ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbocharger or Supercharger??

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Of course it is relevant, different company. Also i didnt realise you have paid anything. Then again i wouldnt because it's nothing to do with me.

Ask yourself who did the pipe run, who did the oil cooler, who fitted the kit and who mapped it.

182 cup
Of course it is relevant, different company. Also i didnt realise you have paid anything. Then again i wouldnt because it's nothing to do with me.

Ask yourself who did the pipe run, who did the oil cooler, who fitted the kit and who mapped it.

like said in previous post, i'll keep the peace until the end of june.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Peter, i really have no clue what you are getting at (with me anyway) because the only dealings we have had are a few phone calls for updates on our car. Can't see why "you'll keep the peach until the end of June" As said before, this has nothing to do with us so i would appreciate it if you kept the sarcastic comments to yourself.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
You are trying to link two companies together, i am pointing out the fact that it's not the same project, it's using the same bracket.

Not sure where you want this to go really, i have take no money from you so your comments are out of order. Take your problem up with the company direct and don't bring me into this.

2005 Nissan Navara
mmmm, up to you if you run a std clutch, as it won't take much more than standard torque, mine was ruined with only 177 ftlbs.
The uprated organic clutch is only rated to 170 ftlbs and my paddle 212 ftlbs! so running more than 220 on a standard clutch is a big risk imho

The cases im talking about have been fine.
I guess it depends alot on different manufacturers, I use Luk for "std" fit. The 210lb.ft unit is now having a helix paddle, as he is fitting a rebuilt box with lsd due to a diff failure at pod.

Its intresting to note Helix have told me their paddle clutch, whilst rated to low 200 lb.ft, will be ok for a 300lb.ft turbocharged F7 im building. They're logic was its not continously at 300lb.ft. Makes sense i guess, we'll see lol

182 cup
You are trying to link two companies together, i am pointing out the fact that it's not the same project, it's using the same bracket.

Not sure where you want this to go really, i have take no money from you so your comments are out of order. Take your problem up with the company direct and don't bring me into this.

i am fully aware of the fact that it's 2 companies supposedly working together with a common goal i.e. supercharger kit

the only place i want this to go is with a SC kit on my car!!!!

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
So no need for the comments when quoting my customers!

Anyway, last conversation we had was that you were getting the charger and everything else locally?

182 cup
So no need for the comments when quoting my customers!

Anyway, last conversation we had was that you were getting the charger and everything else locally?

the last conversation we had was! i have a rotrex c30 and will be getting motec. the rest of the hardware will be supplied by the company/companies developing the SC kit.

D'HO! i said i wasn't going to get drawn into this.

182 cup
it's gone very quiet on the supercharge front, has anyone from the ben/paul camp had theirs fitted yet, in fact has anyone had one fitted apart from the demo cars.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
First one should be done next week. Depending on delivery today of the brackets and rad/cooler. (It took longer as the front end was re-designed in alloy)

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Did it have a ? after it? No. You know full well our car was the first SC'd one to appear last year. We are also the only ones who have pushed the limits of the engine to see how far it will go. Also the only ones prepared to try different build's for the higher output forged engine. Not once have we pulled some Wossner pistons off the shelf and stuck a set in and said that will do!

53 Clio's & counting
Did it have a ? after it? No. You know full well our car was the first SC'd one to appear last year. We are also the only ones who have pushed the limits of the engine to see how far it will go. Also the only ones prepared to try different build's for the higher output forged engine. Not once have we pulled some Wossner pistons off the shelf and stuck a set in and said that will do!

I believe yours is the only one to run on std ecu too fella?

53 Clio's & counting
^^ Yes that's correct :)

Taking out all the bickering ( that wasn't intednded at anyone, just in general) i think its brilliant that you can do that fella, i mean given the fact how far you pushed it before it let go, that what it will be like once you have finished ( as im asuming its not going back to a standard spec lol) and all with still using what Renault gave us, i think thats fantasic, given the expense of how much aftermarket management can end up costing-really shows you know your stuff. Out of interest, whats the cost difference? I mean between the cost of buying,fitting and mapping an aftermarket management system, compared to you remapping the std ecu?

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Taking out all the bickering ( that wasn't intednded at anyone, just in general) i think its brilliant that you can do that fella, i mean given the fact how far you pushed it before it let go, that what it will be like once you have finished ( as im asuming its not going back to a standard spec lol) and all with still using what Renault gave us, i think thats fantasic, given the expense of how much aftermarket management can end up costing-really shows you know your stuff. Out of interest, whats the cost difference? I mean between the cost of buying,fitting and mapping an aftermarket management system, compared to you remapping the std ecu?

It will be far from standard :) Even probably going with a dry sump kit too.

In theory mapping them on the stock ECU can save you about a grand which in the current climate is not to be sniffed at. Of course some people can't seem to bear the fact this is possible and feel they need to say it's crap but hey ho!

53 Clio's & counting
Fair enough fella, why don't you get hold of PFC and get a feature write up on remapping stock ecu's? That would give alot more info to alot of people, il admit before i saw your posts on here i never realised that it could be done, and now i know it can i will be having that done over fitting an aftermarket ecu (imo of course)

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels

Sorry, never seen it, dont read car mags and I wasn't at FCS sadly. Only seen video's of the two other charged cars going round the track, but please, dont let me stop you blowing smoke up your own backside ;)

FYI I never said anything is crap :S please dont put words in my mouth thanks. This thread isn't about ECU's anyway, I'm capable of doing my own research on that and no offense intended, but you're perspective is somewhat biased to say the least.

53 Clio's & counting
Would be a good idea mate, just to spread the word as it was :)

Out of interest how much is a remap?

And back on subject what do you prefere, im guessing SC? lol

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Sorry, never seen it, dont read car mags and I wasn't at FCS sadly. Only seen video's of the two other charged cars going round the track, but please, dont let me stop you blowing smoke up your own backside ;)

FYI I never said anything is crap :S please dont put words in my mouth thanks. This thread isn't about ECU's anyway, I'm capable of doing my own research on that and no offense intended, but you're perspective is somewhat biased to say the least.

Nice one Jon ;)

Short vid i found of our car at FCS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=351dUEbptFI

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Would be a good idea mate, just to spread the word as it was :)

Out of interest how much is a remap?

And back on subject what do you prefere, im guessing SC? lol

Remap depends on the car and the mods really. From £295 on a basic NA.

I personally prefer SC on the smaller car but that's a personal preference.