ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who has got their Wii then..........?

Wooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooo!

Just arrived, happiest man on earth!

115554674-M.jpg

sexy!

dk

911 GTS Cab
My bro pre-ordered two. Both were accepted but I told him I didnt want mine so he cancelled it - and boy am I glad.

His arrived today. Firstly the signal quality from the boxed composite cable is sh*t. We played FZERO on it and it looks worse than when we plug the SNES into the TV!!!

Wii sports is very simplistic, almost like a collection of Atari 2600 games. Haven't played Zelda yet because my bro ain't bothering now until he gets the HD cable from ebay for £60 and I dont blame him as it looks like an N64 at the moment.

The motion controls are ok. Not as intuitive as most Nintendo ideas. I found it frustrating as it wasn't doing what I expected it to do. It was as though sometimes it didn't matter how you swung it the same shot (in tennis) would be played.

When aiming at the menus it doesn't aim like a gun. If you aim the remote like a gun the pointer is a few inches below. Dunno what will happen with gun games but I wouldn't be able to play it like that.

It is a real crying shame that Nintendo didn't just release the controller and games on the 360. Tiger Woods golf would be great on Xbox 360 using the motion controls. As it is you have gamecube quality (if you buy a 60 quid cable from ebay) or N64 quality combined with simplistic games.

Hopefully things will get better.
Oh Dear, at last a proper review from someone who isn't a nintendo fanboy, ozzy will no doubt argue it but i am glad i didn't join the hype and go for one now, sounds just like what I thought it would be like, all hype and nowhere near as good as the 360!

Oh and before you ask, I am a Sony Fanboy.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Got a 360 already.. but just picked up my wii + zelda + red steel + nunchuck + extra wiimote :D :D :D ;D

Back in a few days :D

dk

911 GTS Cab
Got a 360 already.. but just picked up my wii + zelda + red steel + nunchuck + extra wiimote :D :D :D ;D

Back in a few days :D

Good lad. The Wii60 combo is where the real gamers are.
LOL, wii60, i barely have enough time to play enough on my 360 so i would never have the time to play another system too, there just aren't enough non-work hours in the day, especially now i have the hd-dvd addon too.

although i could be playing it while my 360 is back for repair (before someone says it! ;) ) i'll give you that!

Focus ST-2
Just out of chance, if anybody pre-orderd 2 of them but only wants one, please PM me, my aunt and uncle orderd from woolworths for my two little cousins for their xmas present but were told this morning hey wouldn''t be getting one.

Please...

Mate you should try the avforums.com they had a few on there today selling for the price people paid. Decent forum where no product is allowed to be sold over what was original paid.

Someone got his on the way to work this morning.

As you can imagine, not much work has been done he today.

Boxing is the best, you look like a total knob and end up panting - but all good fun.

SLK 350
Oh Dear, at last a proper review from someone who isn't a nintendo fanboy, ozzy will no doubt argue it but i am glad i didn't join the hype and go for one now, sounds just like what I thought it would be like, all hype and nowhere near as good as the 360!

Dave, I think i'll listen to the mass media, over some forum user review (if you can call it that). The fact the wiimote wasn't pointing where it should have been means they probably didn't even that the thing setup correctly, or caliberated.

I just wish you'd stop posting your persistent bull on the Wii threads tbh, it's growing tiresome. You make out you know exactly what your talking about based on what other people have said - wait until you play one for your self and stop being so easily led.

End of.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I want my Wii!!!! :(

Nice one ukaskew, would have been out of order if I'd have got one and you hadn't!! I wouldn't have had time this weekend to play anyway, so it's not a great loss.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Dave, I think i'll listen to the mass media, over some forum user review (if you can call it that). The fact the wiimote wasn't pointing where it should have been means they probably didn't even that the thing setup correctly, or caliberated.

I just wish you'd stop posting your persistent bull on the Wii threads tbh, it's growing tiresome. You make out you know exactly what your talking about based on what other people have said - wait until you play one for your self and stop being so easily led.

