ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

West Mids CSS attendance and convoy thread - Sat 22nd June

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
well thats a whole different story!
does anyone know how many cars are meeting at corley now????

Don't worry mate. Basically...once people confirm that they are setting off from there, will swap numbers over so we can check that they are on their way. I've said 08:45 as once this time has passed...we will leave. I'm giving a 15 minute window so that once we get to the time, we can leave. Saves people turning up and whinging as we've gone.

Worst case scenario...if someone gets to Corley (SOUTH) and notices a distinct lack of Clios at 08:50...then head down M6 and they should catch us as I will be doing steady run down to Duxford. :)
Dave, you have to get them to take a better picture of you this year...http://cliosportsaturday.net/?page_id=13 (picture 17...can see the back of your head!)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Something like this you mean?

attachment.php

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
I have a car kit thing so am happy for people to have my number too and call if they're running late/lost/stuck wheelspinning in a field full of bulls

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
meeting outside here??????

Was just about to put this up myself. That's the plan.

Not outside the one on the Bilston Road though as they're muppets, wanted my car for a couple days to inspect my shocks which is a 2 min job.
​When I told them I couldn't do without my car for a couple days they said no problem a courtesey car is £20 a day...it'd be cheaper to buy the shocks! lol

Clio 172
Should hopefully get the clio in a drive-able condition and through an mot if not I'll have to take the coupe

1. Don
2. Mandy (Maybe)
3. DaveDreads
4. Addicted
5. Adam Bond
6. HMS Derv Destroyer
7. Cazzy
8. Mr. Bean
9. Matthew
​10. alexr19
11. cswalmsley
12. Dan@M.A.D (Maybe)
13. Tom C
​14. TomGarvie
15. Lee P
16. Renault Wolverhampton (please dont leave without me as i'll be in a different car!!!)
17. Matt W
18. nick's
19. r0ss172
20. Banther
21. Ryanj
22. Dolan ( hoping to join from northwest)
22. Ruhani

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Guys

I was thinking of going down to CSS but have never done anything like this before and I don't know anybody off here at all.

Not sure if I can tag along, normally I am only a Sunday driver and don't get out on busy roads, but maybe I could be a 'back marker' (I think you call it) or something?

I need to know if there would be much swearing or bad language as I would like to bring my wife along too, just in case there isn't anybody else in my age group (60+) to talk to? You see she spent here first 23 years in a convent, 'though she has had a little more life experience now but is not into cars at all so I'm not sure this will be for her? there were a few comments in this thread about unnatural acts and so on which worry me!

Having said that, I would really like to get to CSS - it's a long way for an old fart like me to drive - Coreley Services sounds a long way and that's just the starting point, but would like to give the Clio a run out?

One last question, the picture above of the guy with the bottle - is that typical of Clio R/S drivers - I just need to know if I should dress casual or what.

Cheers, Col
l

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
FLOL, it's typical behaviour for me.

There will more than likely be swearing, but I will certainly try not to swear in front of your wife if it upsets her,
however I can't vouch for anyone else.

CS members are as diverse as the UK is, it's not a formal affair but if want to dress smart you can if you want,
​but generally we're all casual mate.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Dress code is as you see fit. Its definitely not a shirt and tie affair...I wear those during my working week. Some members will swear (similar to normal life), but I'm sure that most will respect you and how you feel about it as we do sometimes get people bringing their kids along (my lad is now 19...so not too bad, but I still respect others).

At the end of the day, it happens one day of the year and while most people will either know others socially, or as name on the forum, we all attended our first meet at some point.

Hope that helps :)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
You'd should definitely come. I know a lot of members were touched by your story and the fact you're keeping the clio going in memory of your boy, they would love to see the car.
Dave (in the pic) is just Dave.
Mum sure most members certainly from our region will see your post and while we do swear from time to time we will try our best to respect you and your wife. It's a big event with many groups of people talking so if one lot do happen to swear a fair bit there's plenty of other people to talk to.
Age isn't a concern, think Don has received 3 birthday cards from the queen now :p

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Absolutely come.

The members I have met on here are there for the same thing, to simply enjoy the cars and the camaraderie. I certainly wouldn't be taking part if this was going to be a race down to Duxford.

I am sure once you meet people you will quickly realise we aren't so bad :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
You have to come, im sure your son would have loved to have his car among others at a big event like this.

Adam what is the plan??????

Obcuz you and the wife must attend its a great day and all us from the midlands are a great bunch.

Shame i cannot make it.

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Hey guys, thank for the comments and sentiments.

Well, my wife says she is up for it! so will be seeing you @CSS

Forgive, I probably laid it on a bit thick in that previous post but to show that despite what happened, we still have a bit of humour left.
We have no problem at all with young people unlike some grumpy old gits, so you have absolutely no need to walk on cornflakes, DEFINATE!

Starting to look forward to this, if all else fails, I can have a look around the IWM and 'talk about the war' (ha ha)

Will be coming from the Sedgley (Dudley) area - I think that should be about 30-40 min from Corley?

P.S. You should spot us OK, we'll be the ones in the Clio!

-Col

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Glad you and your wife are coming, CSS is a good day out and this year we get to look at cool planes,
last year there were loads of families with small children, so it is quite a civilised affair in all honesty.

Superleggera'd MK3
1. Don
2. Mandy (Maybe)
3. DaveDreads
4. Addicted
5. Adam Bond
6. HMS Derv Destroyer
7. Cazzy
8. Mr. Bean
9. Matthew
​10. alexr19
11. cswalmsley
12. Dan@M.A.D (Maybe)
13. Tom C
​14. TomGarvie
15. Lee P
16. Renault Wolverhampton (please dont leave without me as i'll be in a different car!!!)
17. Matt W
18. nick's
19. r0ss172
20. Banther
21. Ryanj
22. Dolan ( hoping to join from northwest)
22. Ruhani
23. Ksykes23
24. Kiefer23

Looking forward to this, seem to have a decent amount of people :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Are you guys meeting the east mids/yorkshire convoy?

No mate...as too many meeting points causes hassle. If we are delayed, it knock the East Mids guys and gals out as well. If they want to tag along and are waiting on A14...then we have no issues, just dont want to have too many meeting points as it can make things very, very messy.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
No mate...as too many meeting points causes hassle. If we are delayed, it knock the East Mids guys and gals out as well. If they want to tag along and are waiting on A14...then we have no issues, just dont want to have too many meeting points as it can make things very, very messy.

I hear ya. and thats fair enough. I was just looking at the route and wondered if you would be joining our convoy as it seemed to pass our final stop.