ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0/S Airbag + seat

clio 1.2 16v expression
well my o/s seat airbag has gone off, took car into renault, got diaognostic done found 3 faults

1. o/s pre-tensioner
2.o/s seat belt
3.o/s airbag
4. o/s airbag computer

comes to £1025.59 :( booked that in for them 2do 2day but then got a call from them saying the seat is bent or something cos of the airbag goin off and said its another £1300 for the damn seat :eek: , obvious i told them to 4get the work. so now im thinking if i just get some racing/bucket seats for the front this with solve the problem even though i loose the side airbags, can any1 help with this if this is a good move??

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
If u drop them in u will have seats again basicly lol

As far as it goes, u loose the airbags.
U need to get some resistors to fool the system is working again and you will have to change the pre-tensioner and airbag control unit anyways.

Also u will have to notify your insurance company that you are removing the side airbags from the car.

This may or may not affect ur premium.

Golf GTI 1.8T
you were actually gonna pay a grand for them to fix it :eek:

could get a full set of sports seats for half that price on here....