ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£1k to spend on mods, any suggestions ?

Maz

LY 200
I have a small amout of cash sitting around and thought I would spend it on my car.

I have an Artic blue, 54 plate 182 (full fat), both cup packs and magnex exhaust.

Any ideas what I can spend my £1k on ???

Any suggestions would be very welcomed :)

Nimbus Clio 197
u have 1k sitting around mazza?! lucky you! :) i have, but its in the form of a calibra v6 outside my house that i cant sell grrr

id go with some suspension yeah, the coilovers sounds like a cool idea. by the way, i thought your car sounded louder than standard when you were in front of me that time. sounded good!

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
as said, coilovers

car will look better and handle better - best of both worlds and beats anything else you could spend the money on imo.

Nimbus Clio 197
cars already got enough power (maybe!) so making it handle better, and maybe some better brakes will make it easy to drive a bit faster and it'll handle a lot better too. think thats what i'd do.......

I think the brakes are probably more then adequate for road use.
I am about to get some LEDA coilovers in the group buy. As said above the car will handle better and look better.
IMO 1k is not enough to spend on engine mods the gain is not worth the cost but you could go for piggyback ECU Inlet manifold work and decat. The piggyback ECU will allow for any future mods to be mapped.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
I'd get R-sport ecu, de-cat and ITG Maxogen proven on the fastest 172s around!

Maz

LY 200
id go with some suspension yeah, the coilovers sounds like a cool idea. by the way, i thought your car sounded louder than standard when you were in front of me that time. sounded good![/QUOTE]

Cheers Mike :)

Maz

LY 200
Thanks for the suggestions peeps

Martin & Badinvincible where the best place to purchase and have fitted ?? any ideas (NW) :)

Maz

LY 200
Lol just standard mate except the exhaust, well thats what the guy I bought it off told me lol :)

yer going in morning had to ring oz last night at 1am to sort visa out ahhh what an arse eh? i did have a k
+n induction kit but took it off i got bored of it.i found some pics for you but my scanner makes them look 100x worse shame cos they r very good pics.tints would look sexy!

Demon Tweeks are good for setup and fitment of suspension stuff. £90 they charge for fitment and setup. However there are other people on here who will fit them for £40 its very easy to do.

If I had £1k I'd go blow it on track days. Or if you were going to do track days spend it on coilovers.

Focus ST
If I were you I'd spend it on engine mods. One of the best things about the 182 is how it handles out of the box (for road use), so unless you're planning to track it I'd personally say it's not worth it.

I'd consult someone like BenR and see what he can do for a grand, or as someone said get a remap, decat and maxogen/viper as these are proven to give significant gains.........although having said all that if I had the money for both I'd probably get the coilovers too!

Maz

LY 200
Ermmmm I would pop round for it if I was local. lol :D

What kind is it ?? could you be bothered popping it in the post before you go for the right price :p ???

steamywindows said:
ive got it in the garage come round for it if you want i will let my moma know and she will have kettle on its up to you.im not keen on it but im not u.

193 mk2
i'd go for, eibach sportline spings £136, a decat £70-130, benr inlet work £130-300, itg maxogen £338 & either a remapped ecu (bbpt)£270-400 or smt6 gdi £500-600. after all that it should handle & respond much better & have much more touque all through the range and around 200bhp. try motorsportworld or europerformance for ik & decat & springs. hope this helps

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Don't take offence to this plz...but there is very little constructive point in getting Coiliovers...Yes i have them and will "Mayb get them again," But unless your going 10 tenths around a track you won't notice a huge difference. If i were you, well when i get my 172 this sat. 1k will buy you
Maxogen
Decat
R-sport
Springs for the time being.
and keep the rest of the cash, mayb do a trackday for a 100 notes.
Thats the sensible thing to do imo...But what do i know.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
wide said:
i'd go for, eibach sportline spings £136, a decat £70-130, benr inlet work £130-300, itg maxogen £338 & either a remapped ecu (bbpt)£270-400 or smt6 gdi £500-600. after all that it should handle & respond much better & have much more touque all through the range and around 200bhp. try motorsportworld or europerformance for ik & decat & springs. hope this helps

I'd say abou8t 185brake with those mods. 200bhp is a big push and you have to an intitally good car for that. i.e Not a monday morning or a friday afternoon motor.

Agree with AJR there is no way those mods will give you anywhere near 200bhp. The car will feel much more respnsive especially mid range but power gain will be small.

Maz

LY 200
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
Don't take offence to this plz...but there is very little constructive point in getting Coiliovers...Yes i have them and will "Mayb get them again," But unless your going 10 tenths around a track you won't notice a huge difference. If i were you, well when i get my 172 this sat. 1k will buy you
Maxogen
Decat
R-sport
Springs for the time being.
and keep the rest of the cash, mayb do a trackday for a 100 notes.
Thats the sensible thing to do imo...But what do i know.

Cheers AJRMOTORSPORT :)

Clio 182
Surely it's better to have the car a while, see if you want to take it on track, hang about and see what others have done and then think what you might want to get out of the car depending on how you use and drive your car, decide for yourself what will benefit you and what you want to achieve?

193 mk2
AJR & MARK, if you look mazza has a 182, NOT A 172. do you really think she'll only get between 3-5 bhp with all that??? prob. more like mid 190's .10- 15 bhp is well possable!!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
wide said:
AJR & MARK, if you look mazza has a 182, NOT A 172. do you really think she'll only get between 3-5 bhp with all that??? prob. more like mid 190's .10- 15 bhp is well possable!!!

PMSL!!! Coz the 182 actually has 182Bhp doesn't it...Need i say any more.
To put it into perspective, BHP means nout, it's just a number the torque and the toque curve/Power delivery is what ur after.
Rick_172 had it spot on. Full zorst,decat,dastek & IK. This gave him about 10brake. over 15ft/torque tho.