ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PlayStation 4 Thread.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Well it's came through post today, two days after ordering. Not opened it up yet. I just worry its second hand being sold as brand new :(

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Set it up etc on Sunday, it's all good
Time to play some games again :)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Can I get a decent headset for the PS4 with separate chat and volume adjusters for less than say, £60?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone having wifi issues with theirs?
I get 30-40mbps download on my laptop, phone etc. Struggle to hit 8 on the PS, and that's when it's really good!
Had under 1 today. Upload around 4-5. Wouldn't even load the store.

Can't use a wire as it's in another room (only 12 ft away, just don't want to be drilling holes)

Using the new BT HH5. Signal strength was 58% earlier!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
It seems to halve most people's Wi-Fi connections. Thought about Powerline adapters? Have it wired without drilling holes...

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Anyone having wifi issues with theirs?
I get 30-40mbps download on my laptop, phone etc. Struggle to hit 8 on the PS, and that's when it's really good!
Had under 1 today. Upload around 4-5. Wouldn't even load the store.

Can't use a wire as it's in another room (only 12 ft away, just don't want to be drilling holes)

Using the new BT HH5. Signal strength was 58% earlier!
I get 80mb on my phone and 35mb on PS4. (wired)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I wish it was halving it but it's killing it by a lot more than that.
I've got the power line adapters in but it's not made much of a difference. I might have to drill though and run a cable as BT charge £130 to move the line.

I do a speed test on the console and it was under 1mbps. I looked in the router settings and it was showing 19mbps going to the console.
Everything else is getting what it should I think. 50+ on the laptop, 30's on the phone. Just the PS4 which is turd.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I'm have BT fibre, I have a PS4, my PS4 is not near my router (probably about 7m, through walls) and I use a wireless connection; no issues here.

Maybe there is an issue with the wireless card in your PS4?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yeah man it definitely shouldn't be that bad. Do you have problems with all aspects of going online with it? I don't actually game online so can't really test that but with my iPlayer etc. half the time it'll be absolutely fine, and half the time unplayable 😧

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe. Everything else seems fine. I'll have to try running a wire to it although it'll be a ball ache.
I've got the wireless extenders and they don't seem to have made any difference. I'll try resetting everything when I've got time again.

L2 trigger of the controller has started to stick too. Possibly due to me losing my rag with destiny.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Recently I've been testing my PS4 connection a lot and seem to be getting around 50mb download with 6mb upload (getting around 74mb on my phone using wifi), but when downloading large updates/games etc it flies though parts of the download, and then goes extremely slowly. When it's downloading slowly it still shows my speed at 50mb? At times I have to pause and resume a few times for the download to proceed quicker, or sign out and back in. I don't quite get it, PS4 is wired and at the time there were no other devices using wifi.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone had a look at Playstation Now?
Let's is alright, mainly old games. Prices from £2.99 for a couple of days, can also pay for 30 days, some are £7.99 I think.
List pulled of Reddit.

• Anomaly Warzone Earth
  • Back To The Future: Episode 3
  • Batman Arkham City
  • Bejeweled 3
  • BEYOND: Two Souls
  • BLAZBLUE CALAMITY TRIGGER
  • Crash Commando
  • F1 2003
  • Dead or Alive 5
  • Dead Space 3
  • DiRT 3
  • Dogfight 1942
  • Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
  • Heavenly Sword
  • Homefront
  • Hunter's Trophy 2: America
  • Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos
  • Killzone 2
  • Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
  • Learning With The PooYoos: Episode 2
  • Lemmings
  • Magus
  • Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
  • MotorStorm Apocalypse
  • MX vs ATV: Alive
  • NASCAR '14
  • NBA 2K14
  • Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
  • Oddworld Straner's Wrath HD
  • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
  • Painkiller - Hell & Damnaton
  • Payday The Heist
  • Pid
  • Papo & Yo Full Game
  • PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap
  • PixelJunk Shoot
  • Port Royale 3
  • Red Faction: Guerrilla
  • Red Johnson's Chronicles - One Against All
  • Retro/Grade
  • Rise of the Argonauts
  • Rochard
  • Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
  • Saints Row The Third - The Full Package
  • Sam & Max BTS: Episode 3 - Night of the Raving Dead
  • Sam & Max BTS: Episode 3 - They Stole Max's Brain
  • Shatter
  • Sky Fighter
  • Sniper Elite V2
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Urban Trial Freestyle
  • Vessel
  • When Vikings Attack
If you run Test Connection and go to View Games after this, you will see that the following games are also available:

• Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
  • Puppeteer
  • Everybody's Golf
  • PixelJunk Monsters
  • Riff: Everyday Shooter
  • God of War Ascension
  • inFAmous
  • The Last of Us
  • Killzone
https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-now/

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
It's a good idea, but not for PS3 games.

I want things like spyro the dragon and crash bandicoot, real classics!

Golf R/Leon FR
Playstation Now is a good idea, however it's £4.99 for example to rent Uncharted for just 2 days. You're never going to complete the game in that time.

A SHED!
Sony first remastered old games now it's chucking old ps3 games to rent. Jesus, I could count on one hand the number of decent games that have come out for the ps4. Shocking the lack of new original ps4 only games there are.

Listerine & Poledo
If there's no campaign then that's completely retarded.
In fairness, a storyline in campaign will, also, be retarded.
So why bother wasting dev time on a game mode that ill probably be 2% of the players' experience.

Personally, the PS4 is dead until November

Listerine & Poledo
No Tekken
No Soul Calibur
No Streetfighter
No Gran Turismo

WTF are you pissing about for Namco / Capcom / Polyphony

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Anyone else experienced their ps4 randomly switching on and ejecting the disc?
I've searched online and it's quite common?
Need to send it off whilst it's still under warranty

It's my second ps4 now

Clio 182 - RB
Anyone else experienced their ps4 randomly switching on and ejecting the disc?
I've searched online and it's quite common?
Need to send it off whilst it's still under warranty

It's my second ps4 now
This happened to me, you'll need to send it off specially as you've still got warrantee.. It is quite common!

A SHED!
There's a seven day free trial of PlayStation now available. Just been having a crack at killzone 3, last of us, dead island etc. Not bad. Not worth £12.99 a month but for 7 days of free gaming. Mehr

A SHED!
What's kill zone like?
kz3 that's available on ps now was ok. Kz2 was amazing on ps3. Clan system and multiplayer made it for me one of the best games I ever played. Kz3 was still good but they ruined it abit trying g emulate cod. Kz4 on ps4 was a hashed together piece of s**t trying to copy bf4/cod.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Mmm okay cheers. Was looking at trying a different game. Anything else you recommend thats sort of similar?