ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v owners

05 1.2 Dynamique
79.9??? i've never found a station less than 85 since i've had my beast!!!

i'd probably get somewhere like 200 - 250 depending on my mood/weather/gf in passenger seat or not...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
hmm i dont think i get anywhere near 200miles to £20 quid, never really tested it though.

could an induction kit make much of a difference? because thats the only engine mod ive got.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
nah it wont make a great deal of difference.

The 1.2 16v just seems to be very sensetive with the old right foot.

My driving style really changes when trying to conserve petrol.

Infact i drive in a more calm manner! hehe

Golf GTD
i find i can do about a mile for 10p.

Thats in my 1.2 8v. Im guessing there aint too much difference.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
^^^^

heheh, i remember doing that.

I used to see my fuel leave out the exhaust.....

1.2 16v Dynamique
Not really sure TBH, urban I get on average 25 to 30 MPG due to my lead right foot, on the motorway if I keep it around 70 mph I get around 45 to the gallon, it has improved slightly since I put my K&N panel filter in though....

Motorbikes
how can fitting a high flow air filter make your fuel consumption better, shergy? I havent really worked out my mpg, but i can get 400 miles out a tank which is around 35 bucks if i drive carefully. I recently fitted a motoflow magnet and it hasnt improved it at all. Induction kit increased my fuel consumption a wee bit, only really bad oon motorway journeys i found.

1.6 16v
I got 389 out of 40 quid lol

thats the best ive done and i drove like a granny for a few days

normaly i get 330ish when giving it sum lol

clio 1.2 16v sport
i was gettin 28.7 mpg out of mine, ive got a pipercross induction kit with a k-tec relocation pipe and a custom cat back system. £10 would only just last a day. get about 34-35 now tho.

clio mk2 1.2 16v
I hardly do any motorway drivin but my mpgs around the 36 mark, Dependin on how im drivin i can get bout 225miles for £20

1.2 16v Dynamique
steven.m said:
how can fitting a high flow air filter make your fuel consumption better, shergy? I havent really worked out my mpg, but i can get 400 miles out a tank which is around 35 bucks if i drive carefully. I recently fitted a motoflow magnet and it hasnt improved it at all. Induction kit increased my fuel consumption a wee bit, only really bad oon motorway journeys i found.

Maybe it doesn't, TBH mate I never really paid any attention to my MPG until I fitted it, so my fuel consumption could be worse, all I know is a full tank still last me about the same as it did before I fitted the filter...:approve:

One with a few more
45MGP + on mine. with no engine modifcations. Not a particularly economic driver either. One fill up costs me ~£30 and lasts for about 3 weeks these days.

172cup
mg gf's extreme 1.15 16v gets about 55mpg average..... 400miles p/tank. have seen it at 99mpg while resetting trip down a big hill lol

One with a few more
d.brown said:
mg gf's extreme 1.15 16v gets about 55mpg average..... 400miles p/tank. have seen it at 99mpg while resetting trip down a big hill lol
I'm pretty sure thats almost impossible ;)
All extremes are technically 1149cc - though we all say 1.2 16v - as thats what its classed as by renault :)
Was it on here someone asked what the max driving mpg you could get out of Clios? It was about 50mpg tops

Monaro VXR
if you put your foot on the clutch going down a hill it'll jump straight up.

Do it in my C4 most i have managed so far is 705mpg.

But i used to find £20 in my 1.2 didnt last that long and you could fill it for £10 more and it seemed to last quite a bit longer seemed the top 1/2 of the guage took ages to come down then the last 1/2 dissapeared in a few miles on mine.

172cup
yeah i find this in my cup lol... prolly just imagining it though.

Don't all mk2 clios switch to 'lean-burn' once the fuel gets down to a certain level?

One with a few more
Yeh, of course I dont doubt the trip computer downhill with clutch down. Its the 55mpg thing that confuses me

t0m

Megane 225 Turbo
First of all wheres the bloody petrol station that sells it for 79.9. Tesco's and the local garages are competing at the moment but the lowest here is 90.9, no word of a lie.

I get around 36mpg although I do give it some. Just on my way to work (most of miles for work) theres a lot of 50 traps and Camera zones so eventually it settles down and levels out quite nicely. I can go a week on £20 which is probably 250-260 miles?

172cup
clairesclio said:
Yeh, of course I dont doubt the trip computer downhill with clutch down. Its the 55mpg thing that confuses me

actually keeping the car in gear with foot off of accel is more economical. dipping the cluch still uses petrol to allow tick over. makes a big difference for what its worth

220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
I can average between 28 - 31 mpg and all I have is an induction kit.

If I try really hard I can get it even further..........roll on getting a 182.!!!!!!!!

Nas

Eunos Roadster
I filled up my tank on my way from manchester by the time i got home romford it was pretty much empty, but wasnt really driven economically, only took me 2hrs 45mins.

Monaro VXR
local here is 92p for optimax and thats all i use on the C4 now runs better on it. and i dont get 26mpg went up to 30mpg.

89 i think for normal.

the 1.2 cruises quite nicely above 100 to be honest quite surprising. most i ever had on dial was around 117 but gps said 106. that was down a big hill and building up speed for a while. was tailing an M3 who for some reason actually moved out of the way for me. i was expecting him to put his foot down in fact i was hoping he would i wanted to see what it could do at the time miserable sod let me past :( was dissapointed.

actively looking
My 1.2 sxi (same power output as clio) was always 10p a mile whether ragged or driven normally if i put a 10er in i new i wud get a 100miles :approve: