ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

07 Clio 1.2 16v air filter

Clio Campus 1.2 16v
Hi guys, I did just write a massively in depth first post but it failed to post and now I have to write again.

Im going to keep things short and simple. Increasing BHP/performance/fuel usage is not within my interest, nor is fitting a cone air filter. I'm looking to replace the existing panel filter. I have no problem with replacing it with a standard one. I don't want to make the car like something it's not, but something that just makes it sound a little less dull (even just a little).

I saw that k&n make a panel filter but don't particularly want something that's going to sound silly and reduce MPG.

Please let me know if I am bonkers for thinking there is such a product but I know this is the best place to ask, thank you :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Panel filter won't really affect the sound. I know you've already discounted it but a cone filter won't harm your MPG and it will sound better.

Don't expect extra power, but it certainly made my car a lot less boring, and was only as throaty as my right foot dictated.

Clio Campus 1.2 16v
Thanks for the advice! So the k&n panel isn't even worth a shot? It's just a more durable and resilient filter. You don't happen to have a video of what your car sounded like, if you still have a default exhaust system that is..

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It's the best from a performance point of view (not that you'd ever notice the change) but as it's still inside the standard intake setup the noise doesn't change much.

I had a K&N 57i, fitted on the 8v engine with everything else standard. The 16v sounds slightly smoother apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio Campus 1.2 16v
Engine sounds beautiful. Good job. I'll look into it more and maybe treat myself come payday!