ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

06 Clio 1.2 - Engine won't stop!

2010 Jetta TDi 140
My mums friends car has been having a few electrical problems recently.

The battery started going flat every few days but when the AA Battery assist got it going the last time, she took the key out at home and the engine was still running. All the dash lights were off etc but she had to stall the car to turn the engine off.

When the car is stalled, you can hear a constant buzzing noise coming from under the bonnet.

She has called a few garages/auto electricians but they don't seem to want to touch it. The car has only done 13k!

Anu ideas what this could be or is it a bite the bullet and take it to Renault?

Cheers, Chris.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Is it a Clio II or a Clio III? I suspect a UCH fault. Bring it to me, i'll touch it.

If you could find out what the buzzing is comming from might help.

My first port of call would be the looms from the car to the ECU

The flat battery must be down to something having drawn the power i can only guess dmaged or shorting looms etc. I'd personaly start off getting the car stalled amking the noise and pulling fuses see if there any clue to help there.

A renault fault check would help though might make the job easy if theys a fault being registered.

Megane dci 130
It's 100% water in the UPC. As its an early Clio 3 they don't have the modified box it sits in and the seal is poor.

Remove the two screws on the lid behind the passengers headlight and unplug all the connectors. The UPC should then come out. You will find it will be full of water if you shake it.

You will need a new UPC, box, lid and a plastic shedder they made as well.

It doesn't need to be coded either so you can plug it in.

You might find it will drain the battery as well.

BMW M135i
Off the top of my head its around £300 in parts alone, would have to look it up to be exact though.

Megane dci 130
Just seen in your original post that the battery is draining also. More that points towards the UPC.