ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trophy dampers

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
i emailed cornering force and the told me the suspension had been refurbised in march 2013 but its starting to feel bumpy again.

how long should you the suspension last after a refurbished?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im guessing a good few years.
Mines has been on my car since new and are still solid.

Im sure @TonkaTruck had issues with his at first, This is why i have went direct to BG and spent close on £900 as i wanted them perfect.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Is it age-related or does it depend on how many miles they cover since having been refurbed? Do the conditions the car is driven in have any impact (salty wintry roads, for example)? What about the suspension configuration, might that also affect the longevity? So many variables...

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
I got mine refurbished by Cornering Force in November 2013, covered 6k miles and they started leaking out of both dampers, at the shaft seals a year later.

15424049458_b7a3f00846_z.jpg

Simon took them back, tested them and refurbished them FOC. Fingers crossed this last a little longer this time, or it's time for a full make-over.

As a extra pre-caution, I have ordered some Twingo R1 dust covers for the extra added protection this time.
Check a post from @MarcR showing the R1 dust covers fitted to the Sachs by BG.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
I went down and reset mines to 20 clicks and for the winter it's actually good. Gonna mess about with it and see what happens. Mabe send them away. Got a feeling they are leaking.