ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbocharger or Supercharger??

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Nice one Jon ;)

Short vid i found of our car at FCS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=351dUEbptFI

No worries Dave, just pointing out I have never seen your SC'd car and only know of two road going ones that can be bought as a kit.

Cant see vids at work, youtube is blocked, I'll have a ganders later though. I've seen plenty of other vids, my favorite one being a Clio level pegging a 450bhp Maserati Gransport Cambiasso 4200GT from standing to silly speeds lol

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
The below is mainly curiousity so please feel free to ignore if you wish. :D

Does anyone have a graph for a forced induction clio (I have read through the thread, but pictures don't appear on my work PC)?

I searched through which graphs I could find when I first joined to see where people were getting peak power, but I can't remember seeing a forced induction graph.

I have seen a couple of supercharged proton's (all I have to go off) and they seem to run out of 'puff' sooner than the turbo, would the s/c make the most of the engine? I assume that it would just need a s/c suited to the engine, or would that be s/c and ECU map suited to the engine?

My low compression proton boosts from about 2400-2600rpm (I think) and hit's peak power at 6300-6500 rpm, would that not suit the Clio engine? I would love a Mivec head so I could make the most out of the power on the proton and it would help with the car running a little rich at the top end.

Just wondering where the s/c and tubo hit peak power and also how the power is delivered through the rest of the rev range.

Last edited:

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Yes, let me go through all the invoices and i'll have the actual drive in drive out price.

RS RIP
would also love to see this finished. Supercharger - superfriendly powerdelivery not killing the gearbox instantly

btw ; what ever happened to Icarus's new intake manifoild !? (sorry for the hijack)

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
I think it depends how you want the power
delivery and how much u want.

If I were u I'd ask for a few passenger rides in
turbo/sc clios.
Give k-Tec/Gdi a call?

ITB'd MK1
The below is mainly curiousity so please feel free to ignore if you wish. :D

Does anyone have a graph for a forced induction clio (I have read through the thread, but pictures don't appear on my work PC)?

I searched through which graphs I could find when I first joined to see where people were getting peak power, but I can't remember seeing a forced induction graph.

I have seen a couple of supercharged proton's (all I have to go off) and they seem to run out of 'puff' sooner than the turbo, would the s/c make the most of the engine? I assume that it would just need a s/c suited to the engine, or would that be s/c and ECU map suited to the engine?

My low compression proton boosts from about 2400-2600rpm (I think) and hit's peak power at 6300-6500 rpm, would that not suit the Clio engine? I would love a Mivec head so I could make the most out of the power on the proton and it would help with the car running a little rich at the top end.

Just wondering where the s/c and tubo hit peak power and also how the power is delivered through the rest of the rev range.
sounds like you've seen cars with Eaton blowers fitted. Rotrex superchargers behave very differently

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Wow. Didnt realise the supercharged clio was putting out nearly 330bhp.

Has the car had just cams and a charger (and assosiated gubbins eg intercooler) fitted or is there more to it?

If i bought my near standard 182 in what figures approx would i be looking at and for how much? Would i also loose my aircon?

Ph1
Do you know what has been done to the rs tuning demo car to get such high figures?

Search his thread mate in projects. Theres tonnes of detailed info on it. Also mag feature in PGTI.

Forget headline bhp figures too. I was taken a spin in it running 270 brake on stock internals iirc and words can not express just how quick the thing was :eek::cool:

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Ive just been looking at the ktec low pressure turbo conversion. £3k - 230bhp.

I would imagine that in itself is a quick car. More mid range punch, more overall punch. hmmmmm very tempted for that sort of cash.

Ph1
Ive just been looking at the ktec low pressure turbo conversion. £3k - 230bhp.

I would imagine that in itself is a quick car. More mid range punch, more overall punch. hmmmmm very tempted for that sort of cash.

Might be wrong but sure the Supercharger conversion is 4k area?

Read mixed reviews on the low pressure turbo.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
So the SC conversion is £3500 for approx 260bhp?

Thats increadibly cheap for the Research and development that will have gone into this kit. My only bug bear is loosing my ac as tbh...i love my ac.

So the SC conversion is £3500 for approx 260bhp?

Thats increadibly cheap for the Research and development that will have gone into this kit. My only bug bear is loosing my ac as tbh...i love my ac.
you`d have to speak to paul at rs tuning for the full price as i`m having a few other bits done aswell

182 cup
before people get too exited and start spending moneys please be aware that a SC kit hasn't bee seen yet.

no disrespect to paul or ben but the reality is there is no commercial SC kit available yet.

this may go against the eventual supply of said kit to me but i've been waiting ages and as yet no kit has been seen on any of paul/ben customers, i'm in aus so as it stands i have no chance of seeing anything.

peter

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
I will be investing in a supercharger kit this time next year if the kits prove themselves.

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable doing the conversion yet as there are quite a few unknowns with regards to how it will effect the cars 'long term' even though GDI seem to be leading the way with successful testing.

182 cup
I will be investing in a supercharger kit this time next year if the kits prove themselves.

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable doing the conversion yet as there are quite a few unknowns with regards to how it will effect the cars 'long term' even though GDI seem to be leading the way with successful testing.

regardless of proven or unproven affects on engines you will shorten the life of you engine.

you don't put a supercharger on your engine and drive it like a granny.

peter

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
regardless of proven or unproven affects on engines you will shorten the life of you engine.

you don't put a supercharger on your engine and drive it like a granny.

peter

No doubt it will shorten the life of the engine, but we don't know by how much. Hence why I said I was going to wait to see how people get on with the kits.

i probably wouldn't drive much quicker day to day with the kit installed, would save it for the track TBH.

182 cup
i probably wouldn't drive much quicker day to day with the kit installed, would save it for the track TBH.

the chances of that happening is zero!!

i can't speak for you but if the torque/power is there then i'll use it regardless of where i am.

peter