ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v 0-60....

i got 11secs to indicated 60 which means thats about 55 real world speed...

edit: Get a g-tech meter to get an acurate reading, you'll need a 1.6 or larger to do sub 10seconds

under 10 seconds can and has been done in the 1.2 16v dunno why people get s**tty bout it!

Well I think its because most tend to use thier phone stop watch and speedo, both are not accurate...the only way to prove proper 0-60 (if that what you're into?) is with proper timming gear (as car mags do)
any other times are to be taken "with a pinch of salt" lol

all speedo's over read, so best to time it to 65mph to get a more accurste time, I get it to around 11s in that clip....

but hey, if you like to think you can do 9.9s in a std 1.2 16v, then good luck to you ;)

Simon

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol. No chance. me and fred were about the only 2 to do a 1/4 mile in a 1.2 bak in the day i did 11.027 i think and 10.7 to 60 i think and that was stripped out.

Storm Grey 200
well i'll be honest i dont really care i just read it as sub 10 sec, just a bit of fun narrrr mean

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol. No chance. me and fred were about the only 2 to do a 1/4 mile in a 1.2 bak in the day i did 11.027 i think and 10.7 to 60 i think and that was stripped out.

PMSL! @ what i whote 11sec 1/4 mile oops

try 17.027.

clio 172 cup
lmao forgot how slow 1.2 engine is until watching that, i always thought my corsa sxi 1.2 was quick until a sprinter burned me off lol

ph quick
It took about ten to 60, but 60 on the clock isnt 60mph... I got 0-70 in about 3 seconds the other day overtaking a bus standing start, the front wheels hit 70 but the car was only doing about 5mph

lmao forgot how slow 1.2 engine is until watching that, i always thought my corsa sxi 1.2 was quick until a sprinter burned me off lol

lol! Happy days. I remember when I got totally toasted by a HGV tractor unit (without a trailer) that was just amusing, a VW camper van, Polos, Ka's and 106s used to piss all over my old 1.2.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
1 elephant 2 elephant, never heard ov that,

i prefer my way, 1 mississippi 2 mississipi 3 etc :p.

i will have to go and try my 0-60 then to see if its real.

Hey guys, I went out at lunch for a blast and got 3 secs off the book time on a 172ff!!!!

drum rol.................................. 0-60 in 3.96 seconds! tah-dah!

get in!

Sounds silly doesnt it?!?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

pinky, i counted that at 13 seconds too. i counted it from when you appear to lift the clutch.

Correct!

count from when the actual speedo moves not my rev counter!
and 1 elephant 2 elephant isnt gonna work;)

Wrong!

The speedo does not start moving until you are doing about 10mph already.

So your car might do 10-57mph in 9.9s, but 0-62 (65ish on the speedo) takes about 13.

172cup
Hey guys, I went out at lunch for a blast and got 3 secs off the book time on a 172ff!!!!

drum rol.................................. 0-60 in 3.96 seconds! tah-dah!

get in!

Sounds silly doesnt it?!?

good point...

also... cup is quicker lol

172cup
seeing the difference between the cup vid, and the 1.15 vid... reming me NEVER to sell my cup, and NEVER to buy a 1.2. EVER

How can you say its on 10mph when I havent even lifted my foot of the clutch??
that in most peoples books means I wasnt moving.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Look at your speedo and the numbers around the edge. Where the needle is resting before it starts moving - is it at 0mph or 10mph?

You start the clock when the needle starts moving (which it doesn't do until you are doing 10mph), so how can you time a 0-60 run, when you are doing 10mph before you start the clock?

What bit of that doesn't make sense?

I've said it 3 different ways now so if you're still lost, can someone else take over?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Stock 1.2 16v's cannot to 60mph in 10 Sec or under.

Fact, even the mk2 ph1's with more torque.