ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

unphotogenic 200!

GW 200
don't you think that the 200 front end looks uglier in photos than in reality?
I think the car looks fantastic from the front, but it's very easy for it to look not so much so in most photos, especially from ~45 degree angel...

Last edited:
  GW 200 Gone :( BG182
I think the car looks fantastic from the front, but it's very easy for it to look not so much so in most photos, especially from ~45 dgree angel...

Think like you said it depends on the angle, it also looks twice as bad if it's parked next to a 1*2 :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I think the car looks fantastic from the front, but it's very easy for it to look not so much so in most photos, especially from ~45 degree angel...

I think on the black cars, it's not so obvious. Most of the components on the front end blend well together, imo.

D.

Clio 1970000000
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....we al took a vote....and all thought it's ugly!!!!

Actually, as I have said before the 200 front end is growing on me.

200 front end has seriously grown on me since I got mine. I dont think it looks 'that' bad now.

5773165508_a1e60bd7e0_z.jpg

29/5/11 Post Detail Shoot by Harpham y0, on Flickr

I haven't actually seen one in the flesh but from photos I'd say the 197 front is better.

Imo most of the new hot hatches are ugly, I doubt the new RS Clio will look any better either.

Merc
I haven't actually seen one in the flesh

Pop into Gib one day and I'll show you mine. You'll fall in love ;)

I also thought the 200 front end was not a looker, but as mentioned, in the flesh it's another story. But hey as I always say, the 'taste book' remains unwritten.

The 197 looks older because you know it's older. It also looks infinitely better and doesn't come with Halfords wheels.

@GrumpyTwig: Slightly off topic but is clio197.net back up? I can't access it from work for some reason.

Yup should be, few have had DNS issues but should be ok now.

For reference:

Haven't got a head on shot of a 182 but never had issues with taking photos of 200s that make them look just as good as in RL.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
I would agree that in RL the 200 just generally looks much nicer than in pictures, 3D suits it better than 2D :D

GW 200
@ Steve: True bout the contrast, but see?... even ur pic proves my point... the front part of it in the pic does not look as good as in RL! looks like a frog face!! :banghead:

Last edited:
  Turbo LY R27
^^100% yes! I think the 200 needs to be slammed on its arse with a cup spoiler to look its best. Same with the 197 tbf but even more the 200 for me.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Still look like they have downs.

They look OK on the road, saw one on the opposite carriageway the other day. The 197 seems to have more girth, think as the lines flow into the bumper it helps give that impression. 'That join' still gets me though on the 200, w**k

Last edited: