ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PlayStation 4 Thread.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Depending on when she falls asleep I may have a session on gtav but I am hankering after a go on shadows of mordor

Two 0 Shitx
Guys why is my PS4 wifi connection so slow? Sat here on my phone next to the ps4 and i get 13mb/s and at some points im getting over 30 on it, yet the ps4 was at 0.6mb/s changed the dns to a google one i found after googling the problem but its still only 400kb/s on the test! Any ideas?

Because PSN is heavily throttled. I've never seen it come close to maxing out my connection speeds.

It's almost like your downloads are determined by time, not size. So it takes four hours to download a theme, and four hours to download a 20GB game. Always been the same for me and everyone I know, but someone will tell you theirs downloads at 152Mb and that PSN is flawless.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Random one, thinking of getting a PS3 as well as my PS4, can I use the PSN+ Account from my ps4 on the ps3 aswell?

A SHED!
Downloads on psn literally take no time at all for me. I think overall though that there are a distinct lack of good games out. Especially when there's bloody remastered versions of every sodding ps3 game. Sleeping dogs, last of us, gta 5, tomb raider etc

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've only had my ps4 in Germany, and they've only just heard of the internet so takes ages to download anything anyway.

Golf R32
Anyone experienced problems with the analogue sticks but not the usual wearing of the pads ?

I got Far Cry for Xmas and despite the fact I haven't really used the ps4 much the left analogue stick is playing up so much so I've had to buy another pad as my current one makes it massively frustrating.

Can hold the stick forward and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and if you press it to sprint it sometimes stops in game movement altogether. There no play in the stick, no noticible unusual clicking or anything, in game it just seems to be reluctant to do anything

A SHED!
Oh downloading a full digital game. I thought we were talking about when you first put the disc in and it installs with updates etc. I wouldn't download a full digital game anyway. I'd just go out and buy it.

WTF? I don't even know where to start with that.

In conclusion, PSN is heavily throttled, and some people either don't know or don't care. It's hardly the end of the world, but it is true nevertheless. It doesn't even come close to utilising the bandwidth of fast connections.

DCi
When you say heavily throttled, I'm pretty sure I'm getting the maximum out of my 50mb line. As in a game take between 2-3 hours which seems right for 50gb.

But dont let that get in the way of anything here. In fact just move on.

To varying degrees of success. Often you can't play for more than ten minutes before having to wait while it continues to download, so whilst nice, it's hardly the wonder-feature that many like to pretend it is. But no, you're right, it isn't really a problem. However, it is throttled. Anyone is free to disagree, but they're wrong.

If PSN utilised even 50% of my connection, the experience would be much nicer. But then I download most of my games, so I'm affected more than most. I will also add that I roll 152mb, so I'm accustomed to very fast speeds. Expect on my PS3/4.

Golf R/Leon FR
Have to agree with Roy, the download speeds are awful from PSN. BF4 premium took 14 hours to download everything! That's with pretty good internet.

Clio 182
When you say heavily throttled, I'm pretty sure I'm getting the maximum out of my 50mb line. As in a game take between 2-3 hours which seems right for 50gb.

But dont let that get in the way of anything here. In fact just move on.
2-3 hours... that would take me 3 days lol

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Late to the party, but just ordered a PS4, right at the time the deals have dried up and the Xbox One is going mega cheap - had to be PS this time round for me though, the big name games on Xbox all seem to be 1st person shooters, I'm bored of COD, GoW etc, looking forward to the Indie stuff on PS, and PS TV looks very useful? Anyone else use it?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Mehta deal did you go for mate? There was one on HotUkdeals with rakuten but the websites pish and wouldn't checkout the order :(

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Mehta deal did you go for mate? There was one on HotUkdeals with rakuten but the websites pish and wouldn't checkout the order 😧
I got the deal through Rakuten (ShopTo) - It's PS4, Last of Us Remastered, Little Big Planet 3, Watch Dogs & DriveClub for £400, but there was a Rakuten code, which gave me 10% off, so £360. Was by far the best I've found since Christmas.

But they don't have LoUR in stock at the moment, so it's on back order until they get it in.

Most other places the console alone is £330, or with a choice of game I didn't want, like FIFA 15, or COD. I wanted DriveClub and LoUR, Watch Dogs looks good, LB3 isn't what I'd of gone for out of choice, but it's different and I may end up liking it.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ye they had that 10% off deal, console was 319 and went down to 287. But wouldn't let me check out
Was weird. I'll keep looking though

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Do people on here use the US PSN loophole to download the cheaper US games? I've got a guide on how to do it, and right now all the old GTA and Resident Evil games are available dirt cheap, would love the first three Resi games. Much of a risk?