ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£500 to spend on an Audio Set-Up!! Advice Needed!??

Mini Cooper
My Dad has given me £500 to spend on unpgrading the standard audio system on his Renault Megane Sport 225!!

He wants:

A headunit (flip-up, dvd, etc, anything youd recommend)
Front Speakers
Rear Speaker
I-pod Connection (which cost £80)

So basically got £420 for a head unit, and front and rear speakers!

What would you recommend!!

Any links, photos, etc more than welcome!!

Cheers
thumbs.gif

Mini Cooper
noooooo, its not essential to have a flip up screen, lol!! just recommend me a good cool head unit (needs cd changer output), some good components for the front, and some good speakers for the rear!!

i was thinking the Sony CDX M8800 Head Unit and some Alpine speakers front and rear!??

Hows that sound!??

Also considering the JVC AVX1 or AVX2

What ya thinK!?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Wouldnt bother with rear speakers TBH, are you going to have an external amp? TBH unless you amp aftermarket speakers, you arent going to notice a huge amount of sound quality increase unless you amp.

You may find when you upgrade the head unit, to one with 4x50 internal amp (which equates to around 23wrms) powering your stock speakers will offer a suffice increase in sound and you may be happy with it. IF not look at external amplifiers.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
stay away from sony, and £500? pff tell him not to bother. Tell him to spend £500 on a decent 3way component set and amp. Alpine all the way for headunits IMO!

And I would go JL Audio XR653-CS 3 way component set for front and a nice JL Audio 300/2 Amp.

I've got 2x JL Audio 1000/1 and 2x JL Audio 12W7, 1x XR653-CS and 1x JL Audio 300/2

It's quality is like no other and is lovely SQ, If your looking for lower end cheaper stuff I would sudgest JL's VR/TR series.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
stay away from sony, and £500? pff tell him not to bother. Tell him to spend £500 on a decent 3way component set and amp. Alpine all the way for headunits IMO!

And I would go JL Audio XR653-CS 3 way component set for front and a nice JL Audio 300/2 Amp.

I've got 2x JL Audio 1000/1 and 2x JL Audio 12W7, 1x XR653-CS and 1x JL Audio 300/2

It's quality is like no other and is lovely SQ, If your looking for lower end cheaper stuff I would sudgest JL's VR/TR series.

AS nice as your system sounds, I dont think he is after that sorta system :p

Mini Cooper
i could also do with knowing that!! what size speakers will i need in the megane sport for front and rear speakers!!

so the best combo is gonna be:

head unit
front components
rear speakers
amp mounted to back of rear seats to power the speakers

????????

Mini Cooper
if it aint worth chaging the speakers, what headunit would you recommend around the £300 mark!??

how do you lot rate the JVC KD AVX2 head unit??

gsb

98 Sreg Clio RT
Get an Alpine HU (most of which now have ipod connection without the extra adapter) or Pioneer HU. £200ish
Get Some Decent Front comonents (I have some rainbows which cost me about £130 from memory, and they sound mint!)
Then get a 2 channel amp to power them. say £150?
And if my maths is correct, that leaves £20 quid for wiring, but you may need a few pennies more. :D

Forget the rear speakers, unless he has rear passengers a lot or likes a bit of rear fill, then get some cheapish ones and run them of the HU.