ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0-100 in 15.5 anygood

Cups about 17.5

CTRs about 17.0

Magazine tested not stop watch or modified cars.

What you getting 15.5secs in? Is it standard? how was it done, and was it 105mph on speedo?

Yaris Hybrid

Hmm EVO got 17.5 out of the 182 but thats two up and with a full tank of fuel.

Get rid of the passenger (-75kg) and most of the fuel (-30kg) and I wonder how quick it is then?

Thats one hell of a weight saving.

How do you know that Evo use 2 people and a full tank of fuel?

I never knew this, learn something new everyday.

Autocar i think done the 182 in 17.1 and CTR in 16.2

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

The focus RS was tested by evo at 14.9-100

so that is very good(if your in a clio)

ian

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Santa pod times for me 1/4 mile 13.71 seconds at 101mph so around the 13 sec mark to 100mph.

If a 182 does 0-60 in mid 6s then the 60-100 time is pretty poor, is this down to gearing?

Do most cars get simular times to that?

That is an impressive time for the Golf. My dads Alfa GTV V6 did it in about 15 secs when it was modified, so i guess a Fiat Coupe Turbo would be around the same.

-Rob

CliotuRS.......In the feb edition of Evo they do a shootout between the

Golf Gti/LCR 225/Astra 200/BMW 120iSE........Ill let you find out for yourself who wins the 0-100;)

The Golf done the 0-100 in 17.9 but as said above the Evo/Autocar times always seem to be different. I think toypop is correct in saying 2 people and a full tank of fuel for evo tests.

Evo have the 182 at 17.5 0-100

Autocar have the 182 at 17.01 0-100

[Edited by Mitchy on 05 January 2005 at 3:30pm]

My Coupe does 0-100 in about 13.9 secs.

1/4 at 102.2 mph in 14.2 secs

However it is running 257 bhp and 261 lb ft, instead of 220 bhp and 227 lb ft std...

Standard times for a coop are 0-100 in 14.2 - 14.5 depending on where you read it :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Stuff like this is pretty arbitrary. Theres so many factors that can add or remove tenths of seconds. Tyres, road surface, outside temperature, drivers reaction times, changing gears at the optimum time, etc. Auto Express were quoting possible low 6s for a 182 Cup - again, if the conditions were right!

And cliotuRS even if you shaved another 3 secs off that Golf GTi time, I wouldnt be interested. The mid-management-rep-cum-sales-bloke in his yawn inducing compulsory black GTi (if they think they have made it - TDi if they havent brown-nosed enough) complete with overly tinted windows and ridiculously large rims (not forgetting some of the worst private reg plates in the land) are just one of the worst vehicles on our roads. What happened to the awe-inspiring Mk1 GTi has long since been forgotten and has instead been replaced with a fat, ugly, over-weight, common as muck, over-priced heap of automotive sheeeeeit.

Blimey. Anyone would think that I didnt like these cars..... ;)

D.

so 15.5 sounds pretty damn optomistic compared with 17.5 i mean these arent just small difference when talking about 0-100 thats two seconds. and i have to admit for a car weighing in at 1400kgs + and only 200hp that 15.5 sounds a bit optomistic. 17.5 for a 182 also sounds a tad slow.. i thought 17.1 was closer to the truth as my 172 did/does 17.5 to 100mph standard.

Yep but with a passenger and a full fuel tank, the 17.5 evo got for the 182 is pretty good. (That is if indeed Evo run with 2 people and full tank)

I take it autocar will use 1 person as there times always seem to be quicker. 17.01 secs aint to bad for a standard 182. (Autocar)

I wouldnt have thought autocar can manage 15.5 from the golf gti, not when evo recorded a 17.9. Thats a hell of a difference for standard cars.

its this weeks autocar.. havent bought it LOL just read through some times.

