ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£800 to burn :)

Vectra :(
hi all.

Spent the weekend pricing up some trophy turinis and tyres, anyway long story short after working out its gonna be about £800 in all i went to the window, looked out on my 172 with standard alloys and thought...i really like those, why bother changing them. So therefore i am keeping the originals and going for the standard look :)

So my question now is i am looking at making some drivability improvements with the £800 instead. So far i already have

Lowered on sportlines
Green/ITG (depends which one i have in at the time) Panel Filter (caf to be added soon)
Full magnex system
B&M sports cat

I am looking at intake matching and then a remap of the fueling to suit the above? would i be able to get this done for under £800 and possibly even have some left over to put towards a viper or the like?

Also i am in the northwest (Cheshire) where would be the best place to go? Yozza is closest but dont think they do the matching or remaps?

Any help would be good as looking at sorting something this week before i have to spend all my money on the house or something.

Cheers

Last edited:
£800 for turini's blimy you can get new ones for £120 each from Renault (excluding tyres)

Intake mathcing £160 or so £350 for a remap from chip wizards or Yozzasport.
I'd also see if BenR fancies doing another levelk 2 rework its much more expensive £500 or so but the gains would be better plus if you later go with cams and head work the power will be very nice.
yoozasport use another cimpany for remaps but it won't be that far I don't think.

BenR does the intake on an exchange basis I think so he sends you a modified one in exchange for your one back and money.

It wasnt £800 for turinis it came to about £650, £800 is just how much i have to play with for the engine work, Saved up for the turninis but now changed me mind.

What is involved in the level 2 rework? at £500 would it be more benificial doing this and a remap as opposed to Viper, matching and remap?

hmmmm wheres benr when you need him. Already spoke to him about matching a few weeks back

Turbos.
Yes, i'd like more info on this level 2 business too! :D

Does Ben actually do the taking out and fitting or are you literally supposed to send it to him?

I tried looking for his website but noticed it's under construction :(

This level 2 work you'd have to ask Ben for details but he has to chop the manifold up and weld it together and do more internal work but the gains are more but more noticable with other work.
For me I'd say panel filter cold remap intake level one and decat for that much but I'd not spend any more later on if you wanted to spend in bits then go for the level 2 and a remap. Then next go for head work and cams. However doing work like this is expensive as each time the works done a remap is needed so best do it all in one.
Fitments dead easy realy. I think Ben will talk you through it. Best ring him though for details his site like Freds turbo conversion ie its never going to get finished.

hmmm so bearing in mind the mods i already have. zorst/cat/panel filter. What kinda gains would i be looking at with the stage 2 and remap Vs the intake matching and remap?

Looking for a more even power band, greater response really, i know figures dont always give true indications of the improvment but any clues as what i will be looking at.

After this work it will be a while before i get anything else done as hoping to move house next and have a little one on the way so finances will be tied up. hense wanting to sort the car out now :)

Lam7r said:
hmmm so bearing in mind the mods i already have. zorst/cat/panel filter. What kinda gains would i be looking at with the stage 2 and remap Vs the intake matching and remap?

Looking for a more even power band, greater response really, i know figures dont always give true indications of the improvment but any clues as what i will be looking at.

After this work it will be a while before i get anything else done as hoping to move house next and have a little one on the way so finances will be tied up. hense wanting to sort the car out now :)
Only worth going to level 2 if your going for more mods head work and cams realy which I'd think you would do over time otherwise level 1 is fine for most needs.
Difference maybe a few hp depends on your engine maybe 3hp not huge but when you start going to good cam and head work you'd probaby be wanting to changing injectors as you should be on over 210hp.

If it were my £800 I'd got for suspension and brake work they make so much more difference to the cars real work road speed.

Already done the brakes and suspension mate, hence my dilemma of what next :)

Just replaced disks alround, uprated front. and suspension is on sportlines with some koni shocks on order.

Probably best going with a viper (more for sound prolly), intake matching and a remap then i guess seeing as probably wont be doing anything further. Dont really need a 200bhp+ car. I think it will be quick enough with those bits.

Cheers for the advise. Now i just need to find someone to do it :) or take a trip down south.

To clarify you reckon the viper, matching, sports cat and full magnex then remap will only be good for about 3hp more?

yozzasport will do it all for you - fred is in amsterdam at the moment - try rining him in couple of days
also you have hillpower in that area - they can also do all that for you

Spoke to hill power today and got it booked in for matching, pledium (cant spell it) and instead of the remap was recommended to have their uprated feul regulator instead, giving the same improvments as a remap for fueling but at the fraction of the cost.

Hopefully should see some nice gains afterwards

Oh and a lovely silicone 90 degree bend :)

Cheers for the advice folks :)