ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 8v brake conversion

Mk3 clio 1.5
hey, so thinking of upgrading my brakes..

Could someone tell me the difference between 8v and 16v valve brakes, i know 16v are vented and 8v solid, but are there any size difference in calipers/pads?

if not what would you recomened for a straight swap plug n play?

Mk3 clio 1.5
mine are solid ones, and yeah might have to take it off to have a look. can vented ones just be stuck on instead and just push the piston back?

Mk3 clio 1.5
Tape measure. Sizes.
i know the diameter of the disk, solid or vented there still the same diameter, its the thickness that is different.

if you read the quesion i asked whether these would fit between the pads if the piston is pushed back.

Go get the hub carrier, calipers and disks from a scrap yard etc only a few Mk2 2 clios used the smaller 239mm disks (1.2 8V and a few early 1.2 16V from memoery) get those bits and pads and it will bolt straight onto your car.

Mk3 clio 1.5
the typical standard sizes dependant on the model 1.2 8v are: 238mm 259mm.
Ive not seen many sites selling the 239mm disks tbh.

the typical standard sizes dependant on the model 1.2 8v are: 238mm 259mm.
Ive not seen many sites selling the 239mm disks tbh.
Sorry I meant 258 some places say there 239 there the same. Same goes for 259 some places say there 260 they the same brakes 1mm doesn't matter there the same.

Discounted 1*2 parts
I upgraded my brakes on the dci to 172 brakes, but swapped all the running gear at the same time (shafts, hubs, coilovers etc) best upgrade I've done though

Mk3 clio 1.5
mine are currently 238mm, did some checks earlier and its not possible to just place vented on, due to the margains on either side on the caliper :( will have to do the conversion at some point too.