Dont know what mine does but I managed 97.5mph in just over 14 secs with back seats out (25kgs)

Chris

Is that without zorts induction or remap.. i.e just 172 cup without back seats. impressive.

the 182-cup (not 182 with cup pack) with new recaros (no airbags) must save on the 20kgs already shaved off the weight. seen as people have said that the center rear is also taken from the cup (not 182 with cup pack though). what sort of 0-100 time can you expect ?

how much weight will the recaros save another 25kgs or more ???

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 05 January 2005

the new golf gti autocar tested at 6.7 to 60 and 15.5 to 100mph.
pmsl where do autocar get there figures from? Evo tested it this month at 17.9 or thereabouts, the LCR came in at 17.2 in the same comparison!

15.5 for a car with 150bhp per ton?

I dont think evo do run two up but I know they slate one mag in particular for their optimistic times;)

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 05 January 2005

its this weeks autocar.. havent bought it LOL just read through some times.

Dont know what mine does but I managed 97.5mph in just over 14 secs with back seats out (25kgs)

Chris

Is that without zorts induction or remap.. i.e just 172 cup without back seats. impressive.

the 182-cup (not 182 with cup pack) with new recaros (no airbags) must save on the 20kgs already shaved off the weight. seen as people have said that the center rear is also taken from the cup (not 182 with cup pack though). what sort of 0-100 time can you expect ?

how much weight will the recaros save another 25kgs or more ???
In this weeks Autocar test the 0-60 is 6.7 secs but the 0-100 was 18.0. Where did the 15.5 come from ?

P

peterh2

I had a play with a new golf gti (on a private road) and he was definatly able to get the power down a bit better than me initially (may have been my crap driving) and had about a car length lead to 60 at which stage I started reeling it in and was passed it (just) by 110.

P

peterh2

Just thought I would point out that the test was from a standing start in wet conditions and my traction control was being a bit anal.

BMW 320d Sport

Id say 15.5 to 100 is a bit optimistic for a car that does 0-60 in the 6s. Remember that its not really doing 100 until it says at least 105 on the clock and that final 5mph can easily take another couple of seconds. plus its easy to not start the clock until you feel like youre moving. You need to start it the instant you drop the clutch, if youve not done so up to now. These kind of things can easily lose you 2 seconds or more.

Unfortunately the only way to test it out properly is to attend a show where they do 0-100 testing (hard to find, all the ones Ive been to do 0-60) or to quarter mile at over 100mph, then you can work backwards. If you quarter mile at say 95mph it can very easily take another 3 or 4 seconds to hit the ton properly.

Quote: Originally posted by peterh2 on 05 January 2005

I had a play with a new golf gti (on a private road) and he was definatly able to get the power down a bit better than me initially (may have been my crap driving) and had about a car length lead to 60 at which stage I started reeling it in and was passed it (just) by 110.
mint. nice story. the golf is designed for reps. fool proof handling maybe but ultimatley dull me thinks.

how funny will it be to watch mr upstart exec not lose the puny clio182 and maybe even get passed by one "but clarkon said this was the best hothatch..sulk"

200hp isnt much when you consider the lardy arses on road weight 1400+kgs 200hp vs 1070kgs and 182hp

^^^^150 bhp per ton is not good when you consider trhat a 182 cup runs about 172bhp per ton, torque is however where it catches up!

You can definitely do better than 15.5 to 100 even if your 0-60 is in the 6s....

If your car struggles off the line but has buckets of torque, then the 0-60 will be poo, but above these speeds its not an issue, the car will then claw it back :D

but the gti doesnt have bucket loads of torque it has around 200lbft. the 182 has 158lblft doesnt it ? the average diesel is easily over 200lbft for example.

Yaris Hybrid

In reference to an earlier question, I am 99% certain I read in an issue of EVO that they always test their cars 2 up and with a full tank.

In last Julys Fast Club 2004 test the 182 did it in 17.9 in the wet. That was 2 up.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

As standard the clio does very well against these big lardy 200+bhp cars,

The golf tested with the trick gearbox costs nearly 23k and the poor relation that the seat is against the golf is still way behind when it comes to value,the clio must be 4k cheaper still and you couldnt loose a 182 in a seat on real roads

And you can keep your lb/ft too

ian