ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v engine life

M140i/Orange 182

hi all,

quick one,

how many miles can a 1.2 16v do? ive had mine since september, done 5200miles.

cant help ragging it sometimes!! will it F**K up if i took it past 45000 rpm aleast 3 times aday?is this wise?

just wanna know coz it started judering a bit in 5th gear and slightly losed power a bit tonight, first time this has happened!!! but its was alrte alfter that!

Ps - cant stand the bloody ticking noise, it sound better when you open the window though!!!

thanks!

Tom

lol !! The engine will be good for 100,000 miles mate !! Just make sure you dont rag it until its warmed up !! Give it 10 mins to warm up then give it hell !!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

never changed an engine on one yet.the previous engine(d7f) to yours(which is very similiar)was also tough so im sure yours(d4f) will be the same.dont worry about it.

Lionel Richie

Mines done 52000miles and still going strong (infact its got quicker)

I rag the hell out of mine, you have to to get anywhere!!!!!!

M140i/Orange 182

lol!! yes mate very true, managed to get 80mph out of third the other day, was screaming!!!

poor engine!!!Poor MPG!!!

try not to do it all the time, went three and half days with out goin above 4000rpm, but couldnt help it and pissed allover my mates tin can (nova 1.2)

You can get an extended warentl for 120k so the engine should be good for twice that with some reasonable care IMO.

5200 in 6months isnt that much at all the the normal warently is 60k in 3yrs so at this rate youll only do ~31k which is nothing now a days. The 1.2 engine although small should be good for quite a few miles. Ive seen corsa 1.2 SXI with 120k on them without problems so the Clio engine should be the same.

The dci engie should be about the same strenght wise and Ive done 26k no trouble just leave it till the coolent warms up unless it realy cold.

The red lines there to stop any long term damage so dont worry about getting the revs up.