ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£390 for 32" HDMI LCD TV!

VRS
its a good price, my dad bought the 42" they had for sale a while ago and its a good tv!

iirc the tevion lcd tv's use an LG tuner and a Samsung screen so its a good system for the price :D

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
They usually do.

I'm a big fan of their stuff, always quality stuff at bargain prices!
My tv, computer, sat nav, pda, keyboard (musical), and many other things all came from there, and all have been great!

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
I got my 32" LCD Hi Def TV from Lidl [Where I work] a few months back. Paid £499 for it, and love it! We [Lidl] are getting more stock on 30th November, here are a few pics:

SP_A0143.gif

SP_A0142.gif

More info on product, can be found here --> http://www.service.targa.co.uk/faq....LT+3210&artid=712&artpic=LT3210_Teaser460.jpg

Plus with a 3 year warrenty, you can't be it!

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Aldi ALWAYS include VAT in their prices! dunno where u heard otherwise

I've got plenty of aldi stuff, inc PC TV Tuner card, Portable Speakers, Webcam, Mouse, CD-R's, HDD/DVD recorder, the list goes on...and on and on...

I'm thinking about getting me a new car as well:
http://aldi.co.uk/special_buys/special_buys_pid_44870.html
a Porsche Carrera GT for £19.99, thats even cheaper than 'CarCraft'!

Fiat Panda 100hp
hmmmm...interesting we was going buy the samsung LCD will there be a big difference in picture quality?

dk

911 GTS Cab
hmmmm...interesting we was going buy the samsung LCD will there be a big difference in picture quality?
the actual panel (screen) is one element and that might be a samsung one but its also down to the processor, like Samsung and Sony have the same panels but the sony has a different processor and therefore has a different picture, which one is better is subjective but they are different even though they use the same screens.

This Aldi one may be a samsung but it probably won't have as good a processor as a samsung or a sony as they spend a lot of time and money on their processors as that is what differentiates them, so i would say this 'probably' won't be as good, you only get what you pay for at the end of the day.

Its still a fantastic buy though

172 Cup
I've seen a couple of comments elsewhere on the net saying this has a Samsung panel but I've yet to see any evidence of this being true. If it does have a Samsung Panel I doubt it's the same "SPVA" panels as used in Samsung's R7 range.

I've had "budget" LCD's in the past and while they perform the job adequately they don't compare to more established brands and if something does go wrong trying to make a warranty claim with these companies is a nightmare.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I've seen a couple of comments elsewhere on the net saying this has a Samsung panel but I've yet to see any evidence of this being true. If it does have a Samsung Panel I doubt it's the same "SPVA" panels as used in Samsung's R7 range.

I've had "budget" LCD's in the past and while they perform the job adequately they don't compare to more established brands and if something does go wrong trying to make a warranty claim with these companies is a nightmare.
with aldi, they are actually pretty good with warranty, if they still have the product they just swap it for you and if not they give you a full refund. Does mean you might not get a tv back but all yhour money, which if it goes wrong anyway you might decide yto buy a more expensive one second time around.

dk

911 GTS Cab
So is it worth £390 of my money then or should I be paying some more for something else?
if you can only afford £390 then its a great buy and won't be beat but if you can afford 600-800 then i would get a samsung personally. (as I have!)

Last edited:
  SLK 350
I love this subjective ambiguity, don't be put off by 2/3 people who claim this will be lesser quality because they 'read' it somewhere on the net.

My advice would be to ask on somewhere like AVforums where people know a thing or two, but without actually seeing it with your own eyes, it's like asking someone what car you should buy, when they too also haven't owned one, driven one...but they read it somewhere.

Buy it, try it - then if needs be, take it back.

(IMO)

Octy vRS & Ninja 650

with aldi, they are actually pretty good with warranty, if they still have the product they just swap it for you and if not they give you a full refund. Does mean you might not get a tv back but all yhour money, which if it goes wrong anyway you might decide yto buy a more expensive one second time around.

When our Telly broke we had from aldi, they no longer had it in. They came out, said they couldnt fix it, so gave us a brand new, higher spec one, on the spot as well!

No hassle at all!

Being a novice to all this HD TV stuff, where do I stand withan aerial for this kind if TV, as this would be for a bedroom with no cable/sky to run the picture through? Would I need a digital aerial in loft or something?

any explanation would be a great help.

Thanks.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
A HDTV/HD Ready TV will still take a standard arial..

Although it may appear to be a little bit worse quality than if did on your standard Tv,
A. because its a bigger telly no dout!
B. It has to upscale the picture from 640*480 (?) to 1080i or so (my HD Tv res is 1360*768)

You may as well buy it, its cheap! and 'HD' !!!.....

Connect your PC up for some high quality life size......gaming

ST
Folks just bought a 32" LG HD yesterday, over 1k including stand....the quality speaks for its self.

I wouldnt buy an LCD unless its Samsung as i have in my room, sony or LG.

@ snubbs...

the guy i spoke to at comet was mentioning a digital aerial, and some random trucker in there was babbling on about a "magic aerial"???

at comet they were saying I may not get reception without digital aerial?

is this all sales talk?

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
@ Guesty182

Yea, no dout... unless you dont get reception within your room/from your current arial.

I know i use a standard (external) arial to get reception for the 32" samsung lcd downstairs.

If your in a freeview area, then get a freeview box, and as far as i know, they use standard arials...sadly i live in a stupid place called buxton, so i dont get freeview :( "we're too far up in the hills"

To find out if ur a able to get freeview, type your postcode in here:
http://freeview.co.uk/home
P.S. i believe they plan to bring along HD Freeview next year (anyone want to back me up there?)
James

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Shirleys not that bad lol! Right opposite the police station! ^^^ Although carry on up the stratford road lol...........

Dirty E91
@ snubbs...

the guy i spoke to at comet was mentioning a digital aerial, and some random trucker in there was babbling on about a "magic aerial"???

at comet they were saying I may not get reception without digital aerial?

is this all sales talk?

I had to get a new ariel fitted as my old one wouldn't pick up the digital signal, cost £25 for the ariel plus a bit extra if you get it fitted by an ariel guy, it needs to be set in a certain direction (bit like a sky dish).

320d M Sport
I knowFrance are due for HD Freeview next year. I don't think UK is until after the switch off of "normal" tv (2008)? Could be wrong though.

clio 182 black /gold
I have a tevion dvd player from aldi and it is 3 years old. Works fine, i hardly use it but hey it is in the bed room. Is this still available?