationale at all.

"we absolutely couldnt have scratched it, our partner have images of it being collected, it was immaculate"
"can I see these images?"
"No, did you damage it before sending it to us?"
"No, it's had a screen protector on it since I bought it, see purchase invoice, it absolutely did get scratched in your care"
"It was damaged before we got it into our service centre"

1696593071880.png

997.1, Caddy, e208
I thought that might be the case, but I have a couple of friends who have had it for years..... Although I'm not sure if they've negotiated this come renewal.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Can recommend Mozillion, my Missus' last 2 phones (XS Max, 13 Pro) from there, first had 9 months warranty left with Apple and was basically brand new, the second was a year old but, again, looked like new.

That's good to know. Never actually used them myself, just saw that posted on HUKD!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Nice one. They’re talking £300 for my old iPhone!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
The wife and I are after new phones, don't need anything too special but wife insists on a good camera.

Budget circa £30 per month each with minimum 10gb data each.

What phones are recommended at the moment?

I'm coming from a pixel 6 (only really want to upgrade as the front and rear are smashed and it will cost as much to repair as it will to get out of the contract!)

Wife is coming from a ZFold 3 which the camera is s**t on.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm paying £30pm (2 years) on an S22U on O2 (not via O2, though because that would cost me £5722 per month for 1gb data for 3 years.

It's not a bad phone but it's not as good as I was expecting after reading reviews, granted it was a year old when I bought it.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm really not too fussy on what I have, cheaper the better really whilst not being a step back from the current.. wife just wants a better camera.

I'm looking currently at the pixel 7 or the S22, both can be had around £20-25 per month with a low up front and more than enough data.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Stay Pixel for the camera @MatthewR ? The 7 and 7 pro are good phones. Ideally stretch to an 8 pro on pre order. Free pixel watche also!

The Samsungs imo are always good. Especially the camera. The pixel is just ahead on image and just behind on video.