ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Clio 182
Today given her a needed wash and wax
IMG_1453.JPG
IMG_1467.JPG
IMG_1469.JPG
IMG_1466.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1459.JPG
    IMG_1459.JPG
    294 KB · Views: 69
  Monaco 172
Rear wiper wasnt working, could hear the motor, on further inspection the nut on the wiper spindle was finger tight! nipped that up happy days it works again
So i washed it and put it back in the garage haha.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Rear wiper wasnt working, could hear the motor, on further inspection the nut on the wiper spindle was finger tight! nipped that up happy days it works again
So i washed it and put it back in the garage haha.

Do you ever drive it mate??

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
This weekend I have changed a broken spring on the C2 that my Mrs wanted, until the day I bought it then she didn't want it. Up for sale soon if anyone wants a runabout.

On the megane I've fitted a powerflex upper mount insert, fitted DS1.11 pads, cleaned all wheel/hub mating faces as I couldn't get the wheels on/off properly.
Changed the spark plugs, changed the oil.

Still need to flush some new fluid through and have two tyres fitted, but that can wait for another day

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Tried to solve my girlfriends random starting issue on her Pug 206. Wouldn't start a few times in November, so bought a new battery, seemed fixed. The other day it died at 3am when she finished work, so I had to go and jump start it.. assumed alternator. Tested alternator today and the readings were spot on, so now not sure where to look next.

It's slow to turnover and then starts, but if left for a few days it just wont start at all until jump started, and is then fine. Hmm..

Clio 182
@182Brodie what do you use to keep your trendlines clean mate? Mine need a good going over on the seat bases.

I use a karcher steam cleaner every few months i think its called the SC1 iirc itwas like 30 quid you can do carpets with it too its also got a seat attachment. Then usually just go over them with the vac with brush attachment, they're f***ers for collecting bits in the sides.

Clio 182
Tried to solve my girlfriends random starting issue on her Pug 206. Wouldn't start a few times in November, so bought a new battery, seemed fixed. The other day it died at 3am when she finished work, so I had to go and jump start it.. assumed alternator. Tested alternator today and the readings were spot on, so now not sure where to look next.

It's slow to turnover and then starts, but if left for a few days it just wont start at all until jump started, and is then fine. Hmm..
Does it have an aftermarket radio in? Sounds like theres maybe a constant live flattening the battery?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Does it have an aftermarket radio in? Sounds like theres maybe a constant live flattening the battery?

Nope! 100% standard, low mileage car. Bought off some nan, started on the button instantly for the first couple of months of ownership and now its playing up!

Clio 182
Nope! 100% standard, low mileage car. Bought off some nan, started on the button instantly for the first couple of months of ownership and now its playing up!
I had a 206 that used to cut out when ever i dropped the clutch turned out to be the earth strap on top of the gear box take out battery and its case and have a look in there. They can cause all sorts of problems when broken

RB Clio 182

Are you using this to try and start it buddy?

IMG_1261.JPG

BMW 320d SE
Had the driver's side rear bumper repaired after a colleague forgot to set the handbrake on his V70 and it rolled into the Clio.