ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

‘Claud’ The RB 182

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Also worth noting, genuine Renault valeo clutches have thicker straps on them compared to the ‘oem’ valeo that you can get from the likes of ECP and GSF. The straps on those ones are noticeably less substantial.

Food for thought then on an ‘upgraded’ option perhaps …?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
On a different note

After my gearbox spilt its gutts, the Marshalls told me I was just about to be black flagged for noise

8db over apparently …. Silencers have moved so hoping it’s just a leak

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
On a different note

After my gearbox spilt its gutts, the Marshalls told me I was just about to be black flagged for noise

8db over apparently …. Silencers have moved so hoping it’s just a leak
What are the limits at Brands?

Pure Motorsport exhausts with sports cat and centre silencers are between 89-92 dB on stock engines.

My new car has consistently been 97db with the same system and that ridiculously loud engine.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
What are the limits at Brands?

Pure Motorsport exhausts with sports cat and centre silencers are between 89-92 dB on stock engines.

My new car has consistently been 97db with the same system and that ridiculously loud engine.

105 static and 92 flyby.

I was 94 static, but apparently 100 on the fly which seems unrealistic to me…

That’s why I’m wondering if the exhaust shifting has caused an issue

Decatted Milltek non res

Last edited:

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
105 static and 92 flyby.

Decatted Milltek non res

Never had a problem with the exact same setup on mine. Although I never did Brands.

Same noise limits as everywhere else though.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
105 static and 92 flyby.

Decatted Milltek non res
Hmmm I’ve never been to a track for a while that uses flyby so I’m not sure what mine would be. Make the journey North.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Cracking view

IMG_0071.jpeg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Whose going to fix it mate? Its nigh on the perfect RB tae👌🏼

Thanks for the nice comments mate.

I’m sourcing a second box hopefully from @Udder Nonce , will be sending it to Mark @NorthloopCup to check over and refresh where necessary.

Plan is to replace anything on the second box that is even remotely worn and do the seals and syncro’s etc for peace of mind because I cannot be assed putting another box in to find more issues/have another drive related problem within a short time period and have to drag the b*****d back out again.

Then fit a diff and a new clutch as well as potentially, the drive shafts also.