ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

’Kin Gutted Crashed My 182 Today :( PICS

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Totally p!$$ed off.

Some old bint crashed into the passenger side door today at 230pm, just after id cleaned the f**kin thing

Where do i stand on this does anyone have any info at all, its my 1st accident so im a bit clueless.

Totally her fault as well if that makes a massive difference... doesnt make much difference to me at the mo as im well peeved off.

Pics to follow in a moment or two.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Phone your insurance company and tell them what happened. Theyll tell you what you need to do next.

Bad news mate, feel for ya :(

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Cheers fellas for the sympathy.

Yep already rang the insurance guys up, Norwith Union for mine, Privilege hers.

Spent 15 mins explaining everything, they said that the repair centre guys will ring me on Weds to book it in to acess the damage and costs.

I spent 30 mins in the womens house sorting out her side of the story with her insurance people...after id calmed down, kin furious i was.

CTR

Must be difficult not to flip when that happens - not happened to me yet. *touches wood*

Think the key thing is that shes admitted responsibility. Massive pain in the hole obviously, but at least it shouldnt be a long, drawn out process.....

Sorry to hear that mate, has she admitted blame? is it just the door thats f**ked, or do you think they might write it off?

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Always annoying ... you look after it, care for it ... and then some other bugger hurts it. Important thing is that youre OK mate ... cars can always be repaired or replaced!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

bit of rotten luck that mate.

hope it gets sorted out quickly and to a good standard. Check the repair work personally.

--chris

Snotter's

sorry to hear that m8,sum1 wrote my bros car off two weeks ago and drove off.Police have done fuk all

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Thanks again guys.

Yeah she admitted full responsability, only after i explained to her that it was her fault! she basically didnt give way to her right when the traff lights were on green for her and me ( me coming onto a main road, here exited a side road from a Tescos store ( Baguley Tescos if any one knows it bad junction to be fair but still)

I had to wait with her there and wait for a a mountainbike and car to re-play the incident!!! she then changed her mind silly bint.

I dont think it anywhere near a write off but ill [put the pics up soon if anyones interested.

Mini Cooper S sport

Ooooh what a shame :(. Hopefully youll just need a new door though, and a respray on the sill.

What a stupid woman, hope it gets sorted quickly and you get the car back as good as new.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

^ you wouldnt beleive the lack of damage to her car, a very slighty cracked front bumper unbelievable, shed of a Rover 216 L reg she was driving oh and she is a Doctor grrrrrrr

CTR

Christ! She mustve been giving it some out of Tescos! Dont think thatll T-Cut out.

And a doctor?! No thank you! If she can do that to a car, theres no way Id hang around if she asked me to drop my trousers and cough!

that sucks mate... doesnt look too hard to fix though.... new door, wing, wheel, skirts? providing everything underneath is intact

Ford Fiesta

looks like it has missed your rear panel altogether is this right? much easier to sort i imagine if its just door

106 GTi

Nightmare. As others have said hope it is just the door and nothing worse.

Hope it all gets sorted soon.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

guid luck wi that mate, just make sure she takes all the responsibility before you progress the work

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Hi guys, just thought id write a quick update.

Car is now with the body shop guys ( Macclesfield Motor Bodies if anyone knows them) spoke to a nice bloke who inspected the damage but he told me they can only repair whats mentioned in the fax from Norwich Union.

Not too happy about this as i didnt fully tell them the damage to begin with - misswed the scratch on my front splitter and my 2 alloy wheels have 2 lovely gashes in them aswell :(

I wasnt really aware that i had to look at all the damage fully and tell them, guess i couldnt look passed my fcuked up passenger door ( requires a complete new door btw)

I have now told the insurance about the damage i failed to spot before and they said a new fax would be going to the body shop and IF approved they would sort it!! that bloody damage wasnt there before this accident so ill be well p!$$ed off if they say it wasnt caused by the crash.

One other thing, following this crash i now have awoken the next day with a sore lower back, went to see the doctor yesterday and im now of work for a week at LEAST to see if it improves, not a happy chappy.

Im thinking of talking to a solicitor to see if i have any grounds for complaint.

Anyone who wishes to give us some advice please do.

Cheers for reading this rather long reply, feel a little better to get it of my chest.

Leo182.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Talk to a solicitor or one of those annoying advert companies about a personal injury claim. Her insurances legal cover should sort it all so no need to feel bad about stiffing her over for a wodge of cash either.

CTR

Wouldnt do one of those no win, no fee companies. Get advice from someone, but those ones that advertise on the TV are supposed to be a nightmare - because of the no win, no fee they need to cover the costs of both your case and the costs of any cases that they lose.

I may be wrong, but Ive heard that they take such a large chunk of your winnings that its barely worth the effort.

Do your insurance company offer any kind of advice? They may just be able to claim back costs of your physio and any lost earnings along with the costs to repair your car.

Should point out that its never happened to me, touch wood, so theres a chance that all of the above is utter b*llocks....!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

oouch...look along the roof lines and make sure the frogs not bent!!!! Similar impact to my bros and the chassis was pissed.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

^ Seems ok but will check it out.

Spoke to a local solicitor today, a no win no fee one i must add ( arent they all these days) seems to think i have a decent claim, coming to see me on Friday.

Suppose ive nowt to lose.

Btw picking up my courtesy car tomorrow, should i ask for a decent one dont want a cr@ppy micra or something!

Silver 182 F/F

Ref your car,When i was in a accident i was told to take mine into the repair shop for them to asses the damage its not up to you to tell them,and thats the same with all our work vans that get banged.So make sure they pay out for all the damages.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by stu182 on 08 June 2005I may be wrong, but Ive heard that they take such a large chunk of your winnings that its barely worth the effort.

Most of them now give you the full payout and then send their bill to the persons who is paying out insurance to pay for.

do you have legal cover with norwich nighmare? if you do they normally handle any claims you have for inconveniance and what have you , check your policy m8 or give them a call .

brian