ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Stay Pixel for the camera @MatthewR ? The 7 and 7 pro are good phones. Ideally stretch to an 8 pro on pre order. Free pixel watche also!

The Samsungs imo are always good. Especially the camera. The pixel is just ahead on image and just behind on video.

Say hello budget creep 😂

2 Pixel 8 Pro's ordered for release day with the Pixel watch 2 for each.

£39.99 per month £29 up front so total of £988.76 over the two years for a £999 phone seems utter madness! Even more so when you add in a £349 watch, alot of tech for the money!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Say hello budget creep 😂

2 Pixel 8 Pro's ordered for release day with the Pixel watch 2 for each.

£39.99 per month £29 up front so total of £988.76 over the two years for a £999 phone seems utter madness! Even more so when you add in a £349 watch, alot of tech for the money!
Fantastic stuff buddy. Hopefully she is okay with the size of the pro. I have high hopes for the 8, slowly removing niggle after niggle. The 8 will easily be the best one so far. Love the new backs aswell look a good material.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Fantastic stuff buddy. Hopefully she is okay with the size of the pro. I have high hopes for the 8, slowly removing niggle after niggle. The 8 will easily be the best one so far. Love the new backs aswell look a good material.
She has a z flip 3 currently which is actually much bigger than you realise when open so I'm sure she will be fine with it!

Looking forward to Thursday now

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah must have mixed her up there with someone sorry Matthew. Yeah the pixel 8 will be a perfect change from the Flip. My partner loves her flip 4 and now 5 in fairness.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Smashed the living crap out of my iPhone 14 pro, rear glass needs replacing, anyone know of a decent repair centre to use?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Do you have mobile guys where you live Warren? There was a Samsung team official that come in a van and do it near me and their service was fantastic I have to say.

Obviously you don't want any weirdo coming but maybe a big reputable mobile repairer. How much are apple wanting in store?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
@ForceIndia Do you run caseless or just an accident, apple care is the goat if you want to go caseless.
Just an accident. Got a case, but this was from some height and landed at a bad angle. Still fully functional so case back in and ignore if it’s £300😂

No idea in store, I’ll have a gander.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just an accident. Got a case, but this was from some height and landed at a bad angle. Still fully functional so case back in and ignore if it’s £300😂

No idea in store, I’ll have a gander.
Happened to my colleague also, decent case, bad angle properly fucked the front up.

DCi
I spoke to Vodafone the other day and encountered some fantastic 36 month contracts they now do 🤮

So starting to look at going sim only contract and just buying a handset as I dont really want all those inflation raises as we go along...
When I googled samsung S23, I can see them for £900 on the Samsung official web store, but as low as the £500's on amazon (Though generally '3 left in stock')

Is this a thing or have I found wish.com phones for sale? Im surprised at the price gap and it just seems to good to be true which generally means I've missed something

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I spoke to Vodafone the other day and encountered some fantastic 36 month contracts they now do 🤮

So starting to look at going sim only contract and just buying a handset as I dont really want all those inflation raises as we go along...
When I googled samsung S23, I can see them for £900 on the Samsung official web store, but as low as the £500's on amazon (Though generally '3 left in stock')

Is this a thing or have I found wish.com phones for sale? Im surprised at the price gap and it just seems to good to be true which generally means I've missed something
I'm with Vodafone, I used to have a 24 month tariff and 36month phone 'loan'.

I upgraded last week to a pixel 8 pro for £40 per month £60 up front 100gb data all on a 2 year deal rather than the other bullshit they do.

That was through Affordable mobiles rather than Vodafone direct but it's worked as an actual upgrade on my account.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Using an iPhone 12 while my 14 pro is being fixed. Bar the better camera, I’m not sure there’s that much day to day that makes the 14 better?

The refresh rate is something I only notice for a short period. Beyond that, for how I use the phone I’m not sure it’s worth keeping the 14.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Using an iPhone 12 while my 14 pro is being fixed. Bar the better camera, I’m not sure there’s that much day to day that makes the 14 better?

