ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 Clio 16v Wont start, Electrics have gone mad!

ClioCampusSport 1.2
Hi guys
I've had my Clio a couple of weeks now and it's been great! Has always started, drives nice etc.
However I went to start it this evening, turned the key and nothing. The engine wasn't cranking, All of the dashboard electrics wouldn't work e.g. hazard lights, indicators,lock button, heated rear windscreen and the interior lights etc. Headlights, radio and horn still worked as usual however.
When I turn the key, the only noise is from the speedo needle vibrating, however there is an audible whirring noise you can hear when the bonnet is open. Finally the central locking no longer does anything! I thought that my immobilizer might be playing up however after looking at a number of internet forums it seems that the immobilizer light on the dash would flash if this was the case. The immobilizer light never turns on once when I try and start it now! The Serv,STOP and battery light also now appear!
I had started the car literally 20 mins beforehand, the only thing that changed was me messing about with the head unit to try and connect rear speakers and it rained really heavily.

Any advice on what this could be and how to solve it would be greatly appreciated.

ClioCampusSport 1.2
Yeah I checked the ones under the bonnet, Wasn't sure of the location of any others. I'm sure there's probably more! Do you know where any more fuses are located.

dan's cast offs.
charge and check battery, i've had them do all sorts of wierd and wonderful things when voltage gets low.

ClioCampusSport 1.2
Battery reads 12.5 volts on a multimeter, and cheers will go and see what fuses I've probably blown!

ClioCampusSport 1.2
Hiya, I can't see a fuse box in the location suggested. There is what looks to be an ecu box labeled UCH-N2. It's a 2006 Clio Campus sport

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Open the passenger door. Look at the end of the dashboard. You'll see a cover. Pop it off and behind it is the fuse box.

The UCH, which is what you saw, controls various bits but hopefully that's not the problem.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
That clicking is the solenoid on the starter motor, pull out all the fuses and relays check and clean them all, check and clean all earths and fully recharge battery the cold weather kills the battery big time.