ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams 3

impreza p1, williams 3
spent an hour or so on thursday doing a few bits,
started by cleaning the top mount bearings and re greasing them, nice and free now
Photo007.jpg

the shock with the spring compressed and top mount on, was worried about scratcing the shock but the cloth saved that happening, didn't paint the top cup, looks pants
Photo011.jpg

and both struts ready to go back on
Photo015.jpg

next thouhgt i'd takle the anti roll bar, as it looked on the sub frame
Photo019.jpg

and off it, i'm a bit concerned about the amount of rust and hoping when it goes back on there is no play in the mounts, as it does seem to look a bit thinner as i did knock a load of rust off it
Photo023.jpg

prepped
Photo038.jpg

and painted
Photo054.jpg

Photo046.jpg

made a very small start on the subframe, cleaned it and straightend the front edge out, looked as if someone had leavered or jacked on it.
Photo061.jpg

as i'd spent a couple of evenings doing a few bits on the car thought i'd leave and take my girlfriend out for a meal as we lost out on a couple of evenings together, sorted a baby sitter and off we went, hopefully i'll get a bit done over the weekend and take my camara for some decent picture,
thanks for looking

impreza p1, williams 3
sorted a few more bits out the last few days, painted the subframe, took the arms off the second hand steering rack, replaced with new arms and track rod ends
Photo065.jpg

and the arm fitted with the clip fitted correctly
Photo066.jpg

and the subframe ready to go back in, but only after the engine comes out to get sorted
Photo067.jpg

ValverInBits
made a very small start on the subframe, cleaned it and straightend the front edge out, looked as if someone had leavered or jacked on it.

The front lip where behind where the radiator sits? that's meant to be bent. Don't worry, I bent one back too thinking it looked wrong!:eek:

Nice progress.

RB 197
Really look forward to seeing the work progressing on this. + the finished product.

Awesome cars, miss mine tons and it's always nice to see people taking them back to their original glory as much as poss.

impreza p1, williams 3
The front lip where behind where the radiator sits? that's meant to be bent. Don't worry, I bent one back too thinking it looked wrong!:eek:

Nice progress.

thank you, all the boring stuff that no one can really see, but should make the car drive nice!
oh and the lip was very wavy and not the edge your on about,

impreza p1, williams 3
Really look forward to seeing the work progressing on this. + the finished product.

Awesome cars, miss mine tons and it's always nice to see people taking them back to their original glory as much as poss.

i will do my best, but on a budget but already spent a bit, gear knob £35, i'll have to put a picture up, i'll do it now

impreza p1, williams 3
BUmwOUwBmkKGrHgoOKkYEjlLmbkuBKOVKOW.jpg

as i've got a few more bit's i'll give some more prices
£35 gear knob
£50 steering rack
£42 steering arms and track rod ends
£35 paint and met

impreza p1, williams 3
been very busy at work so not much going on with the clio till this week,
took the engine out last night which is looking very sad
Photo076.jpg

Photo077.jpg

so much to do and didn't know where to start, decided on the throttle body
Photo078.jpg

impreza p1, williams 3
my girlfriend agrees with you and everyone at work!!! BUT i think it will look ok once its all put back together.

Golf GTD Mk7
nice little project mate. Keep it up. I'm still amazed at the car cost in the first place. Nice find :approve:

E36 328
Looking nice, always nice to see someone repair a car that most people would see fit for the scrappy.

Bit sceptical about the paint on the discs though????

03 RS clio 172 flameR
love the amount of detail going into this, wish i had a garrage with a ramp i could use, would always be doing projects. looking forward to the final pics.

LOL at people saying about painting the brake disks! it will go within say 2 seconds of breaking, and will giv perfect lines around wher the pad sits!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks wicked so far, can't believe i didn't see this before. Great little bargain, and with all the right tools and knowledge you'll probably earn a fair bit on it, not to mention enjoy getting to make something epic again. Best of luck, look forward to seeing more updates.

impreza p1, williams 3
thank you all for your comments, done a little more tonight, couple more pics hopefully with some approval

Photo082.jpg

Photo083.jpg

not sure what colour to do the rocker and timing cover, any ideas on what the trend is on these, thanks in advance

impreza p1, williams 3
i thought same colour as the car, think the dark colour would look nice with the polished ally

Chav Rocket
great project - i just finished doing near enough exactly what you are doing. worth it in the end!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
looks like a good project, keep up the good work. its great to see williams' on here being restored to how they used to be. cnt wait to see this finished.

impreza p1, williams 3
a little bit more done today, only half the manifold so far, got bored, but will carry on saturday afternoon
Photo003.jpg

Photo004.jpg

sorry i meant are you using a particular peice of equipment?looks mint,id love to do this but funds dont allow as of yet :(

impreza p1, williams 3
got a couple of tools from snap on, and cornwell tools, tried it with a drill but a little awkward
Photo057-1-1.jpg