ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wii?

Lee

BMW M2C
I see Woolies have taken the cash for me Wii.

I've just picked up a component switch box nice and cheap off a lad at work, so I've ordered my Wii comonent cable. I just need to get a component cable for my DVD player then I can finally ditch my scart switch box as the only think connected to that will be my Sky box.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
GTA on the Wii?

-----------------

Cubed3 is reporting that Reggie Fils-Aime (NOA President) has been in talks with quite a few third-parties about support for the Wii. Take Two just happens to be one of them (and the developer of Grand Theft Auto). While Nintendo and Grand Theft Auto aren't normally seen in the same sentence - this hasn't kept Reggie from persuing the possibility. Cubed3 quotes him as saying: ...

"We're reaching out to every publisher, frankly every day. I'll be spending some time later today with the folks over at Take Two to see what type of support they can give our console. The fact is there will be M-rated content on the Wii console. EA has already announced that they're bringing 'The Godfather' to our console. And we want every single best-selling game to be available on Wii. Whatever that content is."

-----------------------

Source: A lengthy article on MTV News.
gtavice_thumb002.jpg

What we heard: At its pre-Electronic Entertainment Expo press conference in May, Microsoft stunned attendees by announcing that Grand Theft Auto IV would be released on the Xbox 360 the same day and date it arrives on the PlayStation 3. Though Sony reps would later play it down, the development meant that the long exclusivity window that prior GTA games had on the PlayStation 2 would not survive the next-generation console transition.
But while Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas all appeared on the Xbox, no GTA game ever made it to the GameCube. In fact, the only GTA games to make it to a Nintendo platform were the handheld top-down titles Grand Theft Auto (Game Boy Color, 1999), Grand Theft Auto 2 (GBC, 2000), and Grand Theft Auto Advance (Game Boy Advance, 2004).
However, now comes word that the Wii might be carjacked by the GTA franchise. Speaking to MTV News at last week's Wii press conference in New York City, Nintendo of America president and COO Reggie Fils-Aime revealed that the Mario Factory is in talks with Take-Two Interactive, parent of GTA publisher Rockstar Games. "I'll be spending some time later today with the folks over at Take-Two to see what type of support they can give our console," he said. So far, Take-Two has only expressed interest in using Wii's motion-sensing functions for a baseball game.
Though he didn't mention any specific titles to MTV, the outspoken executive did say that Nintendo wants the Wii to have more adult-oriented content than the GameCube did. That console's catalog was dominated by family-friendly offerings, although it had several notable M-rated games, such as Killer7 and Resident Evil 4.
"The fact is there will be M-rated content on the Wii console," said Fils-Aime. "EA has already announced that they're bringing [the GTA-like crime game] The Godfather to our console. And we want every single best-selling game to be available on Wii. Whatever that content is."
The official story: Fils-Aime's comments have ignited a firestorm of speculation among prospective Wii buyers and GTA addicts. However, they are not official confirmation of plans for a Wii GTA--or any particular Take-Two title for the platform. Requests for comment sent to Nintendo, Take-Two, and Rockstar had not been returned as of press time.
Bogus or not bogus?: Not bogus that Take-Two and Nintendo are talking. As for GTA on the Wii? The once-unthinkable notion now appears to be a possibility.

You make me laugh. last week you were slagging off GTA, saying you don't want to play new versions of old games. Now you're w4nking over it?

Make ya mind up!

The good thing about the 360 is that is has these bolt ons. For £20 more than a wii you can get upscaling DVD capabilities and HD gaming.

Or alternatively, spend PS3 money and you can get a hard drive and an HD-DVD player.

