ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£3000

BMW 330D
I have £3000 to buy a 1*2 did originally want a cup packed racing blue 182 but some things came up and not got the budget for that anymore. Seen as there is both 182 and 172s for this price i just thought I'd ask what you lot would expect for the money?

172 cup
save a little more and buy my 182 on itb's which is up for 4395 ;)

either that or for a 172 I would want an absolute minter, or a slightly tatty 182 that probably needs belts costing nearly 500

Listerine & Poledo
A proper 172?

Unless you are actually Nigerl Mansell and will notice the difference on da twistiez.

Climate, cruise, xenon& leather > 0.2 seconds

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Yep, just get a standard clean 172, phase 2.
Make sure it has a good detailed service history, ideally not too many owners (check how long the last owner kept it).
You may want to check the last owner's age if you can.
Anything left over can be used to deal with the inevitable little bits that will need seeing to.

Black ph1 and then 1.5K leftover for mods :) You'll only want one in 3 months time if you buy anything else...

BMW 330D
I like 172 cups but i can't see any that I don't think have been hammered plus coming out of a saxo i would like a few mod cons. I love phase 1 172s and if i could find a decent one with low miles and good service history i would jump at that. I went to have a look at this yesterday its got part service hiistory and from the looks of the last owner had it a while. http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../postcode/m342ne/page/6/radius/1500?logcode=p its pretty local and in good condition but i wouldnt say "impeccable" also it was a bit lumpy when i first started it but it settled down after that.

Listerine & Poledo
So many of them have had "tasteful upgrades" made to them.

Which immediately screams "Previous owner enjoyed 'Hero' antics"

I know all to well that Hero antics in a previous life come back to bit later.

BMW 330D

Looks good that seen it loads of times but its too far not worth getting down there and not liking it.

Thats what wories me about the cups.

is1

Integra Type R DC2

Yep, completely agree. The hardest thing about finding one is one that hasn't been taken to bits every other week with "mates" lending a hand!
The link at my post number 23 does look seriously interesting though. Standard ride height (i.e. not slammed), 1 owner, FSH (would need to interrogate that!), no Nurb/CS stickers.
Possibly/hopefully a mature owner?

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Looks good that seen it loads of times but its too far not worth getting down there and not liking it.

You could ring up and ask. The sorts of questions I would be asking are:
Is it a genuine one owner car (i.e. the vehicle has never been transferred)?
What's the nature of the history - main dealer/indy/mixed. Are there corresponding receipts/MOTs? Any details of cambelt(s) - would be on to its second by now.
Is there any obvious colour mismatch on any panels (he's a car trader, fair question to ask).

If you like the answers, do a quick HPI, price up a return off-peak train ticket and go view. £50 odd here and there won't matter much for the right car.
Hell, it even has orange side indicators!

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Buy Dunn's phase 1. Leaving 1500 for s/h itbs. I know if I was in the market for a phase 1, I'd be viewing ASAP

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Real Cups are now rare just like rocking horse poo (and the rocking horses probably have a better service history). Many have the wrong parts on them and have been battered like a cod!

Be prepared to travel and pay £s to find one if you're serious. Someone's selling their's for nearly 4,000 on Autotrader.