ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0% on 182 - is this true

Octavia VRS

did i read this or was it a dream? - for a 12k car this is only £250 a month and could be in my reach depending on insurance

Octavia VRS

mmmn cup would do - do you know if it is nationwide with all renault uk dealerships?

I havent seen it advertised locally

Hefty deposits are usually required. It depends on the dealer... If one is doing really well, demand outstripping supply eg then deals will be less likely than a dealer who has 20 x 182 sitting in the forecourt getting dusty.

Octavia VRS

couldnt afford deposit if it was 5k - would only offer my clio as a deposit but id be lucky to get 2.9K for it if the glass guide is correct

b****cks had my hopes up there!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

go in and try and strike a deal - it cant hurt to try matey!

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by seb182 on 17 February 2005

go in and try and strike a deal - it cant hurt to try matey!
true mate, off tues might go and see them then

if I was getting 0% apr, it is unlikely that renault would lower the price on a 182 or a cup significantly?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

they wll have to offer a bit, my best bet to you is work out what YOU can affoord taking into account they will give to valver, how much you can afford per month.

got my 182 for 12457.50 (!) with a 6500 deposit (C3 trade in!!!). i pay about 185 a month

i doubt i could have got bette at time cos obviusly i pay for the six odd grand on credit...

if you work the figure out you want the 182 for under 13500 really... at a rough quess

Clio 182

I got my 182 on 0% finance last year - true, the figures are played about with so although I got a really good part ex price, the price of the new car isnt reduced as much but, for me, it was an easy way to do it. I used my car as part ex for the deposit.

Does this offer include cup pack options?

I really shouldnt even be looking at this thread as I know what will happen...

:devilish:

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 17 February 2005
Hmmmm.

It will only be a let down after your Williams though Daz. ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 17 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 17 February 2005

Hmmmm.

It will only be a let down after your Williams though Daz. ;)
Haha. You know it. ;)

But, really.. a new Clio for that.. 0% etc.. and deposit paid for by selling Williams.. its a pretty good deal, innit.. heh.

Octavia VRS

definitely going to pop in and see one hopefully next week. will get all my calculations in order and see what I can afford

thing is if ya cant afford the deposit then ya can get finance for about 6-6.9%apr and then u pay a £500 deposit then the cars yours.

think it cost me an extra £1500 ontop of the price so still ended up cheaper than the rrp

i aint going to grumble with having to pay a extra £500 a year intrest to borrow that sort of money.

clio 200 F4Rt

thats what clinched the deal for me, 0% over 3 years.

an awesome offer, that saves you a fair few quid! luckily i had a Citroen C2 to part ex, to cover the deposit!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid

just read that Reg Vardy in sheffield are doing 182s at £11,999 no mention of finance tho. Need to order before 31st march.

oh btw dont go on the renault offers link above it has a trojan hacker virus!

Cup'd 182

Quote: Originally posted by R20 CWH on 17 February 2005
just read that Reg Vardy in sheffield are doing 182s at £11,999 no mention of finance tho. Need to order before 31st march.

Where did you read this?

Scirocco GT 210

Shame im a dirty student and dont have a job, could sell my 172 and use the money as a deposit for a 182! Ahh well

I actually work as a Business Manager for VW so I can offer a few pearls of wisdom. Dealers do not make ANYTHING out of 0% finance. Bear that in mind when you are negotiating the cost of the car. Given how cheap money is at the moment, even if you cannot afford to stump up the whole deposit you would still benefit greatly even if you borrowed the deposit from your bank to take up the finance deal. But generally speaking, dealers do not like 0% finance deals.

Mitch

Octavia VRS

In past experience tho, dealers up the price of the motor if they are offering 0% finance i.e. you could get a 182 for 12k if you are paying finance, however the car will jump up in price, say £13500 if you get 0% finance. This not true?

Alas, I have been working out figures and it looks unlikely I can afford a 182 just now. Even if I used my current Clio as my deposit, I would still have to pay 1.5k to pay that one off. Also saving for a house/flat with the girlfriend and she wasnt too pleased when I told her I wanted a 182 as well! If I didnt have to save for a flat then I could afford one but I think the flat has to be number one priority - it will be a bigger benefit in the long run getting on the property ladder.

Just makes me sad that I could be so close to getting a car I have wanted for so long! :(

Im going through the same as you POW_Clio, should be saving for a house with the girlfriend but even she is pushing me to get a 182 (or Puma Racing). She spoke sense (but then she would, she already has the car she has always wanted), said that whilst I have the chance I may as well get it, and that the way driving is going I may as well get a decent fun car before we are all regulated off the road.

Talks some sense she does! Just stuck with a final year on my Dynamique finance with the nice £3k payment at the end, sure I can sort something out although I will be pushing 35k miles by then so trade in is going to be painful, also doesnt help that 182s cost silly money in this area.

Octavia VRS

its bad mate isnt it! Glad to see Im not the only one having this dilemma!

[Edited by POW_Clio on 21 February 2005 at 9:36pm]

Octavia VRS

Is there not a renault salesperson on this that can (confidentially of course ;)) tell what the absolutely best offer Renault UK dealers can give on 182s?

[Edited by POW_Clio on 21 February 2005 at 9:38pm]

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Quote: Originally posted by Slotter on 21 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by R20 CWH on 17 February 2005

Where did you read this?

the deal was in this months what car?

happy hunting.

Quote: Originally posted by POW_Clio on 21 February 2005

Is there not a renault salesperson on this that can (confidentially of course ;)) tell what the absolutely best offer Renault UK dealers can give on 182s?

[Edited by POW_Clio on 21 February 2005 at 9:38pm]

well at a guess the best price any branch could do for u would be 27% of RRP - 25% for FnF discount + 2% of the delearship make profit on.... but dont think you will be able to claim the 0% finance....

Cup'd 182

Quote: Originally posted by R20 CWH on 21 February 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Slotter on 21 February 2005Quote: Originally posted by R20 CWH on 17 February 2005 just read that Reg Vardy in sheffield are doing 182s at £11,999 no mention of finance tho. Need to order before 31st march.

Where did you read this?[/QUOTE][/QUOTE] the deal was in this months what car?happy hunting.

Thanks for the info. Editorial or an advert? I take it this months is the one with the new Passat on the front?