Versatile and options to suit everybody!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Clart, think before you speak :rasp:

That is copied from a website in response to Chris saying he would get a PS3 so he could play GTA

Last edited:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
gta on wii... i'd like to use the chainsaw with the motion sensor thingy. lol

grpahics will still be s**t ;)

Top 10 WII Games. Nothing comes close to Zelda as yet. No doubt Mario will push the boundaries, and hopefully Mario Kart! :)

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 95.2%
2. Trauma Center: Second Opinion 84.0%
3. Madden NFL 07 83.5%
4. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 80.4%
5. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 79.8%
6. Rayman Raving Rabbids79.4%
7. Wii Sports 76.6%
8. Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam 75.8%
9. Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz 75.2%
10. Call of Duty 3 74.5%

Hmm maybe I should dig out the launch games for the 360 and see what scores they got. anyway, those look pretty damn good to me.

Imagine the possibilies once deveolpers really get to grips with the technology.

Seb Wii sports was never ment to be in depth, its simply to get gamers and none gamers alike used to the controller. A means of a fun introduction.

People seem to be forgetting the Virtual console back cataloge. 30+ games on there by this Chirstmas. Arguably some of the best games ever created at your fingertips.

Sony fanboys are just pissed off because most media, press and critics are against it. Ill get one, but when they are alot cheaper, im in no rush at all for one.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
lol. Its definitely a games machine. The ads for Zelda look mental, with the bow and arrow and stuff :S

SLK 350
Aye, Zelda looks great indeed. Every piece of press i've read has given it 90% plus.

They've been working on it for 4 years though :)

Just called Argos and they confirmed delivery for Friday, woo hoo!

Play haven't posted my Nunchuk, Classic Controller and Wii Play yet, hope they do soon!

You have to remember taht there are 2 types of console user.

The first plays most games on there own, therefore is more concerned with teh graphics, plot of a game. From Dave post he is one of these.

The second is those who like to muck about with there friends. The graphics and plot don't really matter as much aslong as your having fun with your mates.

The wii is aimed towards the second, sure there will be some singleplayer games that the others can't match for involing the player into the game as much. The 360 and PS3 cannot match the sword weileding, gun totting action etc.

Which is more fun? Depends on what you see as fun. I personally find the idea of jumping around the room emulating actions closer to real life with a bunch of mates far more fun than indulging into a game which require more mental and button pushing to be rewarding.

Whats all this rubbish about the 360 being used for those who like to play on their own (ie dont get one if you want multiplayer!)? Xbox live is the most accomplished, accessable and readily used by pretty much 99% of 360 games, so not only do you get better multiplayer you get better graphics too! Surely this is better? Playing friends on line as well as in the same room.

Not trying to flame the Wii as I like it and like the novelty of it, I'm just putting what some people are saying into perspective as it has absolutely nothing over the HD consoles other than a different type of controller.

This playground banter is getting a little dull now.

Facing facts, those that don't like the Wii won't be converted by words alone (or screenshots/vids for that matter) and those who are really excited about it are hardly going to be talked out of it.

Most importantly there is now some good variation in the games market, and that can only be a good thing. On the one hand we have the stunning graphics and online/multimedia capabilities of the PS3/360, on the other hand the Wii is cheaper to develop for and therefore a less risky prospect for a developer, which in turn should see new concepts and ideas appearing in gaming.

The handheld market has been revitalized with Nintendo having to pick up their game due to the release of the PSP, they've done that better than anyone has expected. My point? Competition can only be a good thing, at the end of the day as long as games are coming out that we want to play then we all benefit.

Revels Mum & Sister

Play haven't posted my Nunchuk, Classic Controller and Wii Play yet, hope they do soon!

Play have severe short stock of those items dude. SO I suggest ringing them and seeing if you will get them. if not be prepared to hunt for them

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I'd still rather play old spectrum games than most of the crap that comes out of games houses these days.

I've gone for wii because playability is much more important to me than perty graphics.

And god bless argos. :)

dk

911 GTS Cab

Play have severe short stock of those items dude. SO I suggest ringing them and seeing if you will get them. if not be prepared to hunt for them
play are sh1t at the moment, full stop, i have had it with them, my order was processing for a few days on a dvd that was in stock, then it said it was shipped 6 days ago, wondered where it was and i looked on the site today to see what was up and now it said it was shipped yesterday, utter b****cks, they are crap when its busy!

they have disappointed a lot of hd-dvd pre-orders too not telling people whether they are going to get one or not even after launch day, they couldn't run a pissup in a brewery!

SLK 350
I'd still rather play old spectrum games than most of the crap that comes out of games houses these days.

I've gone for wii because playability is much more important to me than perty graphics.

Amen sister! Amen!

I pre-ordered from Game a month or so ago. I havent recived any email saying it has been dispatched? Is this bad news??

This is one thing people are saying I dont understand. Since when does a console itself make the games more 'playable'??? Its the way the game is made and programmed which makes something playable. Were PS2 games more playable than the original xbox games because you could get a light gun for it? Or the Eye Toy? No, as they were simply periferals. And since when does having power behind the graphics make a compromise on playablity? Great graphics is an added bonus, its not the be all and end all and 99% of the time with the 360 you have both.

Games on the Wii wont be any more playable than on any other platform, just different.

I wouldnt want to play FZero with the wand...

Last edited:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

This is one thing people are saying I dont understand. Since when does a console itself make the games more 'playable'???

Games on the Wii wont be any more playable than on any other platform, just different.

I wouldnt want to play FZero with the wand...

Nintendo makes playable games full stop. Nintendo have a very good history of innovation in their game design.

I'd much rather run around in the mario world than run around killing monsters in the next iteration of a Wolfenstien 3D clone.

SLK 350
This is one thing people are saying I dont understand. Since when does a console itself make the games more 'playable'??? Its the way the game is made and programmed which makes something playable. Were PS2 games more playable than the original xbox games because you could get a light gun for it? Or the Eye Toy? No, as they were simply periferals.

Indeed, a console alone won't likely make a difference in playablility over another where both consoles are alike. However it does happen, some dev kits allow for better translation of function, and afford the developers more freedom to realise their 'dreams'. Take for example a game that is a multi-platform release, a game on the Xbox/PS2/360/PC/Wii will all be vastly different, and theres usually a turkey amongst them - basically comes down to laziness on the developers part.

The incarnations on the PS2 were flawed because of the fact they were optional, developers didn't get involved enough with the hardware because it wasn't standard, lack of titles and backing means subsequently it flounders and becomes a half arsed effort at doing something good. The Wii will harness it's use in most of the titles released.

Horses for courses though, time will tell.

Depends how you look at it I guess, but all of the games will be programmed to make best use of the control system which will mean a greater amount of interaction with the game and you could quantify playability as exactly that. Try playing DDR with a control pad, and then play it with a dancemat (just as an example) i'm pretty sure you'll feel more involved with the dancemat version, and enjoy it more because of that.

Good argument though, and no amount of forum bitching will resolve it, so I guess again it comes down to preference of each of us.

172 Cup (2003)
I've ordered a Wii. So my girlfriend and I can play games together. When i want to play serious games (which is hardly ever nowadays as i'm getting older) we have a games night at my mates house who has a 360.

The Wii is a different approach to gaming, which i'm looking forward to. Games thus far have been mostly a guy thing, or guys sat with other guys playing games. This is more of a family fun thing.

Which i'm all for.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i'd rather be doing other things with my girlfriend, rather than playing computer games tbh.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Williams, When I was talking about mutiplayer I meant people in the room together.

playing a game with people in the same room as you is far more fun and rewarding that over the internet.

172 Cup (2003)
i'd rather be doing other things with my girlfriend, rather than playing computer games tbh.

When you live together, you have all the time in the world to do things such as play computer games together... its great! She loves her PS2 with Buzz... so i'm sure she'll love this too.

1.8 Civic EX

When you live together, you have all the time in the world to do things such as play computer games together... its great! She loves her PS2 with Buzz... so i'm sure she'll love this too.

don't forget you could always make it a little more entertaining....

strip tennis anyone? haha

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
yeah, i've lived with my missus for 4 years, would rather play xbox with the lads and sexytime with the missus!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Your going to hate the xmas present i bought you Clart... ;)