ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£100 Printer

Golf GTD
Basically my missus is looking for a printer. She wants it to be around 100£ ideally less.

She will be using it to print word documents and thats pretty much it, wants it to be good on ink and it doesnt have to look pretty but fairly fast.

Thinking Inkjet is going to be the cheapest but thought id check with you lot to see what you would reccommend.

So........advise away :rasp:

Cheers

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/product.php?sku=809034&camp_id

Got one of these a few months back and its great. got through a few set of cartridges but ive bought the compatible cartridges for only 8 quid a set and I cant notice the difference between the genuine Epson ones.

It prints on CD/DVD's as well

Yea 2nd that....top printer for the price......can get compatibles from ebay very cheap...thats what ive done got about 30 cartridges for somthing like £25....cant tell the difference.

Recommended

Golf GTD
cant seem to find the epson anywhere other than PC World and it doesnt seem to be able to be collected at any of the stores. :S

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ So get it delivered ,it says its free :)

Edit that . Not a delivery item .

I have an epson r300 , same price as the r220 but has an lcd screen as well .

Last edited:
Just picked up the Epson R360 - £120 collect in store at PC world. LCD screen, high res prints, CD/DVD printing...photo quality on Epson paper is superb. Very pleased although it is the size of a large breadbin - although they all seem to be heading that way.

Printers are cheap, it's the ink you gotta worry about, printers are a loss leader.

We brought a colour laserjet at work about 6 months back. It'd actually be cheaper for us to keep buying the printer over and over than buying new toners as the toners cost more than the printer. We don't however, because of the hassle.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Beat me to it 172.com!

The choice of printer should be dictated for by the cost of the ink. Yes you can get a lexxmark for £30, wow. But then, look at the cartridges - £25 a shot! However, a canon might cost £80 but then inks only £8 a go...

Think about which bit runs out first - the printer or the ink.