End of.
lol, thats the point i am not easily led, i don't listen to the hyped up media, i listen to people that have actually played the thing and have a proper opinion on it, you haven't played one and don't own one so how are you any different to me when commenting?

your fanboy posts are also getting tiresome, you sound like a pc gamer so really don't have any business with a console anyway.

I just had the most entertaining gaming hour of my life (seriously, and this from someone who grew up with Sega ;))

Wii Sports is incredible for a free game, so responsive. Wii Tennis is frighteningly addictive. Packing it up to take it over the missus' place now, shame I couldn't get a second wiimote, will have to take it in turns instead.

Got myself 5000 Wii Points when I set it up, should last me a while :) Got Sonic so far, still got 4200 points left.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
wicked.. I actually still havent unpacked mine yet.. been busy running errands :(

looking forward to it though !

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I just had the most entertaining gaming hour of my life (seriously, and this from someone who grew up with Sega ;))

Wii Sports is incredible for a free game, so responsive. Wii Tennis is frighteningly addictive. Packing it up to take it over the missus' place now, shame I couldn't get a second wiimote, will have to take it in turns instead.

Got myself 5000 Wii Points when I set it up, should last me a while :) Got Sonic so far, still got 4200 points left.

Get her to play with your wii wii while you play with the wii! ;) Everyone's a winner!!!

It's incredibly small, look at my pic above, smaller and not much thicker than 2 or 3 DVD cases.

Even the box it comes in is tiny, just over a foot long and 10" wide...

115554670-M.jpg

knew I should've mugged that guy walking in front of me with a gamestation bag this morning!

A wii and a nice run all for free :)

Wii is so gay i bet there are games out like :

Virtual mincing

Virtual w**king

Virtual kissing girls (or boys for some of you)

Virtual Rimming

Virtual friends

;)

Without even reading the rest of the thread, I already know that you know sweet FA about games. If you did, you'd know that Nintendo and their 3rd parties, have made some of the best games known to man. They have also pioneered some of the best technologies in consoles, including the analogue stick and rumble pack.

Just now, I'm really only into PC shooters, but when my social life permits, I'll almost certainly be getting a Wii.

Virtual mincing

Virtual w**king

Virtual Rimming

Virtual friends

;)

Without even reading the rest of the thread, I already know that you know sweet FA about games. If you did, you'd know that Nintendo and their 3rd parties, have made some of the best games known to man. They have also pioneered some of the best technologies in consoles, including the analogue stick and rumble pack.

Just now, I'm really only into PC shooters, but when my social life permits, I'll almost certainly be getting a Wii.

Yaris Hybrid
Another sh*t thing with the Wii, when we first set it up it wouldn't connect to that Nintendo shop thing properly.

According to some Nintendo help thing my bro went on we had to change some setting in our routers wifi set up. Some SSID channel thing which was on 6 by default but we had to change to 1 or 11. 1 Didnt work at all and 11 fixed it.

But WTF?!? How comes the wireless card in my PC, the one in my laptop and the Xbox 360 wireless adapter all work properly but we had to change some weird setting with the Wii? How can a typical parent that knows jack sh*t about PC's sort that out for their kids? Nice one Nintendo. Common problem apparently so if anyone else has it you know what to do.

I stand by what I said with the games. FZERO looks like CGA graphics on a PC circa 1984 due to the composite lead. Wii sports looks worse than an N64 and the games are ridiculously simplistic. Boxing and Tennis just seemed a bit random aside from the dodging from side to side on boxing which worked properly but everything else was wave and hope for the best.

Golf actually seemed to work properly but the graphics are worse than Mario Golf on the N64 and you can't even see the pin until you are right on top of the green because the low res fuzzy composite lead graphics are so poor.

Definitely not an alternative to PS3/360 but rather something you might want to buy as well as. Once it comes down to £100 or something. I'd rather pay £170 just for the remote and plug it into a 360 and play Tiger Woods.

