ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v 2003 crash

monaco 172
Hello.. A mate of mine crashed his car the other day, 2003 Clio mk2, needs a new bumper, wing, grill and fog light.. In black. He's wondering whether itll be a write off as it's going through his insurance. any ideas? Cheers.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I know this may be a completely ridiculous idea, but why not wait and see what the insurance company say?

If everyone on here said it was a write off and it was going to sell for 20p, or if the insurance said it would be available to him for £495,000 there is nothing anyone can do until the insurance company say so.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Opinions on what??

How do we know what damage there is? What if the bottom arms are bent? Chassis leg bent?

If all it needs is a wing bumper grill and a foglight, why is he going through the insurance? That lot would cost less to replace than a young persons excess.

monaco 172
Whether they think it'll be a write off.. Nothing is bent, it just needs what I put in my first post, it wasn't his fault, someone pulled out in him so won't cost him a penny.

Clio Sport 182
If all it needs is a wing bumper grill and a foglight, why is he going through the insurance? That lot would cost less to replace than a young persons excess.

true, and also any future insurance premiums will rise as a result of claiming on insurance, regardless of it being his fault or not.
if it were me and the damage is as you say then i wouldn't go near an insurance company.

monaco 172
I did say that to him but he wouldn't listen, he doesn't want the car anymore which is why he's going through insurance hoping they'll write it off.

53 Clio's & counting
Whether they think it'll be a write off.. Nothing is bent, it just needs what I put in my first post, it wasn't his fault, someone pulled out in him so won't cost him a penny.

Unfortuantely it will.

He will have to declaire he has had a non-fault accident, this will still up his insurance