ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v - Running problems

Right, my 1.2 is feeling very lumpy at idle, when pulling away and whilst driving along. I have the feeling that it could be the spark plugs? So have booked it in to have those changed over. But I was just driving down to the gym when the Toxic Fume light started to flash and its flashing constantly, the engine sounds not normal, could it be the plugs arent firing each time and unburnt fuel is making its way to the sensor? Eventually ruining my cat?

Chocolate Bar™
i was told they had an upgraded coil pack because they degraded over time. so could be that if its an original one.

Spammy, my 2003 1.2 16v had same problem about a month ago, and now and again wouldnt start and toxic fume light was coming on ,took it to renault and they replace sum "pc sensor" (cant remember exact name of part) but now it all works fine.

I've been having the same problems with wine although the engine management light comes on in mine then limits the revs, not nice at seventy down the motorway, like putting on your brakes.

Mine has been in several times its had a new throttle body, plugs, coil, and a new loom. Im hoping the problem is now fixed. Apparently mine was a faulty throttle position sensor causing all the lights so it might have something to do with that??? Maybe???