Still I will check out Zelda once the new lead arrives and then judge when some more games come out.

Yes it is setup properly but on the main menu point the remote like a gun by lining your eye up down it and see where the pointer is on the screen! I pointed at FZERO to launch that game but the pointer on screen was way below.

Last edited:
  Yaris Hybrid
The analogue stick had been done before...

But yeah Nintendo have made some of the best games ever although they have always screwed Europe over and I believe many of the SNES games you buy on Wii are not 60hz version but the slow bordered European versions!!

I think they started losing it after the SNES. Zelda, Mario and Starfox on the N64 were ok but FZERO wasn't as good as the SNES version and then with the Cube it really messed up. Even some of their hand held offerings like the new Mario game on DS are no good and not up to Mario World standards. I pray that the new Yoshi's Island game is worth it...

As for Mario Kart, that has definitely been downhill since the SNES! I am a Nintendo fanboy that bought an import N64 by the way and paid £100 a game when it first came out.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC

Virtual mincing

Virtual w**king

Virtual Rimming

Virtual friends

;)

Ah come on you didn't take it seriously did you?

I'll be playing on my mates next week :D

Another sh*t thing with the Wii, when we first set it up it wouldn't connect to that Nintendo shop thing properly.

According to some Nintendo help thing my bro went on we had to change some setting in our routers wifi set up. Some SSID channel thing which was on 6 by default but we had to change to 1 or 11. 1 Didnt work at all and 11 fixed it.

But WTF?!? How comes the wireless card in my PC, the one in my laptop and the Xbox 360 wireless adapter all work properly but we had to change some weird setting with the Wii? How can a typical parent that knows jack sh*t about PC's sort that out for their kids? Nice one Nintendo. Common problem apparently so if anyone else has it you know what to do.

I stand by what I said with the games. FZERO looks like CGA graphics on a PC circa 1984 due to the composite lead. Wii sports looks worse than an N64 and the games are ridiculously simplistic. Boxing and Tennis just seemed a bit random aside from the dodging from side to side on boxing which worked properly but everything else was wave and hope for the best.

Golf actually seemed to work properly but the graphics are worse than Mario Golf on the N64 and you can't even see the pin until you are right on top of the green because the low res fuzzy composite lead graphics are so poor..

Wii sports inst suppose to look great, it isnt supposed to be in depth! It just there for new and old gamers to get used to the controller you tool.It was free what do you expect? Its not a fully pledged game.

Yes the component cable is shite, that doesnt mean the hardware is.

Play some proper games on the Wii and then write a "review"

trailerparktrev said:
Got your camera fixed then Chris? ;)

Yep it's been a good week, I took it back to the store and they gave me a brand new one!

Anyhows, as Nintendo kindly email you to tell you how much of your life you've been wasting every day:

Wii Sports: 3:59
Call of Duty 3: 0:47
Sonic the Hedgehog: 0:20

SLK 350
lol, thats the point i am not easily led, i don't listen to the hyped up media, i listen to people that have actually played the thing and have a proper opinion on it, you haven't played one and don't own one so how are you any different to me when commenting?

your fanboy posts are also getting tiresome, you sound like a pc gamer so really don't have any business with a console anyway.

Sure if you go read Nintendo magazine you'll get a rose tinted review of the console, but there is a plethora of independant reviews out there that give a more informed and better qualified judgement on the system, that Mr.Iplayeditfor5minutesandomgIhateIt!

However, as you always seem to dwell on a single point within my comments, I shall repeat GO AND PLAY IT YOURSELF AND MAKE YOUR OWN OPINION then pass judgement, you wrote it off before you even played it which makes you a judgemental fool.

I'm not a fanboy either, i'm just sick of retards bitching about stuff they have no idea about. I've owned an N64, a PS2 and an Xbox that hardly makes me a fanboy, i'm nothing of the sort - What I am doing is defending and applauding a company for having the b****cks to try something new.

And wtf does gaming on a PC have to do with me having an opinion.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Oh my gawd.. just finished playing 4 hours of wii sports (i havent even unrapped zelda and red steel yet) and its so cool.

Absolutly loving it.. more than my 360 to be honest.. but my arms arent half aching :(

As mentioned above dont knock it till you have tried it.. its the future of gaming for sure..

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Oh well....

my wii play despatched today!

Just need a f**king wii now!

SLK 350
Yeps, the N64 stick was the first of its kind, which is what made Goldeneye so playable. Until of course the joystick disintegrated with overuse :)

Lee

BMW M2C
Oh my gawd.. just finished playing 4 hours of wii sports (i havent even unrapped zelda and red steel yet) and its so cool.

Absolutly loving it.. more than my 360 to be honest.. but my arms arent half aching :(

As mentioned above dont knock it till you have tried it.. its the future of gaming for sure..

You're spot on mate, I've just spent the last two hours stood in front of the TV in my pants playing Wii sports. My Zelda didn't arrive so will be with me Monday along with my classic controller. I can't decide what games to download now, there's too many greats already.

This was my first chance to have a really good go on one and it's absolute class. I'm hooked on Golf and Bowling. The controller is perfection. I was worried you would feel like your movements didn't match what's going on in the game, but they do. Putting spin on the ball in bowling is amazing.

After Gears of War, Ghost Recon, COD 2 and 3, Rainbow 6 and all the car games I've got on the 360 this is a very welcome change. It's just fun. I keep laughing as I play, sad I know but it is funny.

Ozzy, the N64 controller was one of the best ever, designed by god himself for Zelda, and used perfectly by Rare in the second best N64 game ever.

I'm a bit pissed off I'm out on a session this afternoon, I want to play more Wii sports. lol

SLK 350

You're spot on mate, I've just spent the last two hours stood in front of the TV in my pants playing Wii sports. My Zelda didn't arrive so will be with me Monday along with my classic controller. I can't decide what games to download now, there's too many greats already.

This was my first chance to have a really good go on one and it's absolute class. I'm hooked on Golf and Bowling. The controller is perfection. I was worried you would feel like your movements didn't match what's going on in the game, but they do. Putting spin on the ball in bowling is amazing.

After Gears of War, Ghost Recon, COD 2 and 3, Rainbow 6 and all the car games I've got on the 360 this is a very welcome change. It's just fun. I keep laughing as I play, sad I know but it is funny.

Ozzy, the N64 controller was one of the best ever, designed by god himself for Zelda, and used perfectly by Rare in the second best N64 game ever.

I'm a bit pissed off I'm out on a session this afternoon, I want to play more Wii sports. lol

Music to my ears, nice to hear people are enjoying themselves which is what the Wii is about! And people who don't make knee jerk reactions over it's inevitable qwerks.

I need to get me a look at one of these :)

Must...not...spend...any...more!

115678377-M.jpg

By the way, if anyone is struggling to get accessories try your local Woolworths. I couldn't get stuff from Play or anywhere else online, or in GAME, Gamestation, ePlay etc, but I popped into Woolies and they had every single launch game and all the accessories (apart from individual Wii Remotes, as they don't seem to exist in this country yet).

Lee

BMW M2C
I got my console from Woolies. Going to pop into my local one in a minute see what else they have in stock.

COD3 I'm playing on 360 though, I'd rather have the flash graphics for that one as it's not exactly an amazing game.

I really need another controller so I can thrash my misses at bowling.

I really need another controller so I can thrash my misses at bowling.

You can play Bowling on one remote, and Golf for that matter. We had 4 player games of both last night and that was before I got my second remote this morning.

Yaris Hybrid
Yeps, the N64 stick was the first of its kind, which is what made Goldeneye so playable. Until of course the joystick disintegrated with overuse :)

A couple of consoles back in the early 80's had an analogue stick on the control pad.