ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams 3

impreza p1, williams 3
start of a project me and my girlfriend are about to embark, i'll try and keep adding as i go on, and i'll price it up to!
so here's the first few pics as i got it back to the workshop. nothing at all done yet!
COSTS
£300 (car)
IMG_4808.jpg

IMG_4817.jpg

IMG_4819.jpg

IMG_4809.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
CHRIST!! Got rust?! lol.

£300 though, the wheels are worth that!

impreza p1, williams 3
just a bit, but got the repair arches ordered and the sill's i'll just fabricate, not hard at all, more worried about the oil leaks:rolleyes:

impreza p1, williams 3
Bargain...

MEGA rust attack on the sills!

How many miles has the car covered?

the sills are mainly surface rust, the none existant arches have been eaten away, 90k with full history till last year, i'm pleased with the interior apart from the gearstick and split gaitor

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
just a bit, but got the repair arches ordered and the sill's i'll just fabricate, not hard at all, more worried about the oil leaks:rolleyes:

Full renult side/rears or repair panels?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
you do know they'll need a lot of fabricating to get to fit properly? they're not flared like willy ones but they also straighten off towards the bumper earlier - waste of money when I did it in hindsight I should have just had someone fabricate them as per originals

impreza p1, williams 3
you do know they'll need a lot of fabricating to get to fit properly? they're not flared like willy ones but they also straighten off towards the bumper earlier - waste of money when I did it in hindsight
I should have just had someone fabricate them as per originals

i know what your saying, but i think i'll be able to get them fitting pretty well, i'll have them tommorrow so i'll be able to see how much need doing to them,

impreza p1, williams 3
Very cheap car that. Do you work in a bodyshop?
no i'm a mechanic, but when i was younger i worked in a bodyshop when we were panel beater sprayers, had to do cars from start to finish, not one man one job as it seems it is now days

Last edited:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Oh aye if your handy with a welder its plenty doable - wasn't sure how much you knew - £300 is still a bargain whatever condition its in.

impreza p1, williams 3
Oh aye if your handy with a welder its plenty doable - wasn't sure how much you knew - £300 is still a bargain whatever condition its in.

well i've been working on cars for 30 years, that makes me feel old :(
hopefully i can get them looking ok

impreza p1, williams 3
the arches came today, bigger than i thought, and as someone already said before do need work to fit, but doable, £40 for the pair
IMG_4861.jpg

IMG_4859.jpg

impreza p1, williams 3
hoddesdon is just up the road for me!

will you do my arches :eek:
lets see how they come out but i'm confident they'll be fine, i really want to get cracking with them but very busy at work!
have you a rusty williams too then

'92 172, Lotus Elise
probably the 1.8 16v

identical shell to the williams, can come in the same colours too

the engine bay will look identical too, but the 1.8 is noticable less torquey at lower rpms

and the front track is a lot narrower

there are other differences obviously, but those are the main points :p

impreza p1, williams 3
been so busy, not had a chance till now to do a little work!
it's going to be stuck on this ramp for a while
Photo048.jpg

found the steering rack was leaking so got one for £50
Photo053.jpg

sub frame out and ready to be prepped for rack paint and new ball joint as the rubber was split, but had no play just wanted to replace it, £7!
Photo059.jpg

also found a wheel bearing noisey too £18 took the bearing out and painted the cariers, waiting for it to dry before i press the new one in
Photo051.jpg

the bits before and after paint
Photo057.jpg

Photo058.jpg

oh and the drive shaft had fallen apart so need to sort that some how
Photo060.jpg

pictures were taken on my phone so i'm sorry about the quality

impreza p1, williams 3
spent another hour or so on the car tonight, took the wishbones off, fitted the new ball joint, prept and painted
Arms.jpg

pressed the new bearing in too now the paint had dried
Bearin.jpg

and the caliper in yellow, didn't know what colour to go with, think i made the right choice
Caliper.jpg

impreza p1, williams 3
very polite, pal at work called it bogey green, i'd like to call it british RACING green:cool:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Does your boss not mind you rendering a ramp useless for the forseeable future?? lol!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
12 ramps!!!! Nice place :)

Nice project as well, good luck with it, £300 is a bargin.