ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

02....how to f**k up with style

my girlfriends new samsung phone upgrade was due to arrive today, no sign of it, she called them and they confirmed they have posted her phone to someone around 400 miles away in norfolk and another one is on its way to her at her correct address, they asked her why she had ordered 2 phones to which she confirmed well she hadnt, so now 02 have had to shut her sim down so she now cant get calls to her current phone so somebody in norfolk has randomly been sent a shiny new phone!

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
hell of a lot better then vodaphone, t-mobile and orange anyway, thats for sure

im happy with o2. have been for 8 years.

quite a big f**k up, although they must know where they sent it?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
^^^ hated 02, where comeplety useless, they've fecked up the PAYG, get 500+ free texts and only ment to get 300 when i top up £10

i have been with 02 and its previous names for like 12 years but never had any real issue but they have fucked up to say the least, her new phone is here, guess they will have records of who got the other phone but not the most clever move!!

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
Re: 02....how to f**k up with style

i have been with 02 and its previous names for like 12 years but never had any real issue but they have f**ked up to say the least, her new phone is here, guess they will have records of who got the other phone but not the most clever move!!

thats odd, o2 havn't been around for 12 years ? :nono:

T

thecremeegg

i have been with 02 and its previous names for like 12 years but never had any real issue but they have f**ked up to say the least, her new phone is here, guess they will have records of who got the other phone but not the most clever move!!

Not quite sure what O2 have done so wrong?

They sent you a phone and the problem has been quickly resolved. You havent lost a phone, they have so its their loss.

I've been with O2 many years and they've been the best by far. Always have signal when others don't and network is reliable

Edit: Didnt see the bit about shutting down the sim, I agree thats a bit of a balls up

clio

PHP:

bt cellnet etc werent they? remember they were on middlesboroughs kit in 96 i think, whatever happened to one2one as well?

eh!!! 02, cellnet...bt...been few a lot of name changes...thats why if you read my post again...."i have been with 02 and its previous names for like 12 years"

BT Cellnet - United Kingdom

Original Cellnet logo
BT Cellnet logoOriginally launched in 1985 and trading as Cellnet, Telecom Securicor Cellular Radio Limited was a joint venture between BT Group (then called British Telecommunications) (60%) and Securicor (40%). In 1993 it launched GSM services in UK, and its analogue eTACS service was discontinued in 2000 as part of changes to the regulation of spectrum in the UK. In 1999 Securicor sold its remaining shares to BT and the company was renamed BT Cellnet and became a part of the BT Wireless family of companies within BT.

After demerging from BT in 2001, BT Cellnet became O2 UK, a subsidiary of mmO2 plc. Out of all the major UK network operators, Telefónica O2 has the largest number of subscribers.

Clio 172mk2
ive been with em 8/9 years, only issue i get with em is every time i want to upgrade they always want to charge me more then new customers which i find is a piss take tbh

also i find best way to contact is through email take a day or 2 to get reply but they at least get it right

12 Months and counting...

my girlfriends new samsung phone upgrade was due to arrive today, no sign of it, she called them and they confirmed they have posted her phone to someone around 400 miles away in norfolk and another one is on its way to her at her correct address, they asked her why she had ordered 2 phones to which she confirmed well she hadnt, so now 02 have had to shut her sim down so she now cant get calls to her current phone so somebody in norfolk has randomly been sent a shiny new phone!

My mate had that happen, apart from she had to wait 4 months for her new one. But they sent her another one free aswell to make up for the mistake.

Mustang, S13, AX GT

Was never happy with O2, they lack even the most basic levels of customer service.

^^^ hated 02, where comeplety useless, they've fecked up the PAYG, get 500+ free texts and only ment to get 300 when i top up £10
Contract CS are absolutely f*ckin useless, I worked at O2 as a pay and go adviser and very often ended up telling them how to do their job and its all down to 1 thing pretty much... For all Pay and Go customer service departments at all mobile companies there are surveys called mystery caller, where an independant reviewer buys a sim card and then calls customer services with a query and rate which operator dealt with their query the best, then publish the results for comparison between the networks. They dont do this on contract as they would have to sign up to a contract. for Pay and Go O2 is actually the best in the UK according to independant reviews and surveys...