ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams 3

Chav Rocket
just done at the bodyshop. need to finish the interior now. everything mechanical has been done and the body is finished now so maybe in 2 weeks ill be 100% happy with it. oh the car has been done well (if i may say so) my thread is poo tho!

impreza p1, williams 3
it's nice when they all come together at the end, i've got a long time to go yet! as for the thread a bit jumbled up but who cares

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Loving this project :approve:

Wish I had somewhere like that to play with cars :( I'd be doing the same as you . Have you had a look on www.williamsclio.co.uk? Plenty of williams related education on there and spares ;)

Oh and you can never overdo pics, keep up the good work

impreza p1, williams 3
Loving this project :approve:

Wish I had somewhere like that to play with cars :( I'd be doing the same as you . Have you had a look on www.williamsclio.co.uk? Plenty of williams related education on there and spares ;)

Oh and you can never overdo pics, keep up the good work

oh my, another forum to join :S

i'll keep the pics coming, just keep forgetting to take my camara to work so all the pictures are taken from my phone

impreza p1, williams 3
Looking good mate. Polishing is so boring, but the results are looking nice :approve:

your telling me, done half the manifold and got bored, doing some more tommorrow, i'll have to turn the music up to drown out the noise and stop the mind wondering!
i'll be pleased when the polishing is all done and i can start putting it all back together

impreza p1, williams 3
little update, wasn't sure what colour to do the covers, went for semi gloss black.
what do you think?
Photo006.jpg

Photo007-1.jpg

That looks pretty smart actually :) I'm liking the polishing too.

If you haven't got a new spark plug cover, Renault probably still sell them (cheap too)

impreza p1, williams 3
That looks pretty smart actually :) I'm liking the polishing too.

If you haven't got a new spark plug cover, Renault probably still sell them (cheap too)

it does look pants, will get one and it needs the manifold cover too, still got to get lots of little bits, think a list would be a good idea, get to my age and you start forgetting things :dapprove:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
New ones tend to go that way too - you can buy replica decals to go over the existing print and looks miles better, although I did get a new cover to apply it too :)

impreza p1, williams 3
New ones tend to go that way too - you can buy replica decals to go over the existing print and looks miles better, although I did get a new cover to apply it too :)

i have a decal cutter at work, the problem is the cover is out of shape and dont fit nice, i may make something to fit or maybe there's an after market carbon fibre made

impreza p1, williams 3
got a cam belt kit from renault as it worked out cheaper than a after market one, £89 about £20 cheaper.
and the water pump was a little noisey and had a bit of play in it so got an after market one came to £30 with a rocker gasket
Photo008.jpg

put a dti gauge in number one piston got it to dtc,removed the covers and pulleys, put a big nut on the bottom pulley and put the bolt back in, then marked the cam pulleys as the rocker cover was off so could'nt see the marks.
Photo011-1.jpg

Photo012.jpg

then i got the belt out the box and all that time i spent marking up and using the dti gauge was a waist of time, as the new belt had the timing marks on it, but i suppose better safe than sorry.
it timed up nice and easy
crank shaft pulley with the mark on the bottom
Photo016-1.jpg

and the marks on the cam pulleys
Photo014.jpg

then started on the water pump, all i can say is the french need to start making cars easier to work on, there is no way you could do this job without dropping the engine, anyway had to take loads off to get to it, then two bolts broke taking the pump off
lucky i could warm them up and they broke off in a way i could get hold of them with mole grips
Photo089.jpg

and the pump fitted, managed to find two bolts in the workshop, what a weird thread size they are, lucky to find them
Photo093.jpg

ran out of time tonight so as far as i got, ready for covers and pulleys
Photo095.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
nice to see its not fighting back too much -I really miss having a williams - think I'll end up back in one sooner than my wallet wants too!

impreza p1, williams 3
the front back together now
Photo103.jpg

Photo101.jpg

made a sticker for the engine but still not sure what to do with the plastic cover
the sticker is all yellow the light makes it look white
Photo099.jpg

just a few little bits left to do on the engine, then i can make a start on the engine bay
Photo102.jpg

ITB'd 182...
Would love to see the finished result once finished!

Get some nice pic's of it once done matey!

Should be worth a pretty penny!

impreza p1, williams 3
Would love to see the finished result once finished!

Get some nice pic's of it once done matey!

