ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***Tyre Poll***

what do you use/recommend and why?

• toyo proxies

Votes: 627 25.1%
  • eagle F1 gsd's

Votes: 390 15.6%
  • bridgestone potenza re720

Votes: 45 1.8%
  • dunlop sp sport

Votes: 44 1.8%
  • michelin pilot exalto

Votes: 809 32.3%
  • yoko A539's

Votes: 108 4.3%
  • kumho ecsta 712

Votes: 53 2.1%
  • other please state...

Votes: 426 17.0%

• Total voters

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
16vClio said:
PE2's are for girls who belive all the hype that reno spout about them, Goodyear Eagle F1's are for men who like to drive their cars, also A539's aint too bad either!

Is that a quote from the muppets ??

Poll clearly show the PE2 is the best all round tyre for the road.

ST
EVOgone said:
Is that a quote from the muppets ??

Poll clearly show the PE2 is the best all round tyre for the road.

Comedian here folks!

The poll doesn't mean nothing....i had michy pilot sport premecy, one of michellins top of the range tyres above the PE2's and they were pretty much shocking, noisey crap in the wet....under steer was the name of the game...

Why follow the pack mate.......'think outside the box' ;)

EvoGone,

I would love to know how many people [apart from you and I] who have tried the PE's on any other car apart from the 182, OR, how many have tried another tyre on the 182 etc.

not really conclusive to be honest.

LOL

/y0z (bump the A539 ;-) )

Recaro Black Gold 182
Im goin to have to say Goodyear Eagle F1's, i haven't got bags of experience when it comes to tires but wen i got my car it had Avon ZV3's on then i invested in sum F1's and the difference was incredible.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
16vClio said:
Comedian here folks!

The poll doesn't mean nothing....i had michy pilot sport premecy, one of michellins top of the range tyres above the PE2's and they were pretty much shocking, noisey crap in the wet....under steer was the name of the game...

Primacy are not sport orientated tyres (expensive but for mpg and low road noise), so im sure you would be disapointed. The sports range is the PE2 and the PS2 (which are even better but are only 17" plus).

PE2 at the right pressure are the best tyre for the road.

I have tried:-

172 cup

Conti sport 1 - Average
A539s - Shock in particular the the wet.
GSD 3 - Excellent in the wet - average in the dry
PE2 - Excellent wet or dry

On my EVO

PilotSport 2 (PS2) Excellent wet and dry.
Pilot Sport 1 (PS1) Average wet and dry.
Bridgestone SO1 Very Good
Bridgestone SO3 Very Good
Toyo T1S - average but cheep

For me the top tyres has been michelin both times but the tyre pressure must be right or they feel average. I can tell on the clio when the tyres have dropped to 30 psi, the clio needs to be at around 34fr 31r.

Hope this helps.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Hankook K102 15" on mine, grip well in the wet and dry.

gets quite funny if dads been driving my car and then drives my mums clio with cheapo marshall tyres on it and he throws it into a corner, understeer into the kerb lol

tiTTy & SV650
16vClio said:
Comedian here folks!

primacy are not sports tyres, pilots are aimed at more enthusiastic driving. I used pilol exaltos on my 205gti and loved em and will stick with PE2's on my 182 and drive a lot harder than you sonny, thankyou please.

193 mk2
you lot should try vredestein ultrac!!! these are amazing tyres, in my opinion defo a contender!!!

Williams20V-306BHP
yoko A539's !!! you having a laugh... they suck in the wet!!

Toyo's are a bargin. £35 each on E-bay!!
P6000 are good

i've also got Yoko Advan's for the track!!! they rock... lol

J

JACKO CUP 172!

i use contisports have not had any probs with them. seem to stick to the road well.

iv got those kumho ones, they came with the alloys... just wondered if anyones got any opinions on these?? i wish i could get pirreli corsas for mine :)

this poll shows nothing as PE2's are standard on the 182 so the majority of 182 owners will vote for the pe2
it might be a good road tyre but its crap on track.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
GuyS said:
this poll shows nothing as PE2's are standard on the 182 so the majority of 182 owners will vote for the pe2
it might be a good road tyre but its crap on track.

No not really.

Good enough to get a 172 cup around the Ring in 8.44.....

Fabia vRS
Pirelli p 700 z's, on my car they are 185/55 R14. They are relativley inexpensive and are soft enough for good grip in the greasy road times of the year. They have a nice cntre rain channel for stable driving in water.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
so my PE2's are almost ready for being binned, but what should i get next? I would like a change and i need all four done, but i don't want to spend 85 quid a corner for PE2's when it looks like Toyo's are popular and good value...

your thoughts please?

ta

seb

inferno rs 182
had contis sport 2's on my pug and couldnt argue with them. my 182 came with exalto's but to be honest didnt really have them on long enough to judge them. no runnin gs d3's and a cant fault the one bit. might sound a bit lame but i luv the look of the tread too

C

Cupster

I had nangkangs on my old cup (Jist so I could p/x it with VW) and were actually quite good!?!? Mind you, they were very dodgy in the wet, didnt do the cup any favours!!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
cheers for the replies, what are the full names for these tyres? is it continentals and yokohoma? whats the parada?

contis sport 2
parada
yoko c drive

cheers guys.

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
i used pilots on my BM, were just right, but not sure about the clio, it has alright lookin ones on, but nothing special, and the owner put 185's on!! would like 205s to fatten it up a bit, but 195s will do.

K

KEENY

seb182 said:
what do you use/recommend and why?

Requsted by Ben j

toyo r888 cut slicks but road leagal dont last to long depending on driving and set up of car but awesome tyre and they are not that bad in the wet and not that expensive either. come in 195/50/16 toyo.co.uk look on motorsport choose for tyre have all the sizes.

seb182 said:
cheers for the replies, what are the full names for these tyres? is it continentals and yokohoma? whats the parada?

contis sport 2
parada
yoko c drive

cheers guys.

Yokohama Parada Spec-2:

2005-12-04_002.jpg

2005-12-24_007.jpg

havent pushed them yet as its winter.

ditched the PE2's for them though as i didnt think they were up to much

i believe andy_gdi rates them, has them on his demo car.

artic blue 182 Cup
Guys, they look neat...

don't u feel ANY difference from PE2?... any at all...doesn't mind u haven't given them a proper run...

mind the english, I'm a spanish lad looking for new tires 4 my artic blue 182:rolleyes:

YoShImUrA said:
Guys, they look neat...

don't u feel ANY difference from PE2?... any at all...doesn't mind u haven't given them a proper run...

mind the english, I'm a spanish lad looking for new tires 4 my artic blue 182:rolleyes:

im not pushing it on english roads in this weather! when i get it on track next year i'll give an opinion as the PE2's just squeeled sliding round every corner.

theyre less noisy when driving though!

Mint Clio Valver!
toyos, plenty o grip and they let you know when they're about to give in at the back, eagle's grip and grip and then just let go, good way to give your clio to a hedge!

Last edited:
well got the Toyo Cf1's on my alfa 156 absolutely amazing grip in the wet or dry compaired to the old conti sports and thinking of fitting some T1r's when my project is finished