ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£200 to spend on my 182...

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Hi,

Well i was selling my 182, however after doing a few hundred miles in it this weekend ive grown fond of the old girl again.

As im now keeping the car i think i should treat her a little. To do this ive nicked £200 from my new car savings that i built up, although i could increase the budget if need be.

Any suggestions?

I already have -

RS tuner
Matched/Polished Inlets
PTFE Gaskets
Braided Lines

Car also has new tyres all round and had new disks/pads all-round 12-18 months ago.

Thoughts so far -

• Get some paintless dent removal done, although ideally id like to wait until we have a dent day to get it a better rate.

• Wheel refurb...but generally the wheels are in good condition, no real kerbing as in metal butchers just the odd bit of paint damage which looks like where stones have hit the wheel or something daft.
Any other ideas?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Sportlines.

Then save the rest to subsidise the depreciation ;)

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Dont bother ;)

Spend it on beer/clothes or something :)

Lol that does sound like a damn good idea tbh.

I prob didnt make myself overly clear in my origional post. Rather than spend £200 on mods i want to spend £200 on tidying the cars appearance up. Its generally in good nick anyway tbh but there are a few simple jobs id like done on the car eg pdr, wheel refurb or ive got a bad stone chip on the bonnet id like gone.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Trackday might be a good shout actually. Its something ive fancied for a while the only thing stopping me is id want to take trackday insurance out and im with direct line who i cant see offering that lol. I cant really change insurance co as theyre £200 of so cheaper than the likes of greenlight

The tyre suggestion - my cars my daily driver so im not sure r888's etc would be practical doing 12-15k yr.

If you do a bedford trackday you really shouldnt need insurance. But that's a risk you take lol!

I did my first trackday at Bedford and loved every minute of it.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
save it for the next time something breaks or falls off... never know when you're going to need that new splitter lol

Tav

Clio 197
I'd say track day too. £200 will get you on a track day and leave you money to sort and issues that arise after. As for insurance you don't have to change companies, there are companies that offer track day insurance specifically...worth looking into if you want the cover. Track days are generally safe and well run but I've seen plenty of cars minced at knockhill.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Change all the fluids, give it a good service and spend any left over on a run.

The car has a damn good service not so long ago at Birchdown. I treated her to new gearbox oil and coolant. Service/Mechanically the car wants for absolutely nothing.

decat!!!!

Im too lazy to keep swapping a decat at mot time, also dont decats cause a flar spot on 1*2's?

save it for the next time something breaks or falls off... never know when you're going to need that new splitter lol

Lol ive got no splitter to replace and touch wood so far nothings broken on my car in the time ive had it other than having to have the exhaust sleeve replaced as it wasnt gripping the 2 pieces of exhaust.

Sportlines.

Good call. Would i be better with prolines over sportlines though?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
only problem decat caused on my car was awesome noise and 188bhp/160lb/ft :D:D no flatspots for me and dont be so lazy its 4 bolts which are piss easy on a 182!!!

ST
The car has a damn good service not so long ago at Birchdown. I treated her to new gearbox oil and coolant. Service/Mechanically the car wants for absolutely nothing.

Im too lazy to keep swapping a decat at mot time, also dont decats cause a flar spot on 1*2's?

Lol ive got no splitter to replace and touch wood so far nothings broken on my car in the time ive had it other than having to have the exhaust sleeve replaced as it wasnt gripping the 2 pieces of exhaust.

Good call. Would i be better with prolines over sportlines though?

Sportlines every time mate...

They do this:

DSC00760.jpg

DSC00705.jpg

DSC00754.jpg