Should be worth a pretty penny!

think i'll go sort out my camara, memory cards full.
i'll make a profit but it'd never cover the labour involved!
i'll use it while i do some bits on my impreza, but my girlfriend loves the williams so may have to keep it

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Love it. Was following a mice expample up the M56 today, only thinking before what a rare sight they are.

impreza p1, williams 3
thought i'd do a little update as i haven't been on here for a while
sorted a few bits out but as i was in a rush didn't take many pictures
stripped out the engine bay apart from the ABS pump and brake servo and master cylinder, prepped and painted the bay,
Photo090.jpg

the o/s
Photo098.jpg

and the n/s
Photo100.jpg

impreza p1, williams 3
i managed to get a second hand drive shaft off a leguna for £25 and repair the end of mine by changing all the bits over, forgot to take a picture though, you can see the end masked up as i was spraying all the other bits too, the picture is rubbish:dapprove:
Photo060-2.jpg

Photo111.jpg

impreza p1, williams 3
one of the bolts were broken on the n/s engine mount was broken so i drilled and re tapped the thread
Photo110.jpg

impreza p1, williams 3
thought i'd do a little update as i haven't been on here for a while
sorted a few bits out but as i was in a rush didn't take many pictures
stripped out the engine bay apart from the ABS pump and brake servo and master cylinder, prepped and painted the bay,
Photo090.jpg

the o/s
Photo098.jpg

and the n/s
Photo100.jpg

i managed to get a second hand drive shaft off a leguna for £25 and repair the end of mine by changing all the bits over, forgot to take a picture though, you can see the end masked up as i was spraying all the other bits too, the picture is rubbish:dapprove:
Photo060-2.jpg

Photo111.jpg

one of the bolts were broken on the n/s engine mount was broken so i drilled and re tapped the thread
Photo110.jpg
i need to repair the throttle position sensor as the wires are perished
DSC04365.jpg

the n/s drive shaft back in and hopefully stay dry as it leaked before
DSC04369.jpg

and a very dry steering rack but after fitting it found out it's too short:mad: so need another rack or repair mine, that i kept thank god
DSC04368.jpg

repaint the strut brace mounts as they were grey
DSC04355.jpg

and polished the vin plate
DSC04357.jpg

painted the mount cover, and cleaned the fluid bottle
DSC04356.jpg

decided on painting my sparkplug cover
DSC04359.jpg

and a few of the bay so far
DSC04372.jpg

DSC04375.jpg

DSC04374.jpg

and the steering wheel is in the straight ahead position and the wheel is doing a left, tha othe side is pointing the other way
DSC04373.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
WOW! Awesome progress mate!

But please buy a new water bottle! Thats ruining the otherwise minty mint bay!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Mint!!! What did you use to spray the bay? Proper gun i'm assuming?

Golf GTD Mk7
nice mate, coming along well. how did you paint the plastic engine top (or is that not the spark cover).

impreza p1, williams 3
WOW! Awesome progress mate!

But please buy a new water bottle! Thats ruining the otherwise minty mint bay!!
thank you:) it is a bit of a nasty colour, where do you draw the line, but is it right on top and in veiw so may have to get one!

Mint!!! What did you use to spray the bay? Proper gun i'm assuming?

thanks! yes a proper gun, white stone chip on the chassis, then primed and a base coat blue, i was surprised at how well it covered, then a couple of coats of two pack laquar

nice mate, coming along well. how did you paint the plastic engine top (or is that not the spark cover).

thank you,it is the spark plug cover, to start with i thought i'd straighten it out, so tried a heat gun and to my surprise it worked well,
then i rubbed it and the mounting cover with scotch bright, and sprayed them with plastic paint i got from car spares

Missed this thread before. Excellent work fella.

impreza p1, williams 3
really nice. The williams track rod ends can be fitted to the valver steering rack fyi
are you sure as the one i got i think was off of one, i measured the arms and ends but the inside of the rack is too short, i dont want to have the same problem
on monday i'm sending my rack to a power stearing repairer if the price is reasonable
i tried to get repair seals for it but renault dont do them

ValverInBits
I did a little research with my MK1 rack, i'm using a female track rod (male track rod end) manual rack. I've looked through an outdated (but still relevant) renault parts database and the williams rack seems to have a different track rod. The track rods between the valver PAS racks and the manual racks are exactly the same.

I think the difference with the williams rack is it's a bit tighter lock to lock, then the track rods are longer. Certinally what I thought the parts database suggested.

impreza p1, williams 3
I did a little research with my MK1 rack, i'm using a female track rod (male track rod end) manual rack. I've looked through an outdated (but still relevant) renault parts database and the williams rack seems to have a different track rod. The track rods between the valver PAS racks and the manual racks are exactly the same.

I think the difference with the williams rack is it's a bit tighter lock to lock, then the track rods are longer. Certinally what I thought the parts database suggested.

the williams has a wider track using 19 suspension parts the valver has normal clio suspension i think, i've fitted new rack arms and track rod ends and mearsured them with the old ones, but i didn't measure the rack length like a fool

Golf GTD Mk7
Plastic paint seems to work well then. Always thought it would flake off over time. Might give it a go on a few bits ;)