ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£5K to spend. Which car

Sorry, I know this is a fairly common style post but could do with some help/advice if possible.

My wife and I want to move to a bigger place and I want to get rid of my 19 16v for something a bit newer.

I have a budget of £5K (no more) and want something a bit bigger than our other car (a new clio) and preferably with a bit of performance too.

Mainly though I want something that is well built/reliable and newer than my 1992 car. Running costs not too much of a concern, as I only do about 7 miles a day.

Any opinions would be welcomed.

[Edited by Ben P on 24 June 2005 at 11:54am]

Quote: Originally posted by Ben P on 24 June 2005

Sorry, I know this is a fairly common style post but could do with some help/advice if possible.

My wife and I want to move to a bigger place and I want to get rid of my 19 16v for something a bit newer.

I have a budget of £5K (no more) and want something a bit bigger than our other car (a new clio) and preferably with a bit of performance too.

Mainly though I want something that is well built/reliable and newer than my 1992 car. Running costs not too much of a concern, as I only do about 7 miles a day.

Clio Williams 1 or 2.

Quote: Originally posted by Matt Wills on 24 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Ben P on 24 June 2005

Clio Williams 1 or 2.

Matt you gone blind ?

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 24 June 2005
5k will get you a minter of a GTi-6.

306 For me too

The Jinx

Quote: Originally posted by DAVE_RSi on 24 June 2005
306 gti-6, same kind of pace as a vts 106 gti 0-60 can get 1 under 50k miles and a T or W for £4500 or lower, lots on http://www.306gti6.co.ukwww.306gti6.co.uk

<stuck record mode on>

Or you can get a Xsara thats just as quick but nicer inside for less than half that with 38k on the clock in A1 condition.

<stuck recorde mode off>

;)

A well built VW

Xsara Vts is a bit of a sleeper and cheap too

306 is a good choice but much more expensive than the above for minimal performance differnece