ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v mpg = 24

1.2 16valve sport
Ok well when i drive economically i get around 35mpg. If i sitting on motorway at 70mph in 5th gear i get 32-35mpg. If im doing 100 on the motorway im doing 23-27mpg

Wtf is wrong with my car, it isent leaking fuel, bent valve maybe?

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
the diff between 70 and 100 is a lot anyway. seems a bit low though.

70 in 5th when i had my 172 gave me 40mpg

Revels Mum & Sister
What sort of RPM does it do a Ton at. I would imagine in a 1.2 it would be foot buried to the carpet and at its limit?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I recentlyu got 52mpg driving about 70 miles to Chester to get my car serviced, mainly 50-60mph roads.
Then 56pmg back, something must be wrong with the car or your driving style.

16v Dynamique
I can easily get into the 50s when driving long distance. I don't think I've ever had below 30 even when pushing it.

1.2 16valve sport
doesnt really go any faster then 100, and thats over 5000rpm but not valve boucing or hit the limiter. Whatever it is

320d
lamba sensor? best to take it to a garage somethings seriously wrong mate, worst mpg i've ever had was 28mpg and that was in traffic jams etc around town, only did 30 miles aswell over 4 days using the car every day so was very short trips etc, getting 41ish now on mixed A,B motorway and urban driving.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
my old billabong had problems with mpg (in the 20s) banged a new fuel sender on and wayyy back up to high 40s

Integra Type-R DC2
I dunno, I got it to 21mpg once. That was bouncing it off the limiter in every gear tho.

PH1 172 Sport
I struggle to get my 172 below 30 and thats if I drive it hard. Definately get it in a garage and checked out

Mondeo ST220
Surely thats gonna be pretty near the limit of the car so i'd say 24 mpg was probably about rite at 100mph

2001 1.2 16v
seems about rite to me, thats what i get from my 1.2 16v, need to floor it in 5th to get 100 (5000rpm ish) so its hardly economical.

1.2 16v clio campus
Yes, about 2 nights ago me and a mate had a rally round a few b roads on our way home form a cruise, up til before then my mpg was fine but i reset it before i left and when i arrived home it was at 25, fair enough i had been really thrashing it so i never thought anything of it, but when i was driving the next day i was strugling to get 30 mpg driving carefuly, i usualy get 40 - 45, can anyone help, do you think anything is wrong or is it just in my head?

DCi 100
iirc (was awhile ago now) I think it's 3.5k But anything over that your literally pouring fuel out the car.

I did 230 miles sat at 65 it did 48mpg.
I did the return trip at just over 70 and it did somewhere around 40mpg.

If im sitting on motorway at 70mph in 5th gear i get 40mpg MAX.
MK2 1.2 16v 2004.

Gear ratio's are w**k on 1.2l - if you do 80-85 in a 1.2 its screaming its head off.

1.2 16v clio campus
Yes, ive reseted it a few times and driven very carefuly and i struggle to get 35 mpg!, what could be wrong?

182 Turbo Project
Ok well when i drive economically i get around 35mpg. If i sitting on motorway at 70mph in 5th gear i get 32-35mpg. If im doing 100 on the private strip of land... im doing 23-27mpg

Wtf is wrong with my car, it isent leaking fuel, bent valve maybe?

I think that's what you mean?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
mine is exactly the same. i can get 50mpg when taking it really (like a grandad) easy but im getting around 30mpg when im doing 90ish on the motorway. if i drive it hard i can easily get it down to 28

S

Ste King 182

i only do town driving in my 182 and im lucky if i can get 23 :| !!

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Lol at the people taking 1.2's to the limiter. Bet you achivied a massive 2 mph more.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Haha, comming from the guy with the massive 1.4 mk3!

Yeah so i least i understand its not a quick car and dont take it to the limiter. Bet your a little chav racing around the streets.

1.2 16v clio campus
Bet im not, and how is it even possible to think a 1.2 is fast? But they are a lot of fun on the country roads :)

Evo 8 MR
If im sitting on motorway at 70mph in 5th gear i get 40mpg MAX.
MK2 1.2 16v 2004.

Gear ratio's are w**k on 1.2l - if you do 80-85 in a 1.2 its screaming its head off.

lol if the ratios were any longer it wouldn't be able to power the wheels.