ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake kit recommendation

182 Cup/ Impreza RB5
Firstly sorry, as I have hardly posted on here, but I have been lurking whilst building my track car.

So after owning a 182 for 2 years, which I have stripped ready for a cage, fitted all the usual track day stuff to the car I now come to brakes.

I originally had Brembo HC discs and ds2500 pads with braided hoses, but as not much used and standing outside for last 12 months the current brakes are a little poor and worst for wear.

I am thinking of putting the Pure Motorsport larger rear disc/bearing combo with new calipers on the rear. As for the front I am a bit torn what to do, I am running 15" Speedline Turini (I think) wheels. Can anyone suggest a brake kit that will fit under these wheels or Pro Race 1.2's?

I haven't felt the need to upgrade the brakes, so I could just refresh, but as I need to replace calipers I am thinking maybe add the extra margin in. Someone I know on here who races a 182 has a AP kit on his, but I am not sure about the origins of where the kit came from. Is the WIllwood KTEC setup any good?

thanks in advance.

Clios don't need bigger brakes IMO. Rebuilding the calipers with a biggred kit and decent pads like Ferodo DS1.11 front/DS2500 rear with fresh fluid and they're great.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
I’ve been using PBS pads on Brembo HC discs up front. Standard Brembo rear discs and pads. Castrol SRF brake fluid and braided lines all round.
The front pads have lasted 1 and a half Bedford days, a Silverstone GP day and a Silverstone National day. I never had any issues whatsoever on any of the days and I was outbraking a lot of cars on track.
I’ve just done a complete refresh on the pads only and I’ve replaced with the same PBS pads and this time I’m changing the rears to PBS. The rears were barely worn at all. And if I’m correct in saying so the rears do very little and I’d say it’ll be money wasted upgrading to anything.

I’ve been using PBS pads on Brembo HC discs up front. Standard Brembo rear discs and pads. Castrol SRF brake fluid and braided lines all round.
The front pads have lasted 1 and a half Bedford days, a Silverstone GP day and a Silverstone National day. I never had any issues whatsoever on any of the days and I was outbraking a lot of cars on track.
I’ve just done a complete refresh on the pads only and I’ve replaced with the same PBS pads and this time I’m changing the rears to PBS. The rears were barely worn at all. And if I’m correct in saying so the rears do very little and I’d say it’ll be money wasted upgrading to anything.
Rears do 33% of the braking, if work properly.

182 Cup/ Impreza RB5
cheers guys. I'll get the current calipers rebuilt I think then and invest in some new discs and pads.

Just finishing fitting ITB's and Gen90, need to get a radiator sorted as lack of room, now I've saved some money I may go for the deluxe Pure Rad.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
PBS pads all round or DS1.11 front and 2500 rear.

Only really need 4 pots when running big boost to scrub the extra speed off.