ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 8v not starting

Ph2 172
Hi Guys,

MY wife's '00 X-reg clio refused to start yesterday.

When you go to start it theres only a couple of clicks, then nothing. The RAC guy managed to get it started, as have the garage but once started it idles at about 3-4k rpm. If the turn the engine off, it again refuses to start.

They've tested the battery and alternator and they are both fine.

Has anybody else had this happen? Are there any knowledgable people on here that would like to hazard a guess? The garage don't seem to know what is causing the problem and time is money!!!

Thanks,

Nick.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
possible crank sensor? notorious for going on these things. maybe worth a try first as they're dirt cheap.

Ph2 172
All fixed now.

Turned out to be a knackered starter motor and the earth strap to the block was knackered.

Just got to sort out the hesitation in my other thread now!!

Clio 1997
Same thing happened to my clio, took the garage about 3 weeks to figure out what was wrong with it, in the end it was just a wire that went to the starter motor, get them to check the wires