ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbocharger or Supercharger??

Renaultsport Clio 172
So, what would be the safe bhp to get from the supercharger without changing internals?

Lets say just very usual bolt-on mods plus the super?????

Will the car be good?

White Evo V
2.5k fitted and mapped? that sounds too cheap to me lol

It didnt say anywhere in my post about it being £2500 people!! the only words with 2, 5 and 0 was the 250bhp!

Paul has now stated what the price of the conversion will be in this thread. I am definatly going for it, I have been sat at home all night reading up and thinking about it! I cant believe I was even contemplating the turbo over the supercharger!!!

Paul - Get on the case! Get this bracket sorted, I cant wait!! lol :race:

106 GTI
It didnt say anywhere in my post about it being £2500 people!! the only words with 2, 5 and 0 was the 250bhp!

Paul has now stated what the price of the conversion will be in this thread. I am definatly going for it, I have been sat at home all night reading up and thinking about it! I cant believe I was even contemplating the turbo over the supercharger!!!

Paul - Get on the case! Get this bracket sorted, I cant wait!! lol :race:

K-tec's low boost turbo is being offered at £2500 + VAT thats where the price came from...

White Evo V
K-tec's low boost turbo is being offered at £2500 + VAT thats where the price came from...

Oh sorry, I got confused! Yeah they do offer it at that if you want to fit it yourself!!!

K-tecs low pressure turbo conversion is £3220 fitted which will work out a similar price to the supercharger from RS and you get approx 40 more horses with the charger, alot better sound, smoother and more progressive power and better parts such as a forge intercooler etc.... You cant go wrong!!

White Evo V
So, what would be the safe bhp to get from the supercharger without changing internals?

Lets say just very usual bolt-on mods plus the super?????

Will the car be good?

Paul will be doing mine at 250bhp (approx) and he told me this 'should' be safe on stock internals.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
well we know that a std box will take 280 bhp...

std clutch will take 220 lb ft... (not sure for how long)

2005 Nissan Navara
What torque was with the 280bhp though?

It depends on maintenance and use. They definately arent the best boxes in the world.

If you still have the original renault oil, or slam every gear change, you will eventually get problems.
If you do alot of SQM you will eventually get problems.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
well if that clutch was taking 220lbft

then 180 on a stock clutch for mine sould be reet no? lol

2005 Nissan Navara
it'll be fine.

Ive run std (std 172, NOT the smaller F7P) clutches on NA cars making good power/torque. One NA mk1 is making 249bhp and 209lb.ft and its fine. Though it has recently blown the 'box at Pod!!

2005 Nissan Navara
lb.ft.

2064cc.
big valve head, 45mm throttle bodies, uprated valve-train, steel bottom end etc etc etc

The 2000cc f7r sodemo "maxi" engines were about 190-195lb.ft and 270-ish bhp with similar overall engine spec, but "wilder" cams.

White Evo V
any news about whether you`re going ahead with this ben?? i`m currently saving like mad for this!!

Hi mate, Yes I am going ahead with this. I am just waiting for paul to go to angelworks so they can make another bracket. Hopefully it will be sometime next week when its started, Im dropping the money off to paul on thursday or friday so he can order the parts etc....

TVR Cerbera
well we know that a std box will take 280 bhp...

std clutch will take 220 lb ft... (not sure for how long)

well if that clutch was taking 220lbft

then 180 on a stock clutch for mine sould be reet no? lol

it'll be fine.

Ive run std (std 172, NOT the smaller F7P) clutches on NA cars making good power/torque. One NA mk1 is making 249bhp and 209lb.ft and its fine. Though it has recently blown the 'box at Pod!!

mmmm, up to you if you run a std clutch, as it won't take much more than standard torque, mine was ruined with only 177 ftlbs.
The uprated organic clutch is only rated to 170 ftlbs and my paddle 212 ftlbs! so running more than 220 on a standard clutch is a big risk imho

BLACK GOLD 182
Nissan-Supercharger-600.jpg

photoshop anyone?

how do they get engine stickin out of the front i love american muscle cars and locve the charegr on fast and furious......info about this would be great, pm me

what figures you looking for/expecting? and whats final costing?
paul at rs tuning is doing it for me looking at about 250bhp although he showed me some results on a graph that showed about 275bhp from what i remember not sure about total cost cos im having one or two other bits done aswell

LY 182
thats not the engine sticking out the bonnet lol thats the supercharger and its out the bonnet because its a v8 so that sits between the v and dosn't fit hence the hole