ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Narffs Racing Blue 182 (Backdated and Pic Heavy)



Narff

ClioSport Club Member
I also wanted to check out the bonnet and treat any rust.

WcDkzUI.jpg


removed the sound/heatproofing carpet

ZiXGvkS.jpg


A new bonnet catch is on the list but for now i'm just going to clean up and grease the old one. Cleaned up the bonnet

1BQ5n77.jpg


I think the bonnet will need a respray at some point anyway so I'm just going to treat the rust and repair with the airbrush.

vH5pkJl.jpg


Treated with hyrdate80 and filled some of the main cavities with bilt hamber

BZtHc18.jpg


I will then zinc coat and touch up with the airbrush and J45 then clear and cut it back.

I had a load of leather offcuts and my gaiter is a bit tatty so thought I'd have a go at making another.

BaYDwkz.jpg


Made a pattern from the old one

xOiJ5O5.jpg


Kkug6Xi.jpg


n2k6mvR.jpg


I regret the yellow stitching as it's naff, The machine I'm using is older than I am and I'm sure the timing is out. Its very hard to run a straight stitch but it will do for now. I will make another with black stitching.

P1iIlJq.jpg


Some more goodies arrived. I managed to get the passenger side subframe brace bar thingy brand new. For some reason the left side components are in a worse state than the drivers side. I'm plodding along little by little.

WU4v1KO.jpg
 

Narff

ClioSport Club Member
So I touched up the underneath of the bonnet. The blend is already pretty good but I can always cut it back once it's cured, It's not high on the list though as it looks acceptable for the underneath of a bonnet.

bPNkULJ.jpg


I was a bit lazy so excuse the over-spray. The washer hose will be replaced anyway and I will get around to cleaning up the plastics.

dXvzXWV.jpg


b1QRhD9.jpg


I took the latch and catch off for a good clean also

GXOd6nk.jpg


Tx63WnN.jpg


I then gave them a rust bath for good measure and then a coating of ACS 200, which I find lasts longer and preforms better than ACF-50

LGT50Py.jpg


I will let it dry and then grease the springs and catch back up.

The inlet got a wash with de-grease, I also tried some alubrite to see if that helped clean it up

NDSCGCT.jpg


Gave the inlet a few coats of etch primer, and started prepping the slam panel. Snapped the clip strike plate bit while getting it off which is annoying. If I can't get hold of a replacement I design and print one.

HatI4pa.jpg


I will see if I can make my booth a bit bigger for some of these parts while it all cures, they're still small enough for my airbrush which gives a much nicer finish than rattle cans or a my cheapo spray gun.

I noticed I seem to be missing a metal guard on my ECU, mines just got a plastic plug cover at the moment so I ordered one from BTT that I will strip and re-paint.
 


Top