The refresh rate is something I only notice for a short period. Beyond that, for how I use the phone I’m not sure it’s worth keeping the 14.
You are absolutely correct. There is no change, minor camera change. Apple went for the "we made usb-c" which made many apple fan boys piss their pants. USB C on board is 2.1 not even 3.

Anyway, id sell it for profit if you dont notice any real differences.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Right, phone time.
Looking for something that can be used for 4 years plus, the reliable P30 Pro is starting to show signs of age and running out of space.

256GB looks best option for this going forward. Budget is sub 1k. Android only.

Shoot your shot.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You are absolutely correct. There is no change, minor camera change. Apple went for the "we made usb-c" which made many apple fan boys piss their pants. USB C on board is 2.1 not even 3.

Anyway, id sell it for profit if you dont notice any real differences.
Same with all phones tbh. Incremental changes, which they’ve likely held back for a few years because all the real innovation is done.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Right, phone time.
Looking for something that can be used for 4 years plus, the reliable P30 Pro is starting to show signs of age and running out of space.

Shoot your shot.

New Pixels look good, especially the AI photography stuff, if that interests you.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Mind boggling, I walked into store and just picked one up after breakfast a couple of Saturdays back. Where are there delays?

Its still showing that its not available anywhere to collect on the Apple site, but expecting it this week. Bit of a joke really!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I have an immaculate 14 pro max 128 in silver for sale if anyone is interested. 99% battery health.

£700 Delivered 👍🍺

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I managed to pick up a 15 pro max 512gb on Wednesday from Meadowhall.

Just keep checking the shop app. They seem to become available at random in small numbers for collection. Not sure where that leaves the people who have ordered for delivery and are being quoted mid November, surely they should them.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It’s still showing that it’s not available anywhere to collect on the Apple site, but expecting it this week. Bit of a joke really!
That’s mental. They seem very disorganised this year. Very! On Sat 7th I walked into Bluewater store, asked, and got one on the spot!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Right, phone time.

Shoot your shot.
The new pixels do look good. Depending on size for your hand, a pretty new s23 ultra? Powerhouse and stylus?

Something small and powerful s23 normal. Beautiful thing.

Nothing phone 2, quirky, performs very well.

Xperia 1 MK4? Expandable memory, headphone jack, incredible screen and speakers.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
That’s mental. They seem very disorganised this year. Very! On Sat 7th I walked into Bluewater store, asked, and got one on the spot!

If I didnt have to drive an hour to get to a store, I would probably do that!

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Its literally changed to 'preparing to ship' this afternoon, not sure when I would typically get it from this point!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
@rctempire Push the boat out...

Lovely lovely phone. I want my phone to have a pleather back.

1698089723433.png

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
@rctempire I've just got the pixel 8 pro, it's a fantastic phone, very fast, nice size in the hand, camera is amazing and the AI features are weird but pretty cool a d useful when taking a family photo with a 7 and 1 year old 😂

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
@rctempire I've just got the pixel 8 pro, it's a fantastic phone, very fast, nice size in the hand, camera is amazing and the AI features are weird but pretty cool a d useful when taking a family photo with a 7 and 1 year old 😂
Erasing out the wife? Seems a good idea for many. :ROFLMAO:

I have looked at it, potential is there especially with the 7 years OS support.

Have you used the temperature sensor?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Erasing out the wife? Seems a good idea for many. :ROFLMAO:

I have looked at it, potential is there especially with the 7 years OS support.

Have you used the temperature sensor?

I used he temp sensor on a drink the other day, unfortunately I have nothing to check the results from.. it's a nice gimmick but I'm not 100% sure I'd ever trust it 😂

7 years support is what drew me into spending more than I wanted to get this. I had a budget of £30 per month for a 2 year contact. Ended up being £39 per month but worth it imo

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
0% Interest on the open and £250.00 tradein on a £5/£10 phone, plus extra discount for newsletter. Possibly best foldable on the market just now.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Apple went for the "we made usb-c" which made many apple fan boys piss their pants. USB C on board is 2.1 not even 3.
I'd rather they stuck with lightning TBH, the fact it clicks into the charger port and the end doesn't loosen/open up over time makes it better than USB C for me.

I don't care about transfer speeds and the battery lasts all day so I only charge at night.

Stupid EU.