ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16V induction query

Has anyone fitted an air filter to their 1.2? If so was there any difference in power (not that they have any anyway!) and, I know this is a crappy question, but does the mpg suffer much?

Also, has anyone tried the K_tec re-location system? Is it any better than any others?

Any info appreciated as the show season is nearly here and I need to make my mind up what im doing!

alrite mate my mate matt has a 1.2 16v too he just got a piper x filter and it aint all that ,he says it does seem a bit quicker but really on a 1.2 its really the sound u want well thats the case wiv my ibiza coz my piper x sounds loud , anyway on his clio we tried a green cone filter and it was louder than the piper x so he stuck wiv it , think his mpg has dropped a bit but nothing too worry about

Lionel Richie

Ok, heres my veiw-

No performance increase (might even be down slightly)

No mpg difference

0.9% noise increase

that matt would be me, yeah i think u get a bit of extra performance but hardly anything, and to be honest its probably psychological anyway cos everyone seems to expect to get a gain from an induction kit, the noise is alot better thou, but like ryan said we ended up stickin a green filter on because with the piper-x filter there aint much of a sound, more of a scream i found, but u gotta buy the piper-x one to get the plate to go where ur original air box is, fortunately my mate was willing to give me his green cone for my piper-x one, my mpg aint suffered much at all, is at the moment, but thats only because there is like one road open as all the others are closed near me for floodin, so its permenant traffic jams, which is buggering my mpg alot.

Matt

If u can understand what i just wrote well done, lol, its a bit gobble-de-gook

np cheers for info. May just go for cosmetic mods cos I aint gonna make it fast really am I?!?

Like the look of it more than anything else for the bonnet up appeal at shows. Could buy pretty much everything on K-tecs page for Clios! Too many things and not enough money! :mad:

lol yeah i know what u mean, and warranty and stuff means u gotta be careful, id get one if i was u cause i think that the sound of the engine is abit airy if u see what i mean, just seems to give it a bit more, and i dont mind now just puttin my foot down in first lol

Matt

Think what you like but it does make a difference!!! Look on the filter site ant a stupid k&n makes 6bhp in the engine bay on a 1.2 16v... i really do think i have about 10bhp from k-tec exhaust and induction but we will see once i get in chipped.... it deffo feels faster and more responsive. im used to faster cars too just got problems with my license

its weird coz my bro had the mk 2 clio 1.4 8v and he put a piper x on it and its probly the loudest ive heard a little engine car without an exhaust .

alrite steve what clio you got ?