ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 clio injection

i have a k reg 1.2rn clio mark 1. i was just wondering if anyone knew whether it was injection or not. as i am confused as to whether i can get an induction kit or not.

i have been told that if it does not have a manual choke then it is, but is this true as i cannot find any companies who make an induction kit for my car.

also, i read somewhere that induction kits are useless on this model as the air filter is at the top of the engine and all the hot air rises up. is this true?

All Clio petrol engines were injection - even if it wasnt, you can get an induction kit.

The heat is on top of the engine block so you should add a couple of hoses to pipe cold air from the front of the car to the filter.

Hope this helps

Tom

Revels Mum & Sister

There are a few Carbed Clios. If it aint Injection you can get a Bolt On Filter but they are useless and dont provide the Induction growl that you are after.

yeah, i think mine is one of those few. would a green replacement air filter element give a good noise, and would this affect performance as my insurance company will only allow it if it does not improve performance?

its simple to check......do you have an injectors! lol

Tim, i always thought the HEAD was ontop of the block! hahaha

simple if you know what u are looking for. my mates are almost certain its a carb, so what are replacement elements like for